JAGATH SAMANTHA GODAKANDA
Dallas, Texas, 75252
Masters in Statistics, The University of Texas at Dallas – GPA: 3.82
Bachelor of Science in Statistics and Operations Research, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
Advanced National Diploma in Human Resource Management, National Institute of Business Management, Sri Lanka TECHNICAL EXPERTISE AND SKILLS
• R • SAS • SPSS • Minitab • Python• Tableau• SAP • ERP • MS Office• MATLAB• Latex• Advanced Microsoft Excel Analytics• C++• MS Access• Linear, Non-Linear and Logistic Regression• Statistical Simulations• Bootstrap • Time Series Forecasting• SQL Querying• ETL Database Functioning• Machine Learning• Linear, Non-linear and Integer Programming• Statistical Modeling• Statistical Learning• Project Management• Microsoft Power BI PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Data Analyst - QT Industries LLC, Dallas, Texas December 2017 to Present 1. Created and Maintaining MS Access database to generate ad-hoc reports as needed. Performing ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) database functions to maintain adequate reporting’s. 2. Analyzing and visualizing large data sets using Advanced Excel Analytics tools. 3. Leading and implementing Statistical Process Control (SPC) projects to achieve the process standards. 4. Experience in working with JobBOSS ERP system.
5. Documenting work instructions for products to meet the AS9100d - ISO 9001:2015 standards. Graduate Teaching Assistant August 2016 to May 2017 The University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, Texas 1. Conducted Problem sessions to review class materials for Integral Calculus 2. Graded quizzes and exams, answered students’ questions, and helped students succeed in the exams. Planning and Data Analytics Executive September 2010 to July 2013 Atlas Axillia (Pvt.) Ltd, Colombo, Sri Lanka
1. Performed Advanced MS Excel analytics techniques including Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, Macros, and other excel functions to create ad-hoc reports.
2. Performed model selection methods to improve the Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) of the facility. 3. Applied Linear Programming and developed a mathematical model to improve productivity – Operations Research Related Projects.
4. Summarized data and generated reports using SAP (Enterprise Resource Planning) – ERP and Data Management Programs.
5. Capacity planning and material budgeting using SAP. Trainee Statistician- Intern July 2009 to October 2009 Department of Census and Statistics, Galle, Sri Lanka 1. Processed and analyzed the collected data in “Annual survey of household expenditure in 2009, Sri Lanka” using SPSS. 2. Forecasted the future trend of household expenditures and population growth of each province in 2010, Sri Lanka using SAS and SPSS.