Nicole Cruz Based in San Francisco
Shipping Restrictions — Consumer Protection
Many types of goods cannot be sold in all 50 states, so shipping blocks are created to help business comply with state/local regulations. Financial impact:
● Enabled $57M 1P sales due to shipping blocks implemented in FY18.
Private Label Testing — Supplier Management
Regular communication with suppliers to ensure compliance with annual testing for Walmart’s private label products. Impact to date:
● Slashed failure rate from 20% to 11% of 4,000 total test reports in first month of FY19.
Walmart eCommerce, San Bruno, CA — Junior Analyst
Sep 2018 - PRESENT
Manage numerous projects in parallel, requiring extensive data analysis linked to Product and Food Safety, resulting in:
● Expired complaints improvement from 27.1% in February of last year to 0.18% of this January.
● Huge increase in enabled sales from October to November, from $4.8M to $11.4M due to shipping blocks.
● Maintaining low rate of 0.09% for compliance related complaints below projected goal of under 0.50%.
Wells Fargo, San Francisco, CA — Compliance Analyst Nov 2017 - Sep 2018
Resolved over 500 cases of customer allegations against team members accused of unauthorized accounts openings. Casework was impactful towards:
● Risk Mitigation: Identified team members with high-risk sales metrics.
● Enforced Training Protocol: Active team members
underwent mandatory coaching when found guilty of a complaint case.
● Legal Action: Consolidated cases used critical evidence against guilty team members in the event customers wanted to go to court.
San Francisco State
University — B.A. Economics
2015 - 2017
College of San Mateo
2012 - 2015
● Data formatting
(vlookups, pivot tables)
and analysis in Excel for
all projects reported for
● Running SQL queries with
Teradata to obtain product
specs for various tasks
related to shipping
restrictions and product
● Navigating Purchase Order
activated requests in ICIX
(a Salesforce platform)
which provides record of
products that require
confirmation of updated
safety testing reports from
● Outreach using Outlook
regulatory compliance and
● Financial Services