SONYA LOGUE, SHRM-CP 570-***-****
*** *** ****** email@example.com
Ocean City, NJ 08226 Linkedin.com/in/Sonya-Logue
HIGHLIGHTS: • HR certified: SHRM-CP
• Payroll Management
• Benefits Administration
• Open Enrollment
• Employee Relations
• Performance Reviews
Human Resources Manager & Event Coordinator June 2018 – September 2018 Waterfront Marine, Somers Point, NJ and Edgewater, MD
• Supported site management & employees in 4 locations, consulted with 2 sister companies regarding employee relations & engagement.
• Performed all aspects of the employee life cycle: recruiting, on-boarding, training, coaching & terminating.
• Initiated a complete drug screen policy, for use during pre-employment, accident & random screenings.
• Installed a new HRIS system (USA Payroll) including a fingerprint scan time & attendance system in conjunction with the current payroll system.
• Developed a compensation program & improved the employee review process for 90 day evaluations
& annual reviews to include employee self reviews/manager reviews.
• Designed an Emergency Medical Plan to help management & employees should an emergencies occur to include personal injuries/illnesses as well as accidents in the workplace.
• Organized various customer events: rendezvouses, dealership open houses & customer appreciation party.
• Produced & filmed dealership promotional videos for Robalo Boats & Chaparral Boats that were showcased at the boat manufacturer meetings.
• Identified medical insurance options for the 2019 plan year helped employees understand their current plan.
• Investigated employee issued, provided feedback & ensured proper follow-up.
• Managed workers’ compensation cases.
HR Administrator February 2017 – June 2018
Amcor Rigid Plastics, Millville, NJ
• Assisted 150+ co-workers at a local molded plastics manufacturing facility & worked closely with Senior Leadership at corporate headquarters who ensured all 195 sites in 40 countries were in compliance & sharing best practices.
• Accurately processed payroll within Ultipro. Audited time records & resolved any discrepancies; tracked vacation accruals; maintained payroll records & reports; prepared gain-share payouts as well as reimbursements.
• Promoted the benefits programs & ensured employees understood the available benefits.
• Provided assistance with workers’ compensation claims.
• Coordinated employee engagement surveys, ensured actions plans were developed & implemented within each department.
• Administered co-worker Leaves of Absences & assisted employees filing disability claims.
• Implemented recruiting strategies for a diverse workforce, conducted new-hire orientations & arranged for all on-boarding activities.
• Fostered & trained 24 Amcor plants across North America for a self-built training platform.
• Participated in the Plant Safety Audit Team that conducted 3 audits a week to ensure the plant was operating in accordance to ISO 9001.
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa, Atlantic City, NJ May 2008 - February 2017 Benefits Specialist April 2014 – February 2017
• Planned & implemented Annual Open Enrollment for the benefit eligible team members.
• Consistently complied with laws & regulations, ensuring the company adhered to ACA (Affordable Care Act)/IRS regulations.
• Acted as a liaison between employees & insurance carriers regarding coverage, claims & invoices.
• Monitored FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) cases that exhibited patterns of misuse & abuse.
• Prepared Supplemental Insurance invoices & conducted audits to balance systems.
• Supported the Benefits team with preparing various reports & analytics. Employment Specialist October 2012 – April 2014
• Processed on-boarding of new-hire, re-hire & re-instated employees, ensured drug tests, background checks & casino licensing were completed prior to the employee starting work.
• Reviewed & maintained all employee Form I-9’s in addition to tracking employment authorization cards, visas & conducted self-audits.
• Represented the company at various college carrier fairs & conducted onsite interviews. Customer Assurance Specialist March 2009 – October 2012
• Maintained relationships with all departments to confirm a timely resolution of service issues.
• Ensured relationship repair, investigation & response writing was completed timely.
• Involved with Process Knot committee that saw opportunities property-wide & sought solutions.
• Built property Compendium and analyzed the All Associate Annual Survey results. Premium Services Coordinator May 2008 – March 2009
• Provided courteous & efficient check in/check outs while focusing on the needs of VIP customers.
• Coordinated the stays of the casino’s VIP customers, communicated with Butlers, Food & Beverage, Bell Services, Transportation, & Relationship Marketing to ensure a uncompromised visit. SOFTWARE SKILLS & HONORS:
• Experienced in USA Payroll, Ultipro, Workday HRIS, Kronos time management, Ceridian HRIS, PDS Vista HRIS, PeopleSoft HRIS, DataMagine document management system, Smartben Benefit system.
• Mastery of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook & Sharepoint)
• Ability to work on either operating system: Windows and MacOS
• Successfully completed Amcor’s White Belt training course - July 2017
• Finished Atlantic Cape Community College’s Access course - July 2016
• Participated in Atlantic Cape Community College’s Advanced Excel-level 3 course - March 2016
• Completed Human Resource Professional Series from Atlantic Cape Community College - 2016
• Accomplished Upward Mobility, a Borgata management training course - May 2012 EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS:
Society of Human Resources Management Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) 2019 Social Chairperson of the Ocean City Marlin & Tuna Club since 2013
• Plan annual Club Kick-off event for 200+ members, develop various social events and collaborate with annual fishing tournaments.
Pennsylvania State University - May 2008
BS: Hotel, Restaurant & Institutional Management - HRIM GPA: 3.50
• Vice President of Hospitality Financial and Technology Professionals, 2006- 2008