ANGELA J. THOEDE
832-***-**** • email@example.com
Accounting professional offering 25 years managing the accounting process, invoicing, payables, receivables, pay roll, customer service and account reconciliations. Demonstrates an ethical approach to business, superior attention to detail, excellent analytical reasoning, exceptional organization skills and great customer service. Proven ability to develop, execute and implement new and efficient accounting, financial and operational systems. SKILLS
• Great Plains ERP Software, Intuit Quick Books Pro, MS Office Suite, Outlook, Excel, Adobe, IQN, Field Glass, Beeline, Peoplesoft, Point Click Care, Perceptive Content, Computer Networking, Security Protocols, Lotus Notes PROFESSIONAL WORK HISTORY
Sava Senior Care – Houston, TX December 2016 to Present AP Medical Supervisor of 220 Nursing Facilities
• Developed and managed PCARD processing for 220+ facilities nationwide.
• Train and manage medical billing team (5) to audit claims according to contracts and fee schedules by state and locale.
• Develop procedures for proper claim processing according to payor source and vendor contracts for medical claims.
• Audit weekly reports to eliminate account coding errors.
• Audit CB return claims for payment accuracy.
• Negotiate payment amounts with vendors.
• Reconcile past due accounts.
• Develop procedures for processing MD and VA invoices according to contracted rates. Accomplishments:
• Developed and maintained PCARD policy with over 200 nursing facilities to audit for fraudulent activity and keep facilities current with bimonthly reporting. The PCARD process was a year behind in processing in December 2017.
• Audited accounts and collected $350K+ from vendors due to overpayments on contracted rates and/or duplicate payments.
• Developed a process for team workers to read and understand vendor reimbursements according to contracted rates and payor sources.
• Conducted audits of CB claims set to pay – denied claims as “not SNF responsibility” according to CMS guidelines and saved the company $250K+.
• Negotiated with vendors to pay Medicare/Medicaid Fee Schedule which resulted in on going savings of $500K+ to date.
Icon Consultants – Houston, TX April 2014 to May 2016 Billing Specialist
• Managed the reconciliation of payroll for over 1500 employees on contract with diverse firms. Reconciled weekly, biweekly, and monthly client accounts to match payroll with what the client company originally planned to reimburse.
• Collected and researched any overpayments, rate issues, and discrepancies with what is paid to the consultants. Audited and reconciled old deficiencies and unpaid invoices, and audited unbilled records on time for resubmission, approval, and payment (400k+).
• Develop process improvements that foster cost reductions for the department and company.
• Reconciled discrepancies between accounts receivable, general ledger accounts, and accounts receivable trial balance account.
• Matched payroll and reimbursement; checked for double payments and over payments, while billing out and reconciling approximately $3 million monthly.
• Collected $50k in overpayments which was reimbursed by the consultants.
• Conducted audit and reconciled deficiencies on unpaid invoices and generated over $500K.
• Developed methods in billing which reducing labor and decreased company payroll. Done Right Home Improvements – Katy, TX November 2009 to April 2014 Office Manager
• Managed business finances, such as issuing payment to vendors for products and services rendered.
• Bought and sold supplies and negotiated with vendors to secure the best price.
• Accounts Payable, Accounts receivable, payroll, 1099’s Accomplishments:
• Established new accounts while maintaining relationships with existing accounts.
• Maintains office efficiency by supporting office and administrative operations and tasks. Dirt Free Carpet Cleaning - Houston, TX October 1988 to November 2009 Accountant/Office Manager
• Managed the start-up operations of this firm including offices located in Dallas, San Antonio, Austin and Houston. Managed accounting, payroll for 50 employees, filed monthly sales tax, and completed tax reporting. Balanced monthly general ledger accounts to accurately record cost and month end.
• Entered financial data into the company accounting database to be verified and reconciled.
• Reconciled vendor statements, bank, credit cards, credit accounts, and accounts payable discrepancies.
• Coded and entered [70+] invoices each day into the in-house accounting software.
• Accounts Payable, Accounts receivable, payroll, 1099’s, garnishments, State Sales Tax Filings, Federal Employee Tax Filings, Health Ins. Compliance
• Reduced and controlled company expenses by moving payroll to in-house and renegotiated phone contracts.
• Increased revenue from zero to $4 million annually in 5 years.
• Established a QuickBooks accounting system with full chart of accounts to reflect accurate financial records. Entered financial information and payments to guarantee that employees and vendors were paid accurately and on time.
• Reconciled bank, credit card and line of credit accounts eliminating errors.
• Introduced new and efficient accounting, financial and operational systems.
• Develop process improvements in payroll that foster cost reductions for the company.
• Collected payments for unpaid services 100K+.
• Maintained office efficiency by supporting office and administrative operations and tasks. EDUCATION
• 2011 – Medical Billing Certification
• 2016 – Information Technology -AAS (ongoing)
• 2016 – CompTIA Network+ Certificate
• 2016 – CompTIA Security+ Certificate