NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURE and APPLICATION SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Specialize in Casino, Prestige Resorts, Cruise Line, Technology in Travel Tourism, and Hospitality Industries
Over 20 years’ experience and hands on leadership experience for major Hotels and Casino’s such as CARIBE HILTON & CASINO,PONCE HILTON & CASINO, RITZ-CARLTON, HOTEL, SPA & CASINO; PUERTO RICO TOURISM COMPANY, NATIONAL PARKS OF PUERTO RICO COMPANY, AMADEUS NORTH AMERICA LLC, and most recently, NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE. Offer extensive experience supporting package applications for Cruise, Hotel, and Casino Systems. Fluent in Spanish and English and effective in multi-cultural and multi-lingual environments.
● Skilled in analytical trouble shooting, and generation of customized resolutions.
● Demonstrated strength in client relationship management and customer service excellence.
● Recognized for building and developing high performing teams focused on common goal achievement.
● In-depth experience in technology supporting prestige resort and casino start-ups.
Proficient support of the following systems:
HOTEL PROPERTY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS:
o Amadeus Hotel Platform / Amadeus Property Desktop
o MXP / AMOS Ships Management System
o Encrypted Terminal Applications
o Amadeus Call Center
o Fidelio Front Office
o HIS for System IBM 36 and AS400
o Oracle Financials
POINT OF SALES SYSTEMS:
o Micros System 4700 and System 8700
HUMAN RESOURCES & PAYROLL SYSTEMS:
o Kronos & WorkForce
o Total Time
o Time Saver
o ADP Payroll and Human Resources Systems
o Oracle Human Resources & Payroll
COMPUTERS, SERVERS & SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT:
o LAN Administrator
o Oracle Database Administrator
o Introduction to Oracle 9i SQL
o Oracle 9i DBA Fundamentals I
o Oracle 9i DBA Fundamentals II
o Oracle 9i DBA Performance Tuning
o Oracle Developer
o Oracle 9i Program with PL/SQL
Certified Novell Administrator
MS Certified Professional
Member of CISA
BBA, Business Administration University of Phoenix
Technical Diploma Electronic College & Computer Programming
Systems and Applications Support. November 2018 - Current
* Installation of 15 Pc’s and operating system to small warehouse
* Setup window server
* Provide the apropiate cabling and router communication to share the Server applications and printers.
* Training to the users on the applications and computers.
* Support to Small retail stores with the computers and Point of Sales systems.
Norwegian Cruise Line, Miami FL March 2016 – Oct 2018
Leading Cruise line with worldwide operation that provides a consistently superior vacation experience by exceeding customer expectations and embracing the passion for innovation.
SHIP APPLICATIONS ADMINISTRATOR / Business Systems Analyst
• Second level support for ship applications and reservation systems such as:
o MXP, AMOS, INFOSHIP, and other enterprise shipside applications.
o MXP procurement which control requisitions, purchase order, invoices, inventory, receives, vendors, and others.
o MXP personnel HR information and contracts.
o MXP applications access accounts creation, update, inactivation, and roles assignment.
o Provide the internal auditors with the compliance reports requested for the MXP application.
o AMOS application Access accounts creation, update, and inactivation.
o GDS Support as NCL.COM, SABRE, AMADEUS, REVELEX, and related API’s.
o Installs, customizes, maintains and implements system software, program product software, for vessels and associated shore side departments.
o Monitors performance and reliability of operating systems and program products to improve computer systems utilization for maximum return on corporate investment.
o Performs daily activities to support business areas including but not limited to query analysis, report development, business analysis, and troubleshooting when is necessary.
o Installs and configures daily application activities, data warehousing, database backups, interfaces and servers.
o Oversees diagnosis and problem determination activities, to resolve any technical problems that may occur. Participates in the formulation and administration of systems standards and procedures. Ensures that ship and related shore side technical solutions are consistent within the overall corporate architectural direction.
o Maintains a high level of expertise with systems software, and necessary program products. Seeks the most cost effective alternatives to present to management in order to meet the needs of the corporation.
o Knowledge with the Information technology service management (ITSM) systems.
o Perform other jobs related functions as assigned.
Luis Noguerol Consulting, Miami FL Dic 2015 - Mar 2016
Private company that provide support to a variety of company in relation to Servers, Computer, also Installation of communication hardware, Application software, and Operating Systems.
SYSTEM SUPPORT CONSULTANT
• Installation or troubleshoot of Hardware and software according to the procedure established by the customer.
Amadeus North America, LLC, Miami FL April 2011 - Nov 2015
A division of Amadeus Group, a leading GDS and IT software and consulting provider to the Travel and Tourism Industry. Headquartered in Spain and operating worldwide.
CUSTOMER SUPPORT SPECIALIST
• Second level technical support for hotel applications such as:
o Amadeus Hotel Platform core system for hotels reservation information.
o Amadeus Property Desktop: managing hotel configuration, reservations, check-in, check-outs, billing, reports, and other.
o Amadeus Call Center: Manage hotel reservation for individuals and groups, mainly used by travel agencies.
o Hotel Revenue Management System
o Selling Platform installation and troubleshooting support (GUI version of encrypted terminal).
• Second Level support for Ecommerce area:
EPower (Reservation System) Hotels, Airlines, Rails, Car
• Provide corrective solutions or workaround for the cases send from first level.
o Using the ticketing system Winaproach and CRM for document the issue and resolution.
o The used of investigation tools such but not limited;
The use of SQL to solve programming issues using: SQL Scripts, queries, and reports
Goto Assist remote application, Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection
Sandbox or testing environment to replicate the issue, Informational Databases
o Contact Customer via telephone to guide or provided additional information, also to clarify the issue reported.
• Preparer documentation and implement solution on the solved cases and make it available to the other teams.
• Be on-call to provide support to cases on weekends, holidays, and other on the event other supporting sites were not available.
National Parks of Puerto Rico Company, Puerto Rico May 2004 - March 2011
LEAD IT TECHNICAL SUPPORT/APPLICATION SUPPORT
Implemented software and hardware upgrades and provided technical support to 26 locations in Puerto Rico. Locations arranged as vacation centers, camping areas, trailers areas, beaches, urban parks and thematic parks. Ensured workstations, servers and software applications were working at optimum efficiency.
● Ensured software, applications, information, equipment, communications and cabling were set up and installed properly
● Supported daily operations of all computerized systems
● Supported a LAN of 150 PC’s that communicated to 20 servers with different operating systems e.g. Windows 2000, 2003 server, Windows 2008, and applications such as reservation systems, SharePoint, Oracle Financial, Oracle HR and Payroll.
● Installed new systems, and upgraded operating system NT4 to Windows 2008, from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2007, SQL 6 server to SQL 2000. Worked with additional applications like ISA server 2006, ABS time attendance system, Web server, and Web reservation application
● Changed network backbone from 10 MB to 1000 MB and upgraded users PC’s operating systems from Windows 98 to Windows 2000 or XP. In addition, upgraded desktop application, depending on capacity to Office Suite XP, 2003 or 2007
● Worked on proper configuration of ORACLE, creating a server for application and the concurrent server with the database. Test server was implemented for ORACLE to do the upgrades on it and later implemented on production
● Ensured communication between central office and company sites was implemented to report incomes from each one using OUTLOOK or a customized Account Receivable system.
Puerto Rico Tourism Company Feb 2001 - April 2004
IT INFRASTRUCTURE LEAD /APPLICATION SUPPORT
Provided all technical support including software and hardware related issues and internal and external stakeholders. Maintained and implemented technology for communication between several offices in Puerto Rico, and worldwide including Spain, Germany, Italy, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, New York, Miami, Los Angeles and between all Sales Representatives.
● Supported 350 systems for local and remote pc users, by using switches, T1 lines, VPN, the Web Site and all applications
● Developed, implemented, and maintained information systems and telecommunications
● Managed team that provided support to ensure equipment’s, computers, and applications were working properly and that all technology projects were scheduled and implemented according to plan
● Implemented and maintained ORACLE module of Human Resources with payroll
● Integrated and supported time attendance KRONOS with payroll. Developed an application for control of casinos slot
revenue and for permits for tourism taxis and room tax revenue registration
● Implemented MS CRM application for remote\office Sales Representatives and conducted laptop, communication training and support
● Developed an Internet a Website.
Ritz-Carlton, San Juan Hotel, SPA & Casino Oct 1997 - Feb 2001
LEAD IT TECHNICAL SUPPORT /APPLICATION SUPPORT
Managed implementation and provided Technical support for all computer systems during start-up of this premiere Hotel and Casino.
● Ensured that all necessary information, equipment and cabling were set up and installed properly before Hotel opening
● Supported a LAN of 130 PC’s connected to two Novell Servers running Netware 4.11, with application for property management called Fidelio, MS Office Suite, RIO and others for management of the spa and the retail shop operation
● Installed, configured, maintained and supported a Linux server for use of Point of Sales System Micros 8500 with 40 workstations systems and interfaces for Check In, Check Out, In Room Movies, Keys, Telephones, Time Attendance, and Accounting
● Supported applications for management of the Casino operation from Bally. The company worked on a mainframe AS400
● Ensured that all backups are done, contingency plan were in place and following proper procedures
● Ensured installation, operation and repair related to land-based telephone lines and extensions.
LEAD IT TECHNICAL SUPPORT /APPLICATION SUPPORT Ponce Hilton & Casino, Puerto Rico Aug 1992 - Oct 1997
LEAD IT TECHNICAL SUPPORT /APPLICATION SUPPORT Caribe Hilton & Casino, Puerto Rico Nov 1989 - July 1992
1. Luis De Avila 305-***-****
2. Idis Francis Sovalbarro 786-***-****
3. Javier Araujo 305-***-****
4. Glorissa Toro 786-***-****
5. Wilfido Ortiz 305-***-****
6. Evelyn Martinez 786-***-****
Joe La France (supervisor NCL) 305-***-****
Luis Noguerol (supervisor / Company Owner) 305-***-****
Do not hesitate to contact me on any question or additional information.