Marisa Alexandra Garcia
**** - **** ********** ** ***** Rio Grande Valley (UTRGV) Physician Assistant Program, Edinburg, TX
M.S., Physician Assistant Studies, PA-S
Magna Cum Laude
2012 - 2015 University of Texas-Pan American, Edinburg, TX Bachelor of Science, Communication Science and Disorders and Minor Minor in Biology
Magna Cum Laude
2011 - 2012 Texas State University, San Marcos, TX Bachelor of Science, Communication Science and Disorders Deans List
2015 – present Emergency Medical Technician 911 and Transport Services, McAllen and Weslaco, TX
● Experience in Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life support, insertion of intravenous drugs and fluids, endotracheal intubation, defibrillation, working under high intensity stress and pressure, and assisting in other medical emergencies with rapid transport to medical facility
● Pediatrics, 4 weeks Dr. Asim Zamir,M.D
● Ob/Gyn, 4 weeks Dr. Daley Hearther, M.D
● Psychiatrist, 4 weeks Dr. Janjappa Sreenivas, M.D
● Orthopedic Surgery, 4 weeks Dr. Rick Bassett, M.D
● General Surgery, 4 weeks Dr. Carlos Garcia-Cantu,M.D
● Family Medicine, 4 weeks Dr. Ferdinand Q. Magno, M.D
● Internal Medicine, 4 weeks Dr. Irina Minina, M.D
● Dermatology (Elective), 4 weeks Dr. Oscar Sotelo, M.D
● Emergency Medicine, 4 weeks
● Emergency Medicine(Capstone), 12 weeks Dr. Raul Longoria, M.D 2016-2018 University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Sports Medicine, Edinburg, TX
● Performed medical and sport physical examinations of athletes Proficient Competencies:
● Venipuncture, initiation of intravenous infusions, placement and interpretation of EKGs, CPR, aseptic and isolation techniques, collection of cultures, Papanicolaou cytology smears, pelvic examinations, wound care and dressing changes, closure of wounds via suture, staples, and dermabond, administration and prescription of medications, skin cancer biopsy, fetal heart tones,
● Examination of eyes using fluorescein staining, incision and drainage, removal of ocular foreign-bodies, casting and splinting, cardiac defibrillation, insertion and placement of central lines, endotracheal intubation, insertion of chest tubes, thoracentesis, paracentesis, lumbar puncture, CT Scan reading
● Proficient in Spanish and English
● Practice-based learning
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Decision-making under pressure
● Culturally sensitive
Licence and Certifications
● Pending Texas Physician Assistant License-2019
● NCCPA Certification-2019
● Basic Life Support Provider-2019
● Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Provider-2019
● Safety and Blood Born pathogen verification-2017 Professional Memberships
● Texas Academy of Physician Assistant-Member
Gain up to date knowledge while attending expert lectures from Physician Assistant professionals.
Tour Physician Assistant schools and attend TAPA conferences.
● American Academy for Physician Assistants-Member
Attent National AAPA conference.
Values interdisciplinary approaches to address health inequities.
● Rio Grande Valley Physician Assistant society
Promote and advance the PA profession in the RGV through education, community service, leadership, job opportunities and networking.