John Furzland NP-C
**** ********* ***. **, ******, MN 55330
Phone: 320-***-**** Email: email@example.com
Summary of Qualifications
Dedicated, board certified Family Nurse Practitioner with more then 15 years of experience with direct patient care, specializing in patient-centered care with clients of all ages. Self-motivated professional with strong clinical skills, committed to providing patients with exceptional care with a holistic approach. Skilled in managing administrative responsibilities, assessing patient's health conditions, and developing treatment plans. Advanced clinical procedure skill set with the ability to learn and adapt to an ever-changing healthcare system. Strong organizational and communication skills with a history of working within a fast paced interdisciplinary team environment.
Family Nurse Practitioner (CNP), Urgent Care
Hutchinson, MN 2017-Current
Provide supportive care to patients across the life span with non-emergent medical complaints.
Use appropriate clinical skills, critical thinking, and diagnostics to help treat patients with a wide variety of medical complaints.
Proficient with interpreting MRI, CT scans and other advanced imaging, including interpreting laboratory data.
Proficient with time management and able to be flexible with multiple patient’s and complexities.
Proficient with clinical skills including; suturing, splinting, and other minor procedures.
Family Nurse Practitioner (CNP), Summit Orthopedics – Spine PM&R Plymouth, MN 2015-2019
• Provide patients of all ages with spine care including assessments, image reviews, and planning injections, PT/OT and provide patients with follow up care after injection therapy. Clinic expertise includes performing trigger point injections and Botox injections for chronic migraines.
• Proficient with reading MRI and CT images of the spine. Also, interpreting EMG reports and lab values to aid in diagnosis. Also, proficient with clinical examinations to assess for the need for diagnostic/therapeutic injections. Critical decision making skills used to recommend surgical consults.
• Exceptional time management skill for administrative work and timely dictations of clinic visits. Credentialed at Abbott Northwestern Hospital and Maple Grove Hospital to assess inpatient consults and round daily on spine patients.
• Provided outreach clinics to the Buffalo and Hutchinson areas to provide high quality spine care to rural communities.
Registered Nurse, Patient Care Support 2012-2015
St. Cloud Hospital, MN
• Critical care float with emphasis in ICU, ER, and Telemetry. Proficient with code blue/trauma response. Skill sets include; IV administration, IO administration, assisting with sterile procedures such as central lines and lumbar punctures, and monitoring critically ill patients of all ages.
• Excellent track record of addressing critical patients needs while collaborating effectively within a multidisciplinary team. Effective communication with physicians, and nursing staff across a wide range of specialties to collaborate patient care.
• Assess, diagnose, plan, and implement care plans within the scope of practice for registered nurses. Use delegation effectively to enhance the patient experience.
Registered Nurse, Emergency Trauma Center 2010-2012
St. Cloud Hospital, MN
• Utilized the nursing process to provide competent and holistic patient care to patient of all ages. Proficient with code blue and trauma response. Monitor critically ill patients and triage according to acuity of patient needs.
• Proficient with the safe administration of IV, PO, IM, and SubQ medications to patients of all age groups. Experience with splinting, casting, Foley placement, and assisting with sterile procedure such as central line placement and lumbar punctures.
• Extensive experience with EPIC EMR system.
Walden University: Minneapolis, MN 2014
• Masters of Science in Nursing with Honors, specializing in Family Nurse
Anoka-Ramsey Community College: Cambridge, MN 2009
• Associates of Art in Nursing with Honors - Registered Nurse (RN)
Central Lakes College: Brainerd, MN 2007
• Certification of Achievement with Honors – Practical Nurse (LNP)
• Proficient with reading MRIs, CT scans, and x-rays.
• Advanced EKG training and certification.
• Experience with suturing, splinting/casting, intubation, trigger point injections, and Botox injections along with many other valuable skill sets.
• Various OB/GYN examinations and procedures.
Proficient with early recognition and treatment of ill patient’s across the life span.
• Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner – American Association of Nurse Practitioners – State of Minnesota (Certification # CNP 3427)
• Registered Nurse – State of Minnesota (License # R-192004-0)
• NPI #: 154*******
• DEA#: MF3437452
• ACLS/BLS (Current until 2020)
• Proficient with electronic medical records including; Epic, Excellian, Citrix.
References Upon Request