Benedicta Amata Dissanayake (preferred name Amata)
** ***** ***** ****** ** Calgary AB T3G 5V2
Tel :- 587-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org
Profile in Summary
I am a self-motivated individual with over twelve years of experience in the banking sector. I have the ability to adapt and initiate changes effectively through experience gained in handling different roles in different levels and a thirst to seek knowledge and continuous development in order to contribute the maximum to the organization’s success. Reading being my main hobby enables me in achieving continuous self development. Skills – Strong planning and organizational skills, Corporate and retail banking services, Proposal and report writing, Effective and efficient business communication, Attitude for sales, Analysis of financials, Analytical skills, Problem solving, Professional customer service, strong attention to detail and the ability to work individually or as part of a team.
Investment Funds in Canada, qualification completed in April 2019. Mutual funds license obtained.
Completed the MBA at Postgraduate Institute of Management (PIM), University of Sri Jayewardenepura. Overall grade obtained – A, GPA – 6.0. Equivalent to a Canadian University MBA as certified by WES.ORG.
Associate Member of the Institute of Bankers of Sri Lanka - AIB (SL), since 2009.
Completed a Diploma in Banking & Finance (DBF) conducted by the Institute of Bankers of Sri Lanka
(Duration – from 2004 to 2008).
Workshop on ‘Senior Lending for Relationship Managers’ conducted in Colombo by CRISIL Ltd, India in January 2012
Training program conducted by Franklin Covey Institute on ‘7 Habits of Highly Effective People’ in July 2010
Training program on ‘Advanced Techniques in Managing a Lending Portfolio’ conducted in Colombo by the Academy of Banking & Finance Studies, Pune India in July 2009
Program conducted in Colombo by the PI-ETA Consulting Company, Singapore on ‘Structuring Optimal Banking Lines’ in August 2007
Training program on ‘Managing Professional Relationships through Negotiation Skills’ conducted by the Singapore Institute of Management, Colombo in December 2005
Workshop on ‘Customer Service Excellence’ Conducted by Kent Academy of Carrier Training, August 2003 Professional Experience
TD Canada Trust – Calgary, Canada.
Period : From 19th February 2018 to date.
Designation : Personal Banking Associate
Was previously employed at Beddington and 8th Street SW Calgary branches. Currently located at Kensington Help & Advice Center (10th Street NW Calgary).
- Engage customers in day to day advice needs, service transactions and digital education.
- Understand customer needs and guide customers to the right contact person for appropriate solutions while exercising good judgement in confidential matters. 2 P a g e
- Support the frontline staff with scheduled cash and non-cash transactions. Current location, mainly non cash transactions. But provides support and guidance to customers on cash transactions at the ATM.
- Recommend improvements to work practices, branch operations and processes to enhance customer experience and achieve operational excellence.
- Ensure prepared documentation is accurate and is consistent with relevant regulations and ethics.
- Work in a team environment contributing to the growth of the team. Shensha Import & Export (Pvt) Ltd, Sri Lanka.
Period : From 15th February 2017 to August 2017
Designation : Financial Controller
- Ensure that all accounting allocations are appropriately made and perform cash management functions.
- Oversee accounts receivable, payable, cash disbursements, payroll and bank reconciliation.
- Liaise with banks in order to obtain proper financing products in order to ensure smooth function of the organisation’s operations.
- Ensure that documentation of all financial transactions of the company are properly completed.
- Provide necessary advice to Company leadership on cash management functions. National Development Bank PLC (NDB bank) - Colombo, Sri Lanka Period : From 1st April 2012 to 28th March 2016
Designation : Assistant Manager - Corporate Banking Department Job Role : Relationship Manager
Managed a portfolio of 20-30 corporate clients from different industry sectors. In this role I was assigned to: Responsibilities:
- Deliver as per the set budgets in terms of revenue and monitor performance on a monthly basis.
- Facilitate portfolio growth in terms of the bank’s credit policy.
- Implement the agreed marketing plan to retain and grow existing portfolio and for marketing of new clients.
- Conduct regular follow ups and take remedial action wherever necessary to maintain portfolio quality. Arrange meetings with clients to discuss any matters and advise on corrective action.
- Perform a periodic risk assessment on every customer in the portfolio and establish a relationship strategy to grow, maintain, reduce or exit depending on the risk appetite of the bank, taking into account various risk factors in agreement with the team leader.
- Establish the smooth flow of the day to day requirements of the customers by coordinating with internal service departments.
- Identify cross selling opportunities.
- Completion and presentation of credit proposals to the credit committee.
- Visit clients periodically and ensure periodic factory visits, stock inspections etc. are carried out. Period : From 1st April 2009 to 31st March 2012
Designation : Officer - Corporate Banking Department Job Role : Account Officer
- Similar responsibilities as stated above but commencing with a lesser client portfolio of 05 clients which grew over the 3 years.
3 P a g e
Period : From 5th September 2005 to 31st March 2009 Designation : Banking Assistant / Senior Banking Assistant - Corporate Banking Department Job Role : Account Officer
- Provide back up to Relationship Managers in the Team.
- Liaise with Treasury, Trade Finance, Central Processing Unit, Branches and Credit Administration Unit for timely and efficient delivery of products, services and facilities to existing corporate clients.
- Preparing the first draft of comprehensive Credit Proposals.
- Monitor for completion and lodging of security documentation for approved facilities.
- Conduct periodical stock / factory inspections as and when required/warranted. Period : From 1st April 2004 to 4th September 2005 Designation : Banking Assistant – Central Processing Unit Job Role : Banking Assistant
- Inward & Outward Telegraphic Transfers, Foreign and local drafts, Salary transfers.
- Internet Banking – Creation of internet banking profiles for customers and managing the customer database.
Period : From 15th June 2003 to 31st March 2004
Designation : Banking Trainee – Marketing Department Job Role : Public Relations Assistant
- To liaise with internal and external parties of the bank and arrange meetings and required logistics for same.