Omar Abdullatif Nassar
Mobile : +970********* Nablus, Palestine
E-mail : email@example.com
Website : https://sa.linkedin.com/in/omar-nassar-b7806338 Education : BSc in Civil Engineering. Damascus University, Syria, 1985 Nationality : Palestinian & Jordanian Languages: Arabic & English EXPERIENCE
2018 – Present: FREELANCE CONSTRUCTION PROJECT
PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT
FREELANCER, NABLUS, PALESTINE
I provide the following services:
• Project Planner/Scheduler (Primavera P6 or Microsoft Project)
• Baseline Program
• Cost Loaded, Resource Loaded Baseline Program
• Program Updates and Program Revise
• Resources Histograms, Cash Flow and S-Curve
• Special Training by Special Trainer (Face to face or Online). Also, we offer Computer Training Courses for Beginners: Operating a Computer + Internet + MS Word + MS Excel
• Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Technical Reports
• Project Plan, QA/QC Plan, HSE Plan and Project Organization Chart
• Submittals, Method of Statement and Quantity Surveying
• Projects Study, Tenders, Bids & Documentation Services
• Consulting and Supervising
• Value Engineering
• 3D drafting & modeling services ArchiCAD BIM
• Arabic and English Translation
Page 2 of 4
2005 – 2018: EXECUTIVE MANAGER
NUFOUTH ALTATWEER CONTRACTING EST. RIYADH, KSA.
Executive manager of a general contracting and real estate establishment with full P&L responsibility: Accountable for the overall management of the employees and daily operations of the establishment, Supervised all department managers and their work
(projects department, financial department and HR department). Accountable for implementing new strategies and plans in the establishment. Accountable for hiring new people and providing them training, Established organizational objectives and goals for all departments. Accountable for planning, supervision and coordination with various projects, consultants, suppliers for materials and equipment. Accountable for QA/QC of all works for timely completion of the projects as per the scheduled deadlines and within budgetary constraints and with strong commitment to HSE to minimize the risk on projects. Co-ordination with the State Government/administration and locals. Preparation of schedules and management information to ensure timely arrangements of all inputs required for the execution of the projects, such as timely release of construction drawings, consumables, spares and construction materials, submittals, safety measures, man and material management, labor requirements and dispatch workers to construction sites.
Confer with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority. Review project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
Visit the construction sites to monitor their progress and the quality of their work, addressing any issues or concerns that arise. When there are problems like errors or unexpected delays, help other project managers to correct delivery problems or implement improved methods. Take over troubled projects and help determine the appropriate plan for recovery, then deliver to plan.
Ensure that reports on status are accurate and deliverables are approved and accepted formally within defined schedules.
Before beginning a project, provide the customer with a proposal or bid that outlines how we will complete the project, including how long it will take and how much it will cost. Some completed projects: Shoreline development of community in Jubail industrial city with a value of SR 85 million and with contract duration of 18 months, High-rise hotel in Medina with a value of SR 100 million and with duration of 12 months, commercial center and high-quality villas in Riyadh with a value of SR 35 million and with duration of 12 months, Construction Of a 400 Bed Capacity Hospital in Buraydah with a value of SR 220 million and with duration of 30 months, Infrastructure Project in Taif with a value of SR 150 million and with duration of 24 months, many other projects in Az Zulfi and Riyadh. Page 3 of 4
1997 – 2005: PROJECTS MANAGER & OWNER REPRESENTATIVE MINISTRY OF ISLAMIC AFFAIRS, RIYADH, KSA.
• Selecting the appropriate designers, consultants and contractors through a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) and Request for Proposals (RFP) process (In the field of construction of buildings and real estate).
• Correcting any project deficiencies that affect production, quality and safety requirements prior to final evaluation and project reviews.
• Provide “on-going” value engineering of project to identify potential cost savings and eliminate project delays.
• Adopting all relevant requirements around issues such as building permits, environmental regulations, connections of public services (sanitary, water supply, electricity and communications), civil defense, and safety on all work assignments.
• Represent the ministry in meetings and conferences with contractors and consultants.
• Review design development and construction documents, specifications, and bid documents, for construction features, prior to release for bid; assume responsibility for all aspects of bid procedure.
• Perform on-site inspections for quality of workmanship, quality of materials, conformity with plans & specifications, code compliance, on-site safety, project schedule vs. progress, and general progress of the construction project.
• Maintain observation reports/logs including work description, work methods, contractors and consultants on site, weather conditions, observations, photos, etc.
• Manage activities using accepted project management methodologies related to construction, maintenance, operation, repair, renovation, and remodeling of projects
(total value of projects is around SR 1 Billion)
• Ensure all procurement paperwork from inception to completion is properly completed and timely remanded for payment to Finance.
• Participate in committees of final inspection and final acceptance and preparing punch list of items of work requiring immediate corrective or completion action by the contractor. Some completed projects: Al-Jazeerah complex at a cost of SR 200 million and with duration of 36 months, Al-Basheeria hotel at a cost of SR 170 million and with duration of 18 months, many other new/development/renovation/maintenance/investment projects. 1993 - 1997: PROJECT MANAGER
AL-ARRAB CONTRACTING COMPANY, RIYADH, KSA.
• Create and execute project work plans (construction projects of buildings and civil works) and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities. Requisition supplies and materials to complete the project.
• Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope. Using industry best practice for management of time, cost, procurement, communication, scope, human resources, risk and quality with solid integration across all functions to ensure integrity of project operations.
• Review deliverables before passing to client, review status reports prepared by team and modifies schedules or plans as required and prepare project reports for management, client, or consultant. Review with planning engineer the budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports.
• Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
• Ensure if project documents are complete and stored appropriately.
• Direct supervision of manpower & sub-contractors, resource planning, scheduling, quality, cost control and financial oversight.
Completed projects: Medical and residential complex in Riyadh with total spaces of 7500 m2 roofs, Development project consists of Villas and other buildings and constructions with infrastructure, landscaping and hardscaping works inside a farm in Riyadh Area (SR 4 million as workmanship).
Page 4 of 4
1990 - 1993 ROADS ENGINEER & BUILDING PROJECT MANAGER AL-OWAIDAH CO. FOR CONTRACTING, RIYADH, KSA.
• Contractor representative for a part of project Riyadh-Taif highway with a value of SR 10 billion, and a manager of a construction project of offices, markets and stores in Riyadh.
• Take part in the initial design, reviewing and approving project drawings, coordinate with consultant to make the necessary changes and ensures the project meets deadlines.
• Coordinate project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
• Review the site survey data, follow-up the quantity serving, and prepare monthly Pay Application.
1987 - 1990 CONSULTANT ENGINEER (DESIGNER & SUPERVISOR) AL-HARTHY CONSULTING ENGINEERS, NAJRAN, KSA.
• Structural designer for many kinds of buildings such as residential buildings, petrol stations, mosques, banks, offices and commercial centers.
• Provide a wide range of services to clients and liaise with clients to plan, manage, design and supervise the construction of projects with skilled in delivering progress and status information to help keep clients in control of evolving situations in a way that will lead to successful results.
• Using a range of design computer packages for designing projects and undertaking complex and repetitive calculations then developing detailed designs. 1985 - 1987 SITE ENGINEER (SUPERVISOR)
OSAMAH QASTOON ENGINEERING OFFICE, DAMASCUS, SYRIA.
• Understand, identify and facilitate the key project milestones.
• Implement plans to achieve results and monitor progress, communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues, define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
• Compiling, checking and approving reports and drawings and review monthly pay application.
• Attend, or conduct, construction meetings with contractor and major subcontractors that are on Site to discuss of potential or pending change orders, problems, schedule, budget, RFIs and any other areas of interest.
• Quantity surveying all the structural and architectural works, investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
Completed projects: Four residential buildings in Damascus with total spaces of 12000 m2 roofs and 2500 m2 site development.
Management of Companies and Projects.
Skilled in applying all aspects of formal PM/CM practice. Effective leader with the skills to build highly motivated, productive, and diverse teams. Leading a multi-national staff. The ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with a strong problem solving and decision-making acumen to initiate actions independently, negotiator, Excellent oral and written communication, report writing, planning, scheduling, organizing, coordinating, controlling, financial and technical skills.
Successful background in execution and consulting service management.
Experience in value engineering.
Effectively using standard office tools (Excel, MS Word, Outlook, Visio, etc.) as well as Primavera P6, MS Project, ArchiCAD, AutoCAD, Internet and Other Programs.
Trainer for Primavera, Microsoft project and ArchiCAD.