My professional experience in medical record management, healthcare pre-authorizations, healthcare administration and quality assurance as granted me the tools and skills needed to excel within healthcare. I am looking for an opportunity to maximize my potential and utilize my current experience in Healthcare Administration to obtain a position within healthcare which will forge me the ability to enhance my professional development
Skills & Abilities
●Knowledge: Medical Terminology, HCFA 1500 & UB-04 forms, HIPAA, Confidentiality & Privacy
●Experience: Electronic Medical Records (EMR), Compliance & Auditing, Teambuilding & engagement, Workplace development & training
●Takes initiative, Administration functions, Exceptional organization skills, Detailed oriented, Excellent Oral and written communication skills, Ability to work independently, Strong problem solving skills
Medical Data Systems— Melbourne, FL
Insurance Collector/Health Claims Specialist
●Determine and log coordination of benefits for accurate processing.
●Securely input patient’s health insurance, record details and pertinent data through the operation of electronic medical records (EMR) systems.
●Responsible for identifying and correcting errors in addition to reviewing and appealing unpaid or denied claims.
●Used urgent and effective communication with insurance providers, patients and team members to get claims adjudicated quickly and accurately.
●Maintained privacy and confidentiality of all patient information.
●Coordinate with patients and health insurance providers to resolve health claim matters, resulting in processed and paid claims.
●Correspond with commercial and government insurance providers to verify benefits.
●Adhere to billing practices, policies and procedure to ensure HIPAA confidentiality.
Rockledge MRI— Rockledge, FL
Lead Radiology Scheduler
●• Coordinate and schedule imaging and follow-up appointments as designated by physicians.
• Give instructions regarding exam preparation.
• Obtain and manage all physician orders in a timely and efficient manner.
• Effectively communicate with patients', physicians and other staff both within the Clinic and at outside facilities providing accurate, timely, and responsive information.
• Coordinate processes and route all paperwork as required to meet physician and facility requirements.
• Ensure efficient telephone communication.
• Follow all written protocols and procedures of the Clinic.
• Demonstrate courtesy and helpfulness toward patients and their families.
• Utilize computer to obtain copies of appropriate lab work, demographic data and other pertinent information.
• Obtain results of tests and place with present exam information.
Bethesda On Turkey Creek— Palm Bay, Florida
●• Responsible for maintaining resident files, including verifying each file contains a resident move-in inspection sheet and marketing documentation.
• Responsible for answering telephones, handling requests as needed and referring others to the manager.
• Responsible for administrative tasks, including inputting information into the computer system, typing, photocopying, filing and opening mail.
• When necessary, substituting for the van driver.
• Assists in maintaining systems, policies, reports and manuals that are appropriate to the Senior Suites operations.
• Assists in preparing and maintaining reports, including but not limited to: marketing reports, financial reports or any reports relating to resident issues.
• Talk with residents to learn of any problems, concerns or issues relating to resident services.
• Assists Property Manage with move-in orientations.
• Responsible for assisting in the leasing of apartments according to established guidelines. This includes marketing and showing apartments.
• Assists in collecting, recording and depositing rent payments, credit check fees, ect.
• Responsible for entering transactions, charges and payments into the computer.
• Distributes resident statements, menus, memos and other items to residents.
• Assists in the operation of the automated food service program.
• Assists in scheduling and implementing resident activities.
• Prepares monthly activity calendar
Med Solutions- Melbourne, Florida
• Promote positive behaviors by leading by example
• Responsible for reviewing attendance daily and completing return to work conversations when partial or full shifts are missed by team members
• Responsible for ensuring schedule adherence throughout the day for team members
• Listen to calls remotely and side by side with team members and review emails and provide direct constructive feedback to pod members.
• Provides supervision to a team of consumer engagement representatives.
• Monitors and documents adherence to Call Center policies and procedures.
• Manages escalated calls.
• Understands and explains key performance metrics.
• Engages in initiatives to improve call center and agent performance.
• Performs special projects.
• Continues interactive communication with each team member, promoting and encouraging a positive team atmosphere.
• May attend meetings with other departments to resolve issues and provide updates to the team.
Med Solutions - Melbourne, Florida
Consumer Engagement Specialist•Clearly explains the program to the member to assist the member with making the best informed choice regarding their healthcare
•Understands the position is a Customer Service position that includes service based solutions
•Speaks to members regarding facility location (both inbound and outbound)
•Reviews cases to offer multiple imaging locations
•Makes outbound calls to facilities to schedule imaging appointments
•Tracks details on all cases worked
•Provides exceptional customer service on each call
• Follow multiple health plan rules.
• Enter data correctly into computer system numerous times a day. Re
• Receive inbound calls from physician offices in regards to preauthorization.
• Provide great customer service by helping customers as quickly and correctly as possible.
• Follow multiple health plan rules.
• Effectively calm upset callers and solve problems quickly by using available resources.
• Assist in training new hires on handling customers, ISAAC, and to reduce AHT and ACW.
• Enter data correctly into computer system numerous times a day.
• Learn and apply to new rules and regulations from health plans quickly
All American Solid Surfaces- Melbourne, Florida
Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; preparing payroll; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
• Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement
• Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
• Maintains office staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
• Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Supervising and monitoring the work staff
Medical Receptionist / Assistant - Melbourne, Florida
Dr. Donna Johnston Medical Practice
Answers telephone and either responds to inquiry or directs caller to appropriate personnel.
•Schedules appointments and enters appointment date and time into computerized scheduler.
•Conducts reminder calls to all patients.
•Greets and directs patients.
Registers patients by verifying that patient's record is up to date and accurate.
•Makes appropriate changes in computer system and on patient's chart.
•Verifies insurance coverage for planned treatment.
•Solicits referrals from patients.
•Collects payment from patients and reconciles daily cash report.
•Call in patient prescriptions to correct pharmacies
•Request patient records
•Start pre- authorizations
Everest University - Melbourne, Florida
High School Diploma
Palm Bay High School - Melbourne, Florida