832-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org https://github.com/PhillipNguyen1
Education and Training
Bachelor of Science: Computer Science, Minor in Mathematic May 2019 University of Houston
Current GPA is 3.694
Coursework: Design File and Database System Data Science and Machine Learning Algorithm and Data Structures Work Experience
Coding Tutor August 2018 - December 2018
• Participated within an after-school program teaching children the basics of coding such as mathematics and logic.
• Created a unique and enjoyable experience while successfully introducing coding to a group of 8 kids. Academic Projects
• Collaborated with a team of 5 to develop a functional library database with an intuitive front-end design.
• Developed functionalities such as item checkout/check in, item availability, and login validation and security.
• Created using C# with ASP.NET as well as SQL through Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio. Machine Learning Model
• Developed a model using neural networks and random forest to determine the best strategy to win a game of PUBG.
• Model was trained multiple times, using thousands of user data with R. Tower Defense Game
• Worked with a team of 6 to produce an original game using C# within the Unity engine.
• Competed and placed 3rd overall in a local UH game dev. competition.
• Participated within all phases of the design and development process to ensure consistent progress towards the game. Risk Board Game
• Recreated the Risk board game within a group of 3 using java.
• Implemented an array of common design patterns such as the command, singleton, and observer patterns.
• Gained experience with working as a team using tools such as continuous integration and github. Skills
- Member, CougarCS January 2017 – Present
• C++ / C# / Python
• Familiar with Java / SQL / R
• Html / CSS / Bootstrap
• Experienced with git