Tanner Lambert, EIT
Passionate Mechanical Engineering graduate with a hunger to learn, plus a wide array of skills and work experience. Background in prototyping, project management, and machining practices. When presented with a problem, responds with relentless research and a desire to determine the best possible solution.
South Dakota State University Brookings, SD
Warehouse Computer Technician – Sterling Computers – North Sioux City, SD July 2018 – September 2018
• Aided in determining the best way to increase warehouse output.
• Traveled to update and fix computer software and hardware.
• Determined safest and most efficient method of packaging and shipping computer hardware.
Security & Bar-back – 9 Bar and Nightclub – Brookings, SD February 2017 – June 2018
• Ensured safety of customers by de-escalating potentially dangerous situations.
• Communicated with bartenders to confirm they had the supplies they needed to do their jobs.
• Developed methods to increase customer safety and company profitability.
Operations Management Intern – BPI – Dakota City, NE May 2016 – August 2016
• Worked on developing a process to utilize newly installed hardware.
• Researched how successful companies employed similar hardware into their own processes.
• Coordinated with the plant manager and contractors to ensure the project was completed in an efficient and timely manner.
• Attended meetings with programmers to develop software that met all functionality the new process required.
• Applied knowledge of work-flow to minimize movement waste and create work cells.
• Developed concise, easy to follow steps to train employees about their responsibilities within the new process.
Scoreboard Assembler– Daktronics – Brookings, SD
(seasonal) May 2015 – October 2015
• Assembled scoreboards and scoreboard components.
• Troubleshot issues with fabricated metal and electrical components.
• Ensured all discrepancies in documentation were addressed.
Warehouse Employee – Riverside Technologies, Inc., North Sioux City, SD
(seasonal) June 2013 – Sept 2013 & June 2014 – Sept 2014
• Packaged computers and their components.
• Downloaded images onto computers.
• Delivered computers and computer hardware to customers.
Energy Harvesting Shoe Mechanism
Goal: Develop a device for creating and storing usable amounts of energy from walking that could fit within a shoe.
• Extensively researched renewable energy methods. (piezoelectric, solar, thermal, etc.)
• Sought out professional opinion to help develop and assess feasibility of design.
• Modeled and 3D printed prototype device and the housing. Brachiating Robotic Arm
Goal: Develop a robot capable of creating enough momentum to swing within a lattice structure. With the hopes that such a device could allow for safer inspection of infrastructure, reducing risk to human workers. Overview
• Learned about coding and logic using an Arduino controller.
• Researched and implemented techniques for controlling DC motors.
• Utilized manual fabrication techniques as well as CNC machines.
• Worked with teammates to create a timeline and presentation to convince judges of viability. Custom Light Switch Covers
Goal: Model and 3D print custom light switch covers that could help the handicapped and elderly more easily use home light switches.
• Researched and decided on a market that was ripe for innovation.
• Theorized designs for common afflictions.
• Modeled and 3D printed several prototypes for testing.
• Created a presentation to convince judges of practicality. Key Skills
• Experienced in Microsoft Office
• Proficient in Solidworks & Matlab
• Experience with CNC machines
• Experience with 3D printers
• Experience working under time constraints
• Experience helping customers
• Comfortable working as part of a team or alone
• Operations Management Experience
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Excellent work ethic
• Effective leadership skills