Finance professional who leverages her 15+ years of experience in full life cycle accounting and human resource management, with exceptional communication skills, leadership mentality and "knack" to succeed, to foster an environment that yields success for the business, employees and customers. SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
● Financial reporting and analysis
● Month end and year end close
● General accounting and GAAP compliance
● Treasury management
● Budget and variance analysis
● Accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing and payroll
● Recruitment, staffing and employee training / management
● Customer Service
Accounting / Bookkeeping
● Responsible for all general accounting functions, including preparation of journal entries, account analysis and balance sheet reconciliations.
● Revenue recognition working directly with Sales team to secure million dollar deals.
● Maintained integrity of general ledger, including the chart of accounts.
● Managed all treasury aspects for the company cash and investment accounts, including all cash forecasting and approval of cash expenditures.
● Resolved vendor and customer issues.
● Developed and implemented accounts payable, purchasing, payroll, customer service and capital expense policies and procedures for new business unit. Financial Reporting / FP&A
● Prepared accurate and timely consolidated financial reports for presentation to executive team, on a monthly basis.
● Proposed and published metrics and KPIs to be incorporated into the monthly financials.
● Provided timely actuals, forecast and budget variance data for all departments.
● Reviewed collection reports to determine the status of collections and liquid cash.
● Completed and filed required tax returns, including sales and use tax, multiple states.
● Drafted annual audit reports including footnote disclosures.
● Lead for business for all internal and external audits, providing audit binder, supporting backup and necessary follow up with auditors.
● Worked with managers to establish aggressive revenue and expense budgets that were consistent in growing profitability.
● Merger and acquisitions due diligence.
Human Resources / Payroll Management /Customer Service
● Developed innovative new-employee orientation programs, including safety training.
● Acted as liaison between employees and insurance carriers to resolve problems and clarify benefits.
● Represented organization at personnel related hearings and investigations.
● Handled understaffing, disputes, terminating employees and administering disciplinary procedures.
● Updated key human resource metrics, including turnovers and terminations, included in monthly financial reporting.
● Payroll calculations and required federal and state reporting.
● 401K and stock administration.
Leadership / Supervising / Customer Service
● Elected as Chairperson of the Extended Leadership Team by executive management and peers.
● Trained a staff of five people in accounting, most of whom had no previous experience in the field.
● Manager on Duty for 200 room hotel, including direct and sole responsibility for managing full service dining room and lounge, banquet functions, patrons and hotel staff.
● Assumed role of Human Resource manager upon request of CFO, staff of two. TECHNICAL SKILLS
● Microsoft Office proficiency
● Great Plains / FRX Reporting
● ADP and Reportwriter
● Quickbooks and Quickbooks Pro
City of Rochester, New Hampshire 10/2009 - 11/2012 Math Tutor / Long Term Substitute / Safety team member LDT New England Real Estate, LLC 5/2008 – 5/2010
Maptech, Inc. 1/2007 – 2/2008
Accounting Manager / Human Resource Manager / Customer Service Irving Oil 1/2006 – 11/2006
Aprisma Management Technologies, Inc. / Cabletron Inc. 3/1997 – 1/2006
Finance Manager / Interim Human Resource Manager / Customer Service Holiday Inn Beach Resort 6/1992 – 3/1997
Controller / Human Resource Manager/ Customer Service EDUCATION
Bachelor of Science: Business with and Accounting Concentration, 2001 Southern New Hampshire University