Information Technology Project Manager
Visual Basic, Visual C++, SQL Server, Microsoft Access
Automotive Logistics management
Great Plains Administrator
Software Integration and grade
Infor LN ERP support and operation
Business Intelligence Development (Reporting)
Automotive Exchange for Infor LN ERP
EDI Mapping to XML Business Object Documents
Production Process Development
• Overall responsibility for corporate IT. Purchased hardware and software upgrades for all servers and clients, maintained all software licenses, conversion to VM servers, and client hard drive imaging, as well as IT helpdesk, disaster recovery, daily backups, and vendor relationships to facilitate corporate IT goals. Etc.
•Developed disaster recovery plans, differential backups, off site backups, Installation and upgrades of operating systems, and database management systems. Setup triggers and stored procedures to expand ERP system capabilities,
• Supervised the integration of Gentran Director with Microsoft Great Plains to add EDI capability for scheduling and maintenance of customer requirements. The integration allowed the company to reduce the number of customer support staff, saving approximately $100,000/ year.
• Incorporated Crystal Reports viewer into Microsoft Great Plains to expand the reporting capabilities. The most used Crystal Reports became available to every user integrated into the ERP navigation pane, by individual user roles. The Crystal Reports Viewer allows report data to be exported into Microsoft Excel to allow greater data manipulation by individual users, without allowing direct database access.
• ERP/MRP Administration and operation management including upgrades and complete corporate conversion. I utilized knowledge of corporate operations and procedures to smooth transition during the upgrade process, saving production time while allowing the company to continue to meet customer requirements during transition.
• Time Matrix software integration into Microsoft Great Plains for production order reporting. The integration expanded the capabilities of the ERP system to track production orders at every phase, providing up to the minute status reports, ensuring on-time delivery of customer requirements.
• Label Matrix software integration into Microsoft Great Plains and Gentran EDI for dynamic product labeling. Shipping labels produced dynamically based on shipping demands for every customer, every ship-to location, including specific customer required formats. Inventory labels produced automatically for daily shipping and receiving operations, and warehouse stock, including quarterly and end of year inventories.
• Installed new phone systems directing the conversion from a conventional PBX phone system to a VOIP phone system. The conversion required a transition from multiple T1 lines to fiber optic lines for both voice and data.
• Developed physical warehouse system mirroring the digital system to ensure correctness, utilizing cycle counts, and quarterly inventory. Obsolete and inactive material segregated and removed from circulation, optimize physical warehouse space and warehouse value.
• Created several in-house software applications saving the company over $200,000.
a) One such system integrated ID scanning time clocks, visual basic, Crystal Reports with SQL Server to track attendance, and hours worked for production employees.
b) Another integrated digital calipers for measuring products, SQL Server, visual basic, for statistical process control analysis.
c) Emballage requirement calculations based on shipping requirements, container pack quantities by part number and container size, using visual basic, Crystal Reports, and additional database tables updated with triggers.
• Developed over 300 Crystal Reports optimizing Microsoft Great Plains for virtually every business function. All ERP systems collect vast amounts of data to facilitate daily operations. Crystal Reports is excellent for saving time obtaining information from the system.
a)Contract Review combines production path, BOM vs current inventory, component purchase history, sales history, and quote history for every finished good produced, saving the sales team countless hours when quoting or re-quoting products.
b)Component Lot Trace tracks all purchased components for every job for every product ever produced, saving the quality department countless hours of research when a quality issue was discovered at a customer location.
c)Ship Schedule combines every shipment for every customer by shipdate, vs current inventory, vs current production.
EDI Business Analyst 02/2017 – 11/2018
Infor, Ann Arbor, MI
Utilize extensive manufacturing IT experience to analyze EDI communication requirements for all major automotive manufacturers to support supplier development for Infor LN ERP.
IT / Materials / Purchasing / Warehouse Manager 02/2002 – 06/2016
Spiral Industries Inc., Howell, MI
IT Project Manager - Microsoft Great Plains/Dynamics administrator, Database administrator, T1, network, phone system, computer/server construction and maintenance, Outlook email server, SQL Server, Crystal Reports, Web design, data back-up, disaster recovery, software development.
Purchasing / Materials Manager - Manufacturing component procurement, warehouse management. MRP purchase order scheduling and production for just-in-time delivery.
Shipping & Receiving Manager - Schedule trucks for delivery and pick-up, vehicle maintenance, outsource production, packaging and digital labeling, ASN turnaround and transmission.
Customer Service Manager - Customer requirements, just-in-time delivery, EDI coordinator, sales order scheduling and production order scheduling.
Field Service Technician 02/1996 - 02/2002
American Imaging, Howell, MI
On-site Installation and Maintenance of multifunction copiers, printers, fax machines etc.
Sonar Supervisor STG2(SW) 11/1989 - 11/1995
US Navy, San Diego, CA
• Managed a team of 8 Sonar technicians
Bachelor of Science – Computer Information Science
University of Michigan
Naval Training Center-Digital Electronics, CA