Qualifications and Expertise
Senior Software Engineer with Top Secret Security Clearance (inactive) and over ten years of experience in Software Engineering / Quality Testing / Test Automation with different size projects including large, high risk, mission critical, following waterfall and scrum development models. Proven ability to analyze, develop, and implement solutions to complex problems. Demonstrable success in the following areas:
• Critical / Analytical Thinking / Problem Solving / Troubleshooting
• Software / Applications Development / Test Tool Development / Reverse Engineering
• Testing & Test Automation / Technical Leadership
Sr. Software Engineer – Akamai Technologies, San Diego, CA 2016 – Present
Test Automation Engineer
• Design Automate and Support execution of tests for Cloud Based media storage and management using Python and variety of internet technologies and protocols that covered Smoke, Acceptance, Functional, Regression and Performance Testing.
• Create and maintain automated Test Suites using Python, Robot Framework, Selenium and Locust.
• Design, create and maintain test tools and test harnesses for collecting and analyzing test artifacts, and data migration leveraging and applying multiple technologies.
• Support local and remote test teams with troubleshooting, test environment installation and setup, and test tools.
Software Engineer II, - Dell Software, San Diego, CA 2012 – 2015
Test Automation Engineer
• Designed and implemented Python based Test Automation architecture for multiple projects with high degree of code re-usability; designed and created tools for test data maintenance, conversion and transfer. This automation framework supported wide variety of Test Data (File System, Tapes, databases) and Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, Unix).
• Leveraged and applied combination of multiple technologies in test automation for Web Based, Command Line and multiple database applications using Http Request and URLLIB queries, Python, Perl, ODBC, and database SQL queries.
• Provided training and support to a diverse geographically dispersed larger test team. Supported a larger users’ group with test tools, automation and testing methodologies.
• Reported and followed up on software defects.
Software Engineer, Stf. - Lockheed Martin, San Diego, CA 2003 – 2012
Software Test/Test Automation
• Created from scratch and introduced Test Automation Architecture that fully automated complex test procedures running on Linux distributed platforms using Python and shell scripts.
• Developed and maintained tools for manual testing as well as test data generation and maintenance involving complex geodetic math formulas for cartographic display.
• Analyzed requirements/specifications and implementation details. Created test procedures and test data (xml format) for target tracking and data fusion applications. Ran test procedures reporting defects.
• Corrected, maintained and improved test procedures making them maintainable and clear to follow.
• Provided support for the customer involving setup, configuration and troubleshooting of the testing environment.
• Technically led an automation team of four providing design and key component solutions.
• Wrote, implemented, ran and automated embedded software controlling aircraft weapon system.
Software Development with Java
• Coded, maintained and troubleshoot GUI based visual display components for target tracking/sensor data fusion application focused on applying kinematic formulas and geodetic calculations, unit and component testing on Linux platforms.
• Adapted NASA Word Wind Java application to display discrepancies between calculated and actual track paths to evaluate the accuracy of tracking and fusion algorithms.
• Designed, implemented and maintained number of GUI based test tools for test data/test results display, data maintenance/validation, test automation on distributed system using RMI and parallel processing with Java thread technology.
Software Development with C/C++
• Analyzed requirements, specifications, implementation risks and liabilities, design and code modules for target tracking and data fusion application for distributed Linux platforms applying kinematic and geodetic formulas.
Sun Certified Java Programmer
George Washington University – Washington, DC
M.S. – Systems Engineering (2009)
Colorado Technical University – Colorado Springs, CO
B.S. – Computer Science (1999)
Middlesex Community College – Middletown, CT
A.S. – Information Systems (1993)
Summary of Experience
Languages: C/C++ (6 years), Java (10 years+), Python (9 years), Perl (1 year), XML (7 years)
Test Automation: Python, Robot Framework, Locust, Java, Perl, C++, Shell Scripts (10+ years)
Distributed System: CORBA (3 year), RMI (3 years), Cloud Computing (2 years)
Operating Systems: Linux (10 years), Unix(3 years), Windows(10 years+), Mac(3 years)
Version Control: ClearCase (6 years), Perforce (3 years), Git(3 years), Subversion (5 years), others
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Queries (10+ years)
Web Development: HTML(7 years), Java Script (2 years), JSON(2 years), REST (4 years), Selenium (3 years).
Mobile Devices: Android and IOS with Appium Server (1 year).