HERIBERTO (EDDIE) ROMERO
Temecula, CA 760-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org, https://www.linkedin.com/in/heriberto-eddie- romero-b09550115
Area of Key strength includes:
Personnel Development Business Development Event Coordination Technical Expertise Vendor Management Staff Supervision Organizational Planning Customer Account Management Strategic Planning Product Knowledge Development Sales Goals Attainment Sales Cycle Management Sales Presentation Product Demonstration Marketing Strategy Preventative Maintenance Equipment Maintenance Departmental Maintenance POS System Operations EXPERIENCE June 2008 to July 2018
LEGOLAND California Resort Commercial Supervisor – Carlsbad, CA February 2013 to July 2018
• Assigned the tasks of handling marketing, press release campaigns, media relationships and external communication
• Create detailed schedules for 60+ employees to maximize productivity and efficiency
• Worked with technical specialists regarding external resource requirements and product specifications
• Provide excellent customer service to increase customer retention and loyalty
• Devised pricing methodologies and industry strategies through economic and business analysis
• Chosen to manage key accounts within the industry, developing strategic relationships while meeting with executive-level staff to review business updates, strategic initiatives/partnerships, and facility profiles
• Served as the company’s Direct Market Representative for all manufacturers working in my assigned territory.
• Organized channel distribution for all company manufacturers operating in my assigned region.
• Managed integration projects involving our manufacturers’ products, ensuring that the design and project specifications met or exceeded client needs.
• Disseminated company policy and business role changes to clients clearly and effectively. LEGOLAND California Resort Account Payable Specialist – Carlsbad, CA February 2013 to July 2018
• Verifies that invoices, check requests and expense reports have the correct GL account number coding and approvals.
• Assigns GL account coding to invoices that do not come from another internal division/department/manager and obtains proper backup and approval.
• Researches prior/past due balances noted on invoices to determine if prior balances have been paid or not. If not yet paid, contacts appropriate parties to ensure backup is obtained and put through normal review and approval process to ensure outstanding balances are resolved appropriately and timely.
• Verifies construction and development invoices include appropriate lien releases, amounts billed agree to committing documents and the work has been approved by the appropriate construction manager.
• Tracks preliminary lien notifications.
• Matches check stubs with invoices; verifies amounts and ensures remittance addresses match.
• Researches and resolves accounts payable discrepancies, questions and issues to ensure prompt and appropriate payment to vendors/subcontractors.
LEGOLAND California Resort Food and Beverage Area Lead– Carlsbad, CA
• Oversees the procurement, production, preparation, service and sale of food and refreshments for all outlets within assigned units.
• Communicates and promotes Merlin’s culture and values; Provides hands-on leadership and direction department heads and staff.
• Ensures compliance with company standards, client specifications, contractual obligations, and other legal and regulatory compliance requirements.
• Manages the financial performance of the venue through effective control of expenses and through the development, analysis and implementation of budgets, sales plans and forecasts.
• Participates in the recruitment, selection and training processes as needed for assigned unit.
• Identifies and responds to client and customer feedback and assists in escalated situations as necessary. LEGOLAND California Resort Event Sales– Carlsbad, CA February 2013 to July 2018
• Plan and develop Events packages.
• Compose and administer contracts.
• Monitor event activities to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and laws, satisfaction of participants, and resolution of any problems that arise.
• Confer with staff at a chosen event site to coordinate details and inspect event facilities to ensure that they conform to customer requirements.
• Coordinate services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, facilities, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, printing and event security.
• Consult with customers to determine objectives and requirements for events such as meetings, conferences, and weddings.
• Plan and develop programs, agendas, budgets, and services according to customer requirements. LEGOLAND California Resort Retail Supervisor– Carlsbad, CA February 2013 to July 2018
• Manage the day-to-day operation of the retail and photo opportunity areas, ensuring efficiency, safety, and world class customer service for our internal and external customer.
• Meet secondary spend, Key Performance Indicators (KPI), and Mystery Visit targets while controlling labor costs, costs of sale, and other expenses.
• Assist with the implementation of cost control measures in all commercial spend areas, to ensure the maximization of profit at all times.
• Ensure the merchandising and display stock levels meet both brand standards and replenishment are carried out consistently.
• Accountable for monthly and annual inventory control.
• Oversee the timing of the stock orders to maximize key trading periods and factor in the lead times and IP rights involved for LEGO products.
• Adopts an enthusiastic, assertive and passionate approach to guest service, and demonstrates the Merlin Values at every opportunity.
• Manages up to 5-6 direct reports; up to 20+ indirect reports. Works closely with HR to ensure all policies and procedures are followed in accordance with company policy and applicable laws. LEGOLAND California Resort Custodial Operations Area Lead (assistant supervisor) – Carlsbad, CA June 2010 to February 2013
• Controls operational expense, contracted work, and labor according to budget.
• Assists with setting Department Standards as well as maintaining them through MC monitoring, auditing, training and recertification
• Oversees ordering of all supplies and maintains strong working relationships with vendors.
• Oversees preventative and repair maintenance of all equipment.
• Available to audit, recognize and coach employees as needed to ensure Purpose and Role are fulfilled consistently.
• Ensures all restroom, pathways, trash cans, queue lines, ride areas are cleaned daily. LEGOLAND California Resort Lead – Carlsbad, CA July 2008 to June 2010
• Provided friendly and attentive service.
• Executed cashiering and Point of Sale system procedures.
• Handled closing/opening cash handling procedures.
• Displayed enthusiasm and knowledge of the restaurant’s menu and products.
• Trained kitchen staff on proper use of equipment, food handling and portion sizing.
• Ordered and received quality products for the restaurant from outside supply companies in a timely manner.
• Directed activities of 3 or more workers who assisted in preparing and serving meals. EDUCATION
Southern New Hampshire University BA, Small Business Studies - Manchester, NH October 2019 HONORS AND AWARDS
Employee of the Month: 2009, 2012 – 2014
Make Every $ Count: 2014
Employee of the year: 2015
100K Club (recognized for sales): 2015
Safety Ambassador: 2012- 2018