925-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org Concord, CA 94521 https://www.linkedin.com/in/alpeshkpatel/ SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION / CLOUD COMPUTING / MANAGER
Astute, results-focused system administrator and software engineer with extensive experience in computer software and IT management services. Proven success record in designing, developing, implementing, and managing enterprise-wide desktop, web, and cloud-based applications. Specialize in Microsoft development technologies and LINUX architectures. Reputation for solving complex problems with creativity and out-of-the-box solutions. TECHNICIAL APPLICATIONS
Operating Systems Windows, LINUX
Hardware IBM AIX p Series, HP C- Class Blade, VCE Block ERP SAP R/3 and LAWSON
SAS BI 9.1.3 & 92, 94, SAS
Tools – Enterprise Guide, DI
Studio, SAS OLAP Cube
Studio, EM & FS Clients, SAS
Data Flux, SAS Visual
IBM Cognos 8 BI & Planning,
IBM MQSI and MQSeries,
Business Objects Classic
and BOEXI. Crystal Reports
Oracle (SQL*Plus, PL-SQL,
Cardiff Tele Form
Web Servers IIS, iPlanet, Apache/Tomcat, JBOSS, WebSphere Databases Oracle, MS-SQL, IBM DB2, Teradata, BIG Data Tools SQL-Station, Platinum Erwin, Tivoli, Install Shield 5. X PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Kaiser Permanente 2008 to Dec 2018
Solutions Consultant Lead/Manager (SAS Platform Administrator SME for BI Platform)
• High Performance Data Analytics Grid was deployed with high availability across n-tiers of metadata, middle-tier, grid control, grid compute, and batch-submission edge nodes. Built to sustain hardware fault- tolerance with no single point of failure.
• Enabled robust scheduling and workload management capabilities, overcoming resource and application contention challenges in multi-tenant shared platform shared platform environment; deployed utilizing SAS across compute nodes in the cluster.
• Worked across cross-functional teams to orchestrate impactful integration planning and execution. Translate business objectives into execution strategy and successfully executed during GRID Implementation
• Align processes to deliver customer migration from old Legacy system to new GRID system
• Lead Pilot Citrix solution for 200 SAS Desktop client users. Architect and deployed the solution with required storage mapping for each user session
• Demonstrated exemplary resilience and resourcefulness during roll-out and go-live of the platform due to hard stop date on the legacy system, including internal and external collaborations, resource management, incident management, vendor management, planning/budgeting, and day-to-day project delivery
• Work efficiently in both independent and team environments; interacted with Project Managers, Team Members / Associates, Statisticians and Business Analysts.
• Ensure that appropriate system controls are in place to meet change management & compliance requirements.
• Managed IT operations and infrastructure budgets and assets. Partnered with various teams for contracts, vendor negotiations, and bid proposals.
• Created and implemented strategic implementation plan and upgrade paths for the migration of legacy core systems. Successfully completed the two of 4 migrations within project scope and budget.
• Participated in road-shows/cafe to promote and showcase SAS compute platform within company to foster adoption. Held knowledge sharing sessions inviting guest speakers on various topics in UNIX SAS and SAS Visual Analytics.
• Migrated risk of data loss and met compliance requirements at remote sites by leading project to consolidate backups Page 2 of 2
to central location.
• Proactively and effectively managed day-to-day IT support requests and resolution workflow for technical operations issues. Reduced helpdesk service requests by half.
• Coordinated and supervised ongoing technical operations and IT support initiatives for various Business applications implementation projects.
• Working with senior management to define and strategize Product road map for effectively using BI Application and maintaining its currency for Business use.
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with key business partners
• Enable SAS92/94 installation and configuration. Develop strategy for user migration to SAS94 environment. Design and create Desktop Client Packages for end user usage based on company policy and standards
• Balanced workload requirements across data science, actuarial, risk and global claim organizations, utilizing Platform Suite (LSF), delivering on-time with very tight deadlines
• Experience managing Contractor team in support and day to day Operations of SAS Platform. Accomplished upgrade of SAS913 to SAS92 & SAS92 to SAS94 on AIX Platform.
• Conduct monthly maintenance to the environment by applying required hot fixes, configuration changes, etc.
• Contribute to the fulfillment of technical projects, including technical computer security issues, policies, and procedures at the network and host level.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Partnered in design of systems monitoring metrics for SAS Analytical Platform as part of Health 360 project; Directed initiative to improve the stability of the platform by integrating server monitoring.
• Conduct weekly and monthly reviews for the project status, operations review, etc.
• Key contributor in setting up multiple SAS environments [DEV, QA, PROD; Generated documentation for Naming Standards and SAS code promotions within various environments.
• Enabled SAS/ACCESS Products part of Enterprise Licensing for Oracle, MS SQL, Sybase, DB2, Teradata and PC File Servers.
• Collaborated with cross-functional teams spanning desktop engineering, Infrastructure Management group to define business requirements for reporting tools such as SAS GRID Project.
• Assist in the development of a system to Intake, track and manage in-take requests; Take initiative to improve customer engagement process.
• Managed surveys and feedbacks received for customers to address problem areas and maximize customer satisfaction.
Kaiser Permanente 1999 to 2008
Senior Systems Engineer/System Analyst
• Support and Administration of HSD 950 Diamond used for Claims processing.
• Support data and process migration between internal systems, cross platform authentications, and application deployment
• Installed and Administered OCR Cardiff Software on the NT server.
• Upgraded File NET software on UNIX.
• Writing WinRunner Scripts for the data load of Perot Diamond Client.
• Upgraded Business Objects 4.x to 5.0.
• FileNet IDM Desktop and IS Administration as well as Web Server Application.
• Active Directory Setup and Configure for a small lab environment in testing of new Siemens Product.
• MQSI and MQSeries Install, Configure and Administer. Environments were either project specific or on shared infrastructure. Created a Standards document for hosting of a MQ environment [Queue Manager, queues, channels.
• Spearheaded HIPAA-compliant IT security systems, a full-service desk environment following ITIL best practices and a change management system with CAB authorization procedures EDUCATION
Karnataka University Dharwad
Bachelor of Engineering, Computer Science