Dr. Richard Jay
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +1-215-***-****
Dr. Richard Jay is surgeon of Complex Foot and Ankle Surgery, Director of Medical Affairs, Device Design Consultant, and Industry Education Expert
• Over 35 years of active Foot and Ankle Orthopedic surgical practice
• Director of Medical Affairs for the trauma division of Stryker
• Hands-on Advisor and Patent Developer for Consumer & Surgical Device Design
• Active Journal Editor/Contributor, Education Text Author, & International Lecturer
• Healthcare Education Consultancy Founder of eMedtrain Full Curriculum Vitae and bibliography available upon request Experience
Director of Medical Affairs Jun 2016 - Present
As the Director of Medical Affairs, I am responsible for the planning and execution of all clinical evaluations and assessments for the trauma and extremity division of Stryker, a Fortune 500 medical technologies firm.
• Medical expert for all post-market surveillance plans for all foot and ankle products
• Medical/clinical expert for the evaluation of product-related reports
• Clinical expert, advisor and consultant to the product developers/engineering teams during the product development phase
• Responsible for Clinical Evaluation Reports, Clinical Evaluation Plans, MDD's, FDA response, MEDDEV filings for CE devices.
Foot and Ankle Surgeon Jan 1984 - Present
Penn Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Health System Private Practice at Pennsylvania Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. Surgical Consultant in Reconstructive Foot and Ankle Surgery.
Professor - Foot and Ankle Orthopedics 1978 - Present Temple Health – Temple University Health System
• Professor of Pediatric Foot and Ankle Orthopedics
• Birth through development
• Infancy through Toddler
• Childhood and Teenage
• Lower Extremity Deformities Orthopedics and Surgery
• Full Curriculum Vitae available upon request
President, CEO Jul 1999 - Present
• Founded in 1999, eMedtrain has created a new paradigm for delivering comprehensive, reliable and engaging information that educates and trains healthcare professionals in areas such as disease treatments and diagnosis, surgical techniques, pharmaceuticals and surgical devices. Courses are custom designed are eligible for online CME credits for medical professionals.
Consultant Mar 2015 - Jun 2016
• Provide in-person consultations with other physicians to provide insight regarding the services and related product concepts under consideration by Stryker Orthopaedics.
• Host visiting physicians and Stryker Orthopaedics’ personnel in operating rooms to facilitate:
- Surgical case reviews (both radiographic and clinical),
- Templating and sawbone demonstrations
- Radiographic review of visiting physician cases
- Review and discussion of physicians' clinical experience with Stryker Orthopaedics’ products
• Present and review clinical experience at regional and/or national scientific and sales meetings
• Traveled, as needed, to discuss clinical experience at small group meetings, including Hospital Grand Rounds at an array of institutions and practice environments Chief - Foot and Ankle Surgery Sep 2004 - Dec 2015 Regional Medical Center - SJHS
• Served as the Chairman of Foot and Ankle Surgical Education
• Oversaw the training of the Foot and Ankle surgical residents and all in-house functions Medical Advisor for Design and Development Aug 2011 - Aug 2014 Nextremity Solutions, Inc.
• Reviewed current tissue forms and provide design review for enhancements
• Assisted in Product Development and Marketing personnel in the creation of new tissue forms, instrumentation and products to treat bone and soft tissue repair and/or reconstruction in foot and ankle procedures
• Reviewed mechanical, animal and clinical study protocols
• Reviewed and edit of Sales Force Training Material and Marketing Deliverables
• Consulted on pre-clinical animal study and clinical pilot study associated with these tissue forms and products
• Represented Nextremity for podium, lecture, poster presentation, and cadaver workshop opportunities Medical Director Jun 2009 - Mar 2014
Liventa Bioscience (formerly AfCell - Amnio)
• Developed clinical training program for surgeons, sales personnel and hospitals focusing on the clinical characteristics and application of the product.
• Created and compiled a portfolio of clinical study papers, publications and documentation to provide to clinicians, insurance companies, hospitals, FDA, and CMS.
• Developed surgeon “Think Tank” program inspiring surgeons who use the product to invent novel shapes, sizes and other physical characteristics leading to patentable ideas
• Contributed and led efforts to evaluate and identify allograft birth tissue configurations which can optimize protection of tissues for OB/GYN, extremities, GI, burns and spine procedures
• Provided surgical opinion leaders and candidates for clinical studies of birth tissue allografts for OB/GYN, extremities, GI, burns and spine procedures
• Participated in the design and execution of clinical studies regarding the use of allograft birth tissues for OB/GYN, extremities, GI, burns and spine procedures
Temple University 1972 - 1976
Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine Foot and Ankle Surgery
California University of Pennsylvania 1969 - 1971
Biochemistry Masters Program
Bethany College 1964 - 1969
Bachelor of Science (BS), Biochemistry
Orthopedic • Medical Devices • Surgery • Medical Education • Clinical Research Certifications
Diplomat Board Certified - Foot and Ankle Surgery - Ankle/Rearfoot/Forefoot • American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
#552 • Jul 1980 - Present
Fellow American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons FACFAS • American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
Jul 1980 - Present
Fellow - FACFAO • American College of Foot and Ankle Orthopedics Jul 1980 - Present
Fellow - FACFAP • American College of Foot and Ankle Pediatrics Jul 1981 - Present
Honors & Awards
Temple University Alumni Fellow • Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine
"In recognition of distinguished professional contributions and in appreciation of the honor those accomplishments have reflected upon the University."