Roswell, Georgia 30075 www.linkedin.com/in/rickbell1/ email@example.com SUMMARY:
Accomplished financial executive with a proven track record building and operating leading-edge companies. Exceptional business planning and development skills, strong market assessment abilities, effective product management and operational skills with a demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of management. Key strengths include a strong accounting and financial aptitude with a driven focus towards overall financial objectives. Exemplifies high degree of integrity, positive attitude and exceptional communication skills. BROAD CAPABILITIES:
• P&L Management
• Strategic Planning
• Private Equity Fund Raising
• Debt Financing
• Financial Planning and Analysis
• Forecasting, Budgeting, Modeling
• Acquisitions, Due Diligence, Integration
• Financial Reporting – Internal & External
• Operational Reporting-Metrics & KPIs
• Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Treasury – Cash Management
• Board Presentations
• Goal Based Incentive Plans
• Global Business Experience
DEEP FIBER SOLUTIONS - Sole U.S. provider of coax to fiber conversion services 2013 to Present Co-Founder / Chief Financial Officer / SVP Finance & Administration, Roswell, GA. Recruited to be the CFO of start up company offering a patented network technology service to upgrade coaxial cables to fiber optic for the cable television industry’s largest companies. Responsibilities include management of all financial aspects of the business including strategic and financial planning, debt & equity financing, financial and operational reporting, financial modeling, accounts receivable/payable. Supervise administrative functions including human resources, information technology, insurance, real estate and facilities.
• Raised $29m of equity in four rounds with multiple investors and $4m of bank debt financing.
• Created hiring and pay practices, negotiated for a full range of insurance coverage and sophisticated employee benefits, selected a payroll provider and put in place other critical administrative plans for the start-up company.
LEVEL 3 COMMUNICATIONS – Leading global telecommunications provider 2010 to 2013 Vice President – Financial Process Innovation, Broomfield, CO. Prioritized, developed, implemented and measured enterprise-wide process improvement initiatives. Directed and managed team of 30 lean, six-sigma certified process improvement professionals. Major accomplishments included:
• Directed process improvement efforts for ERP, trouble ticketing, inventory and workflow initiatives.
• Created, implemented and managed enterprise governance process across entire organization.
• Led the development of Company’s customer experience and change management strategy.
• Revamped the business intelligence platform to produce management-level operational reporting. GMC TV – Digital cable television’s nationwide “inspirational” network 2006 to 2009 Vice President – Finance & Administration, Atlanta, GA. Reported to the CEO of a cable television network offering music videos, concerts, interviews including original and acquired programming. Established the Company’s strategic and financial direction, managed finance and accounting functions, created Board meeting presentations, managed investor relations with private equity firm and other investors, fulfilled commercial real estate requirements, oversaw human resources function and managed on-going operational support of advertising sales, television programming, production and digital media. RICK BELL (cont’d)
CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS – One of the largest U.S. broadband services companies 2003 to 2006 Vice President – Fiscal Operations, Alpharetta, GA. Responsibilities included the management and support of financial operations throughout the southeast division totaling 2 million residential subscribers, $2 billion in revenues and $300m in capital expenditures. Included partnering with and supporting functional areas to drive improved performance on top line revenue growth, operating metrics and expense efficiencies including capital investment opportunities.
• Effectively partnered with General Managers and functional leaders to achieve the highest revenue and EBITDA growth rates to become Company’s largest and most successful division.
• Successfully managed and changed financial culture in this “turn-around” operating environment by establishing routine operating reviews and managing to budget/forecast expectations. COX COMMUNICATIONS – One of America’s largest broadband services companies 2001 to 2003 Director, Business Operations, Atlanta, GA. $200m nationwide commercial broadband services division. Partnered and proactively managed all financial aspects for 8 markets totaling $100m in revenues and $40m in capital expenditures. Responsibilities included reporting and analysis of financial and operational performance measures, acted as liaison between headquarters and field operations, served as field point of contact for deployment of key operational initiatives and developed/implemented standardized policies and procedures to ensure positive financial and operational results. URBAN MEDIA COMMUNICATIONS – Offered broadband services to office buildings 1999 to 2001 Director, Business Operations, Atlanta, GA. Silicon Valley based start-up offered commercial broadband services in multi-tenant office buildings nationwide. Developed the Company’s strategic business plans used to present financial/operational requirements to venture capital firms such as SOFTBANK, Accel and others in the investment community. Project managed the deployment and all operational aspects of connecting office buildings and customers to the network. Raised $115m of equity and $32m of debt financing to fund deployment of network architecture and implement operational support systems and on-going corporate and field operations.
SPRINT CORPORATION (PCS Division) – One of the nation’s largest wireless providers 1996 to 1999 Senior Manager, Financial Operations, Atlanta, GA, Nashville, TN. Responsible for P&L budgeting and forecasting, performance measurement and analysis, decision modeling and support, business policies and procedures and financial controls for all channels and functional areas of the wireless business. Successfully launched nine CDMA wireless markets covering a total population of 16 million, on schedule and under budget.
Senior Financial Analyst – Developed and implemented business plans and strategies for competitive access and other local telecommunication services.
Financial Analyst - Coordinated, developed and reported operational and capital budgets for 23 field locations totaling $750 million.
Bachelor of Science – Finance, 1990 Masters of Business Administration, 1995 George Mason University, Fairfax, VA Mercer University, Atlanta, GA AWARDS/ACTIVITIES:
• Nominated for the Atlanta Business Chronicle’s 2009 CFO of the Year
• Adjunct Professor at Georgia State University teaching Corporate Finance
• Chairman of Budget Planning Committee at Johnson Ferry Church