GARY M. ANOLIK
Tax and Accounting Professional
Clifton, NJ 07013
M.S. Taxation with many years’ experience in accounting, concentrating in tax accounting in the utilities sector. Managed the budgeting and asset management system for a nationwide network of 40 utility and non-utility companies. Skilled at applying new laws advantageously to ensure ongoing financial strength. Leader of teams designed to adapt to new technology and laws. Strong financial, analytical and problem-solving skills.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
●Budget and Forecasting System Automation
●Mergers and Acquisitions Tax Accounting
●Tax Laws Analysis Financial Reporting
●Asset Management Due Diligence
●Audits Staff Management
● Filed consolidated federal tax returns and ensured proper tax accounting.
● Created and oversaw the overall tax budget of more than $20 million, managing it monthly for the 40 utility and non-utility companies in the nationwide system.
● Reduced the company’s state tax liability by initiating combinations in unitary and combined states.
● Managed the group’s tax fixed asset system exceeding $1 Billion.
● Implemented the company’s FAS 109, ASC 740 accounting practices.
Solvay, Inc., Princeton, NJ
Interim Position Tax Accountant
●Responsible for the tax provision, tax filings and other taxes for 4 subsidiaries of Solvay, Inc.
Gary M. Anolik
SUEZ Water, Inc. (formerly United Water Resources, Inc.) Paramus, NJ 1987-2018
Director of Taxes
● Managed the tax department of 6-8 members; managed the tax/accounting functions including the assignment of personnel and interaction with other departments.
● Created and oversaw the overall tax budget of more than $20 million managing it for each of the 40 utility and non-utility companies in the nationwide system.
● Managed the automation of the tax preparation system. Installed the One Source tax return, provision and indirect tax systems.
● Filed consolidated Federal tax return for multi-million-dollar affiliated group. The tax return has not had an audit adjustment in 20 years.
● Implemented the company’s FAS 109, ASC 740 deferred taxes and regulatory assets.
● Implemented and computed the effects of tax law changes including the BEAT, GILTI income and corresponding FDII deduction.
● Reduced the AMT tax by up to 30% by using special credits, tracked the use of Net Operating Losses and Alternative Minimum Tax Credits using the consolidated return regulations.
● Oversaw the budgeted forecast for the company including financial forecast and cash forecast.
● Served as the point tax person in evaluating acquisitions. Worked on internal rate of return models. Worked up pro forma financial statements and tax returns to forecast future earnings and cash flow analysis.
● Managed the filing of over 100 State tax returns. This included filing unitary and separate tax returns. The process included creating a calendar for tax filings and estimates for quarterly tax payments.
● Computed and managed the financial tax provisions and tax notes for certified financial statements. This function included computing current and deferred taxes under FAS 109, ASC 740. Interacted with auditors and provided work papers to support tax numbers.
● Managed the group’s Tax Fixed Asset system exceeding $1 Billion, including applying bonus depreciation and tangible property regulations. Created reconciliations that identified all book to tax differences.
● Managed both Federal and State tax audits, including both income and non-income tax results resulting in immaterial changes in the past 20 years in both sales tax and income tax audits.
Gary M. Anolik
● Created a sales and use tax system that analyzes and reconciles tax accounts. The process interfaces with the Accounts Payable system and thousands of transactions are reviewed with the proper tax treatment verified.
● Served on the Company’s diversity committee.
Fairleigh Dickinson University 1994-2004
● Instructor in the MS in Taxation program.
● Instructor in the undergraduate accounting, finance and taxation programs.
Buck Consultants Inc., Secaucus, NJ 1985-1987
● Prepared consolidated tax return; taking an accrual basis accounting system and filing on a cash basis
● Researched tax issues and advised management on changes.
Automatic Data Processing, Roseland, NJ 1983-1985
● Worked in the Internal Audit Department and Tax Departments.
● Worked in the preparation of the Federal Consolidated Tax Return and
State tax returns.
● Developed accounting systems for newly acquired companies.
Stephen P. Radics and Company, CPA’s, Haledon, NJ 1980-1983
● Worked in Audit, Accounting and Tax Departments.
● Manager in charge of controlling and budgeting audits.
● Preparation of both corporate and personal tax returns.
M.S. Taxation, Fairleigh Dickinson University, Teaneck and Madison, NJ
- with honors
B.S. Accounting, William Paterson University, Wayne, NJ 1979 - Cum Laude
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Passed CPA exam – 1982 (inactive)
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT AND VOLUNTEERISM
Former Treasurer of Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation of Northern New Jersey