A D I T Y A D H A G E
682-***-**** email@example.com TEXAS, USA https://www.linkedin.com/in/adityashankardhage/
-Looking to streamline company’s product for successful implementation using my expertise and knowledge in lean manufacturing and continuous improvement -
E D U C A T I O N
MS, Industrial Engineering University of Texas at Arlington, Texas Dec 2018
• Courses: Production & Inventory Control, Facility Planning, Quality Systems, Metrics & Measurement BE, Instrumentation Engineering University of Mumbai, India May 2015
• Courses: Batch Process Automation, Power Plant Instrumentation, Control System Components, Feedback Control Systems Certification:
• Six Sigma Green Belt Certification – IISE – License No: 2560 - 17889 Mar 2017 Key Professional Skills: Six Sigma (DMAIC), Lean Manufacturing, Process Improvement, Statistical Process Control (SPC), AutoCAD, MS Project, Minitab, 5 Why’s, Fishbone, 5S, Kanban, Kaizen, Continuous Improvement, Facility Layout Design, Line Balancing, VSM, Quality Control, Root Cause Analysis, Bill of Materials (BOM), ERP,M3, Inventory Control Management, SOP, Strategic Planning, Project Management, PDCA, TPM, Warehouse Management, PLC, Supply Chain Management, MRP, Advanced Excel (Pivot Table, VLOOKUP), P&ID, CAPA, 8D, DOE, Ansys, Solid works, ICE pack, PPAP, APQP, MSA, FMEAs, IMDS, PRR E X P E R I E N C E
Industrial Engineer Intern Brunswick – Sea Ray Boats, Flagler, FL June 2018 – Aug 2018
• Reported and documented time studies, cycle time charts. Reducing cycle time by identifying non -value activities in the process.
• Improved facility layout of the router building by suggesting specific design change through Auto-Cad drawings, PMT’s – MOST, material flow sequence, Therbligs – 17 basic motion elements.
• Worked towards continuous improvements by using Lean principles- PDSA, waste reduction, Just in time production.
• Created Value Stream Maps for Fabrication and Mill Shop Departments to identify opportunities for improvement. Made potential saving up to US$ 10,000.
• Developing work instructions in form of SOP’s for workers/ technicians. EAF (Engineering Assessments Forms) submissions to suggest necessary changes/ modifications for an activity, further reported to managers for approval.
• Developed quality control unit for material acceptance in the warehouse by setting up work instructions.
• Reduce cost and optimize process for lamination Dept. Open mould, close mould and infusion process resulting $20000 cost saving. Industrial Engineer Intern Ravi’s Import Warehouse, Dallas, TX Feb 2018 – June 2018
• Reduced shipping costs and customer lead times by negotiating pricing, strategic scheduling and coordinating with different shipping carriers to ensure accurate and timely delivery of customer orders.
• Applied lean principles & KANBAN system to improve the material flow process for NCD Department. Incorporated 5S for improving overall workplace efficiency, resulted in reduced inventory by 50%.
• Utilized ERP software (Windward) and advanced Excel functions like V-Lookup, index-match, pivot table and charts for data analysis.
• Created and analyzed process maps to identify and eliminate non-value-added activities in order pulling/ picking process.
• Created wave picking instructions using WMS and performed audits before dispatching shipments. Process Engineering Co-op program Foods & Inns Ltd, India June 2015- Jun 2016
• Studied the processes involved in manufacturing the product by implementing process mapping, time study and value stream mapping.
• Worked towards lean principles by implementing 5S, reduce waste and improve shop floor operations.
• Used excel tool for data analysis, production yield and understand lot closing operations for inventory management.
• Worked according to Food Safety and Quality to ensure all components and process systems capable of producing and sustaining safe and stable products. Monthly reports on health, sanitation and hygiene practices for workers and making them integral part of the process.
• Monitored quality of the product at critical activities such as pasteurizations, cooling, and packaging processes in terms of KPI’s for continuous improvement.
Trainee Intern Reliance Energy, Dahanu, India June 2014- July 2014
• Completed one-month training program with Reliance Energy to understand different process monitoring systems, maintenance procedures and troubleshooting techniques for boilers, furnaces, coal feeder and turbines.
• Studied different field instruments focused towards power plant instrumentation such as pressure gauges, thermocouples, actuators, control valves, etc. used in plant.
A C A D E M I C P R O J E C T S
DMAIC approach to resolve Samsung Note 7 Battery Explosion Problem (University of Texas at Arlington) - Implemented DMAIC approach to identify and provide solution to eliminate battery explosion problem. Quality Enterprise Systems – Three Wheeled trolley (University of Texas at Arlington) - Analyzed Customer Quality complaints to identify key areas of improvement using Pareto Charts, RCA & PDCA to eliminate the top three quality complaints. Redesigned Facility Layout to reduce Material handling cost (University of Texas at Arlington)- Pro-planner and AutoCAD to reduce the material handling costs by 11. 31%.
Electronic Packaging (UT ARLINGTON): Modeling, Design and heat analysis on BGA package using Ansys, Solid-work and ICE pack. Auto-switching power supply switches to provide uninterrupted electricity at Hospitals (University of Mumbai) - Created a prototype to demonstrate the switching of power supply to alternate sources in response to failure of regular power supply for Hospitals.