Safety-conscious Permit to Work (PtW) Coordinator and Project Focal Point with extensive success managing onshore / offshore oil and gas/Fabric maintenance projects (including chemical and semi-submersible programmes). Offers diverse construction experience in oil and gas exploration and production, including on-board a floating production storage and offloading (FPSO) facility; willing to relocate globally:
Enhanced performance of large multinational teams via training management; confidently delivered engaging presentations for all staff as Training Coordinator.
Maintained meticulous levels of attention to detail while auditing PtW procedure implementation to ensure compliance with Health and Safety Management Systems (HSE).
Rapidly progressed to leadership roles in recognition of performance excellence, including recent success as CoW Permit Coordinator for a multi-billion-pound investment at BP and earlier career highlights being appointed Manager of a fabric maintenance and construction project within just one week.
Committed towards personal development; completed multiple certifications with leading training provider to the global oil and gas industry, Mintra.
Minimised and mitigated risks and incidents having chaired team meetings, delivered toolbox talks, promoted knowledge sharing and facilitated best practice implementation. CORE COMPETENCIES
BP (BRITISH PETROLEUM) 2016-Present
Control of Work (CoW) Permit Coordinator, Clair Ridge Hook-Up Project Engage and collaborate with PtW sub-contractors while scrutinising and implementing quality control procedures through regular spot-checking and provision of constructive feedback to personnel. Perform site tours to monitor Work Control Certificate (WCC) application, coordinate ICC audits and present toolbox talks (TBT) with ongoing status reporting. Key issuing authority, including: issuing of permits, people assessment, checklist creation and provision of supporting documentation. Key achievements
• Implemented continuous improvements to existing standards and procedures, culminating in consistent Health and Safety regulatory compliance.
• Facilitated the timely completion of ad-hoc administration, including maintenance of an accurate permit register; archived CoW documents to ensure effective information retention and retrieval.
• Enhanced site efficiency having led on-site visits and walkabouts while completing audits to ensure compliance.
• Created and implemented robust PtW procedure and management systems based on comprehensive risk assessments.
• Reduced staff attrition via effective up-skilling and training in testing, isolations, mechanical and electrical ICC processes; devised and delivered computer-based training.
CAPE INDUSTRIAL SERVICES 2000-2016
Appointed to enhance scaffolding inspection standards by identifying and introducing complex methods implemented on the Clair Ridge Hook-Up project; progressed through a number of leadership roles to Permit Coordinator, overseeing onshore and
• Gas Testing
• Health and Safety
• Incident Reporting
• Method Statements
• Toolbox Talks
• Audit and Compliance Monitoring
• Project Scoping / Management
• Scaffolding Design / Inspection
• Working at Heights / Confined Spaces
• Stakeholder Engagement
• Staff Leadership
• Efficiency Enhancement
• Administrative Controls
• Risk Mitigation
• Training Delivery
offshore projects, including BP Magnus MLXP - a complex brownfield major project completed within one the UK's harshest operating environments.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE continued
Offshore Permit Coordinator 2014-2016
Collaborated with on/offshore teams to define project objectives and achieve deliverables in Health and Safety, scheduling and quality assurance; worked alongside PtW sub-contractors to monitor and review activities against established Integrated Safe System of Work (ISSOW) platform management systems. Key achievements
• Consistently achieved key project milestones and deliverables by creating and implementing PtW procedures and devising computer-based training for delivery to multicultural teams.
• Author of detailed work packs outlining individual activities for project construction phases and maintenance activities.
• Identified training courses for offshore personnel prior to mobilisation, including: ISSOW, Health and Safety, risk assessment and quality control.
• Reduced accident rates and improved scaffolding Health and Safety standards having secured buy-in from key operational stakeholders and senior management relating to scaffolding Health and Safety and inspection.
• Implemented risk management procedures across entire Clair Ridge Hook-Up project. Onshore Focal Point, Construction Project 2013-2014
• Coordinated logistics and planned crew changes within this office-based role; promptly resolved issues affecting project schedules.
Scaffold Supervisor 2000-2013
• Introduced strict Health and Safety protocol to multi-skilled staff through TBTs, risk assessments and method statements.
• Led offshore projects in the North Sea and Scandinavia, involving oversight of daily team activities and all staff.
• Delegated and presented toolbox talks to offshore scaffolders; conducted risk assessments and permit audits while producing safety briefs and creating lift plans.
• Contributed to safety meetings to ensure compliance with client and engineering standards when dismantling complex scaffolding.
EARLY CAREER SUMMARY
Rig Blast Energy Services Offshore Superintendent 1992-2000 Salamis Marine Offshore Scaffold Coordinator 1989-1992 SGB Scaffolding Scaffolder Trainee Apprenticeship / Chargehand 1984-1989 TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
• Authorised Gas Tester (Levels One and Two) Gas Testing for Confined Space / Hot Work
• Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) Advanced Scaffolding (CICRS)
• Fall Arrest Equipment Certificate and Handling Dangerous Goods
• Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS) Awareness
• Integrated Safe System of Work (ISSOW Parts One and Two) PA Competency AAD AA
• IOSH Managing Safely (Industry Occupational Safety and Health)
• ISSOW PA Control of Work / Performing Authority Software
• Level Two Risk Assessor
• Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER)
• Manual Handling
• Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials (NORM) Awareness
• Nitrogen Awareness
• Offshore Medical and Survival
• Prefabricated Access Suppliers and Manufacturers Association (PASMA)
• Upstream HITRA Level Two TRA
• Working at Heights