LAWRENCE M. MANZO
**** ***** ***** ***** ****, MI 48083
Sales Representative ● Account Manager ● Relationship Builder
Dynamic career reflecting record-breaking achievements in automotive, medical device, electronic and commercial sales. Consistently driving sales through product knowledge and hard work ethic. Proven track record of quota achievement, new business growth and development of accounts through industry expertise and strong strategic partnerships.
● Expert in identifying new business opportunities through education and knowledge of existing markets.
● Outstanding success in building and maintaining relationships with key corporate decision makers.
● Exceptionally well organized with a proven record that demonstrates self-motivation, creativity, and
initiative to achieve both corporate as well as personal goals.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
● Bachelor of Science; 1992. Major: Packaging Engineering Minor: Business
● Sandler Sales President’s Club Member, Gerry Weinberg & Associates Sales Training graduate.
Global Account Manager–Stanley Engineered Fastening, Div. of Stanley Black & Decker (Jan 2018-Pres.)
Responsible for protecting, strengthening and expanding strategic account relationships at core global customers within the Global Electronics Group. Lead overall global account planning activities, manage profitability, and follow through on organic growth initiatives. Specific focus on existing high technology electronics accounts and expanding automotive electronics business. Frequent travel within North America, Asia and Europe in support of existing and prospective accounts.
Sales Account Manager - Marshall Sales Inc./Aluminum Supply Co.-Detroit, MI (July 2015 – Jan 2018)
Responsible for sales growth of all products for a Michigan based distributor of fasteners, rivets, cutting and grinding tools, abrasives and aluminum products. Sole outside sales representative servicing automotive, aerospace, construction and all other applicable industries.
Medical Device Consultant – Depuy Synthes Spine, Co. of Johnson & Johnson - (June 2009 – July 2015)
Responsible for growing and maintaining sales of entire portfolio of surgical spine implants and biologics to orthopedic and neuro-spine surgeons. Worked alongside surgeons, scrub technicians, anesthesiologists, neuro-monitoring and nursing staff in the operating room to ensure proper use of products. Negotiated complex pricing and contractual agreements to implement and secure business. Provided educational training and resources for clinical staff on surgical technique and use of implants and instrumentation. Consistent year after year penetration and growth in tough economic and political setting. Territory encompassed all hospitals in southeast Michigan with exposure and surgical case support over the entire state of Michigan. Main responsibility was the Detroit Medical Center spine trauma, Henry Ford Health System and daily surgical coverage at multiple hospital operating rooms.
● Rookie of the Year runner up based on sales dollars and % growth – 2009
● Ranked 10th out of 402 Consultants nationally in % Growth - 2010
● Ranked 1st in Great Lakes Region at 197% to Quota – 2010
● Ranked 2nd in Region at 145% to Quota - 2011
● Coordinated and conducted 12 cadaver lab training courses
● Staffed 6 Operating Room Personnel Continuing Education courses
Technical Sales Engineer - Fuchs Lubricants Co. Troy, MI – (Oct 2008 – June 2009)
Managed a $1.5 million territory for metalworking lubricants, coolants and greases. Established trust and built rapport
with existing customers to ensure business retention. Identified target prospects with takeover potential within a volatile petroleum market. Created and executed customer presentations showing value added results for new metal
cutting and stamping lubricant business.
● Repaired customer dissatisfaction and retained key account business from previous poor representation.
● Established position of value added products with 3 high profile customers and implemented product trials
and obtained $500,000 in new business.
Senior Sales Engineer - Tinnerman Palnut Inc., Southfield, MI- (April 2005 – Oct 2008)
Responsible for the sales growth of automotive tier sales customers. Successfully managed a $10 million metal fastener and stampings territory with 15% growth annually. Key player in the development of new parts and new applications within organization.
● Led several competitive teardown initiatives of strategic parts for takeover opportunities worth
$1,000,000 in new sales.
● Successfully introduced and implemented new product capabilities from 2 new corporate acquisitions to
prospective customer applications worth $300,000 in new business.
● Managed high profile competitive market tests including, production capabilities and costing proposals.
Sales Account Manager - Summit Polymers, Inc., Dearborn, MI (August 2004 – April 2005)
Responsible for account growth from inception to launch for all plastic injection molded parts. Customers included
DaimlerChrysler, Lear and Collins & Aikman. Job functions included maintaining and improving customer relationships to
obtain new business as well as defending against loss of current business. Strict involvement in identification,
evaluation and development of customer contacts and product needs. Also conducted sales forecasting and strategic recommendations.
Account Manager-Chrysler- Illinois Tool Works, Inc. CIP Division – Troy, MI (July 1999 – Aug 2004)
Identified, pursued and closed automotive fastener and stampings business with 20% year over year growth. Built extensive relationships with high-level decision makers to implement and secure business for the life of all programs. Worked closely with Chrysler Fastener Engineering and Purchasing groups in best practices for attachments.
● Successfully obtained Chrysler Stamping Deck approval to enable opportunities to quote and
obtain new tapping/nut plate business.
● Reached yearly MCM cost reduction goals set forth by Chrysler purchasing annually.
Sales Representative - Manhattan Container, Warren, MI (July 1997 – July 1999)
Responsible for soliciting and obtaining new corrugated and chipboard packaging business. Experience in identifying prospects through research and solicitation. Utilized CAD software/cutting table to create winning designs.
● Instrumental in implementation of company’s first computer design software and corrugated sample
● Designed and sold company’s first point-of-purchase display business for National In-Store Display.
Packaging Quality Engineer - Helene Curtis Inc, Chicago, IL (July 1995 – July 1997)
Educated and supported internal departments and outside suppliers regarding polyurethane containers and silkscreen printing for all personal care products. Conducted supplier audits and managed quality certifications.
Packaging Engineer/Lab Manager - Sealed Air Corporation, Hodgkins, IL (Aug 1992 – July 1995)
Designed packaging solutions for the largest protective packaging company in North America. Worked closely with sales personnel in developing sample designs and conducting customer presentations.
Pi Kappa Phi National Fraternity – House Manager
Hockey Player for over 40 years
Golfer, hunter, fisherman and boater
Experienced traveler and movie aficionado