* E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
A skilled professional with extensive experience in automotive engineering. A proven track record in the development and implementation of industry design, engineering, and release protocols. A strong advocate for maintaining a focus on continuous improvement opportunities throughout the product life-cycle. All supported by effective communication and team initiatives. Displaced by the recent General Motors downsizing; now seeking to bring my experience to a new opportunity.
10/13-2/19 General Motors; Warren, MI Exhaust Design Release Engineer
•Designed and released exhaust assemblies, brackets, rubber hangers, DPS line assemblies using TeamCenter and VisMock Up.
•Created engineering work orders for approval of changes to parts
•Created and reviewed DFMEA/PFMEA/DRBFM for responsible parts
•Led meetings with component suppliers
•Managed program timing to meet milestones
•Ensured exhaust tuning activities met program timing
•Worked with engineers of mating components to ensure successful vehicle integration
•Worked with assembly plants to ensure components met assembly requirements
•Tracked and reported program warranty and led improvement activities
•Worked to reduce costs without sacrificing vehicle quality
•Bench marked competitive exhaust systems
•Launched segment's 1st mid-size truck diesel exhaust system (Colorado/Canyon) in 2016.
•Released GM's 1st FST LD diesel exhaust system (Silverado/Sierra) in 2018.
3/12-10/13 Bosal Industries; Ypsilanti, MI OE Exhaust Development Engineer
•Model acoustic/backpressure values using GT-Power modeling software
•Gather acoustic information from tests using 4-wheel chassis dynamometer using LMS Test Lab software.
•Perform sound evaluations on prototype systems installed in customer supplied vehicles
•Write test reports on all above subjects using Minitab when needed.
•Developed the all new Cadillac CT6 4-cylinder exhaust system tuning
3/07-3/12 Tenneco Automotive; Jackson, MI Aftermarket Exhaust Product Engineer
•Research product coverage gaps to determine scope of gap and parts required to achieve coverage
•Engineer new parts using established product design guidelines and manufacturing standards
•Monitor progress of new parts from approval through availability to ensure launch targets are met using SAP and Oracle.
•Review Techline product issue reports. Investigate/recommend product or catalog changes as required
•Identification of cost reduction and revenue enhancement opportunities as part of the TVM program
3/05–3/07 Tenneco Automotive; Monroe, MI Car Care Test Engineer
• Designed and performed tests on evaluating a wide range of car care products including vehicle waxes, car washes, wheel cleaners, tire shines and leather cleaners.
• Create reports based on research and data collected from various tests
• Assist marketing team with presentation of technical test data for sales meetings
• Present findings to management team in an organized format
6/03–12/04 Woodbridge Foam Corporation; Whitmore Lake, MI Process Engineer
• Developed formulations to meet production specifications
• Responsible for the daily process operations (i.e. SPC gathering/analyzing)
Liaison with maintenance/production to solve/repair problems with the production line
• Planned/executed process improvement experiments (i.e. optimize chemical usage and minimize waste)
• Completed training in QS-9000 system internal auditing and hazardous waste/emergency response
• Member of improvement team that increased RFT over 10% and increased plant’s rating on companywide scoreboard by 50%
5/00–8/00 Lear Corporation, Seating — GM/Ford Division; Madison Heights/Dearborn, MI
1/01–4/01 Co-op Design Engineer
• Assisted with the design of an under-seat drawer per customer needs
• Performed benchmarking on seat components’ weight and reported the findings to the team
• Completed requisitions/purchase orders using Rumba AS-400 system
• Built full-scale prototype of GM truck seats (Alpha level) with power/hand tools
• Helped carry out tests per FMVSS specifications on prototype seats
1/98–5/02 University of Michigan – Dearborn; Dearborn, MI Bachelor of Science in Engineering –
Industrial Manufacturing Systems Engineering major. May 2002
Additional Technical Skills
• Six Sigma Black Belt Certification – January 2017
• Computer software knowledge - Microsoft Office, Outlook, Lotus Notes, Minitab, SAP, Oracle, TeamCenter, VisMock Up, GT Power and LMS Test Lab.
• Over 20 years experience in automobile/small engine troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repair
Hobbies & Interests
• Bob Bondurant School of High-Performance Driving (graduated near top-of class)
•Classic auto complete restorations: 1979 Ford Mustang (including complete interior restore/upgrade, suspension upgrades, and multiple body panel replacements) & 1966 Volkswagen Dune Buggy (including engine/transmission swap, front suspension rebuild, and electrical system 6v to 12v conversion)