SUHAIL RAFI ABBASI, MBBS,FCPS.
* -* (GPC)Model Town B, Bahawalpur,Pakistan/Sanad
06/2006 FCPS Fellow of College of Physicians & Surgeons, Pakistan (Internal Medicine)
07/1992 MBBS Quaid-e-Azam Medical College, Bahawalpur, Pakistan.
04/2015 to date Acting Medical Consultant,Sanad Hospital,(Owned by Aster DM
Healthcare Group Dubai),Riyadh,KSA
(This is a more than 250 Bedded hospital deals in with all
Kinds of inpatients,outpatients,ICU patients and long term patients
05/2013 to 04/2015 Medical Specialist,Sanad Hospital,Riyadh,KSA
(This is a more than 250 Bedded hospital deals in with all
Kinds of inpatients,outpatients,ICU patients and long term patients)
06/2010 to 5/2012 Medical Specialist/Acting Medical Consultant,Aseer Central
Hospital(MOH),Abha,KSA(Aseer Central Hospital is 574 Bedded
Teaching Hospital,attached with King Khalid University,Abha,KSA
06/2009 to 05/2010 Senior Registrar,Medical unit IV Bahawal Victoria
Hospital(1410 Bedded Teaching Hospital),attached with
Quaid-e-Azam Medical College,Bahawalpur,Pakistan.
12/2008 to 06/2009 Head of the Internal Medicine Dept.
Surraya Azeem(Waqf) Hospital,Lahore
08/2006 to 12/2007 Fellow in Internal Medicine, Senior Registrar, Department of Medicine, Medical Unit-1 & G I Endoscopy /Gastroenterology Services Hospital, Lahore, Pakistan.
Teaching Duties Under Graduate Teaching;
- Taking medical students through relevant history taking & physical examination & helping them to arrive at differential diagnosis.
- Development of critical thinking for relevant investigations & basics of management to ensure safe patient's care.
Post Graduate Training; Training of Interns & Residents
- Approaches to common in-house problems.
- Principals of management, helping them in initial assessment
of the patients with a stress on eliciting physical science, relevant
Investigations & discussing the list of possiblities to arrive at a
- Discussing the treatment with its side effects & recent advances in management of the disease.
Clinical Duties - Daily detailed rounds on admitted patients with an emphasis problem solving taking decisions, Out-patient clinics twice a week.
Research Activities - Currently working on few research proposals
02/2005-05/2006 - Medical officer, Medical Special Unit, Services Hospital Lahore.
01/2003-06/2004 - Medical officer, Neurology Unit, Services Hospital Lahore.
08/2001-12/2002 - Senior Resident Medicine. Medical Unit I/ (CCU), Services Hospital, Lahore, Pakistan.
One Month necessary rotations as per rules for fellowship residency programme advised by College of Physicians & Surgeons Pakistan, in following departments: Neurology, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Nephrology, Radiology, Pathology, Pulmunology / ICU & IPH /College of Community Medicine.
Responsibilities as Chief Resident are more of an independent role and include:
- Organizing the daily on-call duty roaster for the medical unit I/ (CCU)
- Processing leave applications of the residents & interns.
- Supervision of junior residents.
- Functioning as a liaison between the consultants & residents.
- Taking the academic classes of trainee nursing staff.
Emergency Room ( A & E ) :
- 36 hours / week emergency room care.
- Experience in immediate diagnosis and initial management of medical emergencies like severe pulmonary oedema, Angina, Myocardial Infarction, asthma, status-epilepticus, diabetic ketoacidosis, acute poisoning, coma, cerebral malaria, cerebrovascular accidents, hepatic encephalopathy etc.
- Whole time residential job.
- In-patient management of patients with a wide variety of common medical problems as well as those, which are seen rarely. Services Hospital Lahore being a 1100 bedded
Teaching Hospital affiliated with a Medical college /PGMI, provided with that opportunity.
Out patient clinics with the consultant with emphasis on clinical diagnosis & differential diagnosis, and management of common medical problems.
Performed a wide variety of procedures like Endotracheal intubations, lumbar punctures, bone marrow aspirations, abdomino / thoraco-centesis, peritoneal dialysis, insertion of CVP lines, Sangstaken blackmoore intubations, G I Endoscopy with relevant procedures.
07/1998-07/2001 Junior Resident Medicine, Medical- I /CCU, Department of Medicine, Services Hospital Lahore, Pakistan.
- Whole time residential job with in-patient management of patients with diagnosis of cirrhosis with its complications, stroke, complicated diabetes mellitus, uncontrolled hypertension, Infective Endocarditis, chronic obstructive lung diseases, asthma, tuberculosis, a wide variety of infectious diseases etc.
- Clinico-pathological conferences, case presentations to the consultants, morning and evening teaching rounds were part of daily routine.
- Out-patient clinics with consultant twice / week.
- 36 hours /week emergency cover.
05/1998-06/1998 Medical officer VIP rooms, Services Hospital, Lahore Pakistan.
04/1996-04/1998 Medical officer, Health Department, Govt of the Punjab, Pakistan.
- Incharge Basic Health Unit (BHU), after passing Punjab Public Service Commission, PPSC, a competitive exam for doctors
- BHU service is a primary health care programme by the Govt of Pakistan, catering to rural population.
- BHU has the facilities of in-patient, out-patient care with minor emergency cover as well.
09/1993-03/1996 Incharge Basic Health Unit (BHU), on contract, Health Department, Govt of the Punjab, Pakistan.
08/1992-08/1993 Internship, six months medicine & six months surgery, Bahawal Victoria Hospital, (BVH), Bahawalpur, Pakistan. BVH is a 1315-bedded teaching hospital, affiliated with Quaid-e-Azam Medical College, Bahawalpur Pakistan.
- Medical grand round presentations.
- Weekly Journal clubs.
- Weekly medical problem case meetings.
- Monthly inter-hospital meetings to discuss problem cases.
- Fortnightly morbidity & mortality meetings.
- Dissertation written as per requirement of CPSP (College of Physicians & Surgeons, Pakistan) exam: Relationship between QTc interval Prolongations & Diabetic Complications: a 100 case study.
- Pakistan Society Of Gastroenterology and G I Endoscopy
- Research Methodology Biostatistics & dissertation
Writing, arranged by CPSP (College of Physicians & Surgeons
- Introduction to Computer & Internet, arranged by CPSP (College
of Physicians & Surgeons Pakistan).
- Communication Skills, held by CPSP (College of Physicians &
- T.B workshop arranged by T.B prevention & control programme of
Pakistan, at IPH / College of Community Medicine, Lahore.
- 25th clinical course in internal medicine Dec.2005 at Shaikh Zayed
Hospital and Federal Post Graduate Medical Institute, Lahore.
- BLS(Basic Life Support)Aseer Central Hospital,Abha KSA.(Oct.10)
- Annual Aids Workshop Feb 2012,Aseer Central hospital,Abha,KSA
-International TB Day March 2012, Aseer Central hospital,Abha,KSA
- Married, with four children
- Pakistani National
- Registered with Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PMDC).
Registration no. 24489-P.
- Registered with Saudi Commission for Health Specialities
- Registered with MOH UAE
- Certificate no.153148
- Holder of clean current driving license.