I help brands connect with mass merchandising channels such as
Amazon as well as direct to consumer to increase revenue. I accomplish this by overseeing and implementing development and engagement strategies in support of strategic business objectives across digital touchpoints.
5577 Forest Dr
Kamado Joe, Duluth,GA- Director of Ecommerce
Kamado Joe is a the fastest growing brand in the kamado style charcoal grilling category. During my tenure I solved logistics and compliance issues to deliver over 1M worth of unshippable goods. Developed growth strategy for mass merchant channel, using advertising analytics and sell thru data to show the incremental value brought to retailers. Built a profitable direct to consumer experience growing revenue with primarily organic traffic propped up with minimal advertising. Designed, built and maintained social media presence and website sales cart.
Collaborated with vendors and internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience.
Day To Day Duties:
Management of business relationships for Amazon, Walmart,Wayfair,Lowes,Home Depot,Ace Hardware,True Value,Field And Stream,Dicks Sporting Goods, Wayfair, Houzz and Cabelas. These duties also required brand maintenance using various content management platforms required by each vendor.
Ensured accurate and optimized product listings and marketing collateral for visibility as a quality brand representation to maximize sales. Manage EDI compliance for partner requirements for logistics and data as well as integration with SPS Commerce as well as maintaining UPC code creation and assignment with GS1 and the GDSN network. Support of national accounts ecomm or dropship programs in regards to fulfillment,online reviews and questions as well as continuous improvement in regards to vendor relations.
Integration of mobile apps for Android and Iphone to the online store and existing workflow for fulfillment with the Ikamand hardware. Creation of new company catalog for dealers with lifestyle and detail photos and data of entire product and accessory line.
Paid Traffic Growth
EDI Integration/UPC Admin
Google Data Studio
Amazon Vendor/Seller Central
Adobe Creative Studio
Amazon Marketing Service
Management of Google adwords and Amazon Marketing service to yield a return of $55 for every dollar spent.
Evaluated emerging technologies and provided thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
Data Tech ventures,Charlotte,NC — Ecommerce Manager July 2003 - PRESENT
Managed $33M direct-to-consumer ecommerce business for various projects including blu ecigs global commerce site. Responsible for leading the site strategy and building product roadmap from conception to end. Drove yearly revenue growth and extending traffic growth with affiliate and affinity program.
● Managed full project lifecycle: strategy, design, development, testing, and implementation.
● Responsible for site analytics and testing to drive growth for ecommerce KPIs. Used a/b and multivariate testing to drive steady improvement in site conversion.
● Managed strategic site redesign to improve brand messaging, engage new users, and improve conversion. Resulted in 19% increase in AOV, 8% increase in visit duration, and 3% decrease in bounce rate.
● Drove company sales with online and ecommerce channel partners to achieve monthly sales goals.
● Formulated 5 year road map including annual/quarterly budgets
● Executed company’s overall ecommerce strategy in concert with company’s strategic roadmap
● Maintained account relationship with key online and ecommerce channel partners
● Facilitated inter-departmental coordination for smooth, order execution
● Created customer centric promotions to raise brand awareness and increase revenue
● Grew branded and non-branded organic traffic 80% through site optimization and PR/link-building campaigns. Manage SEO strategy and campaigns to grow user base and improve brand awareness.
● Built and sourced print and broadcast media campaigns for brand exposure.
● Created company’s yearly online promotional plans in concert with advertising budget with expanded revenue growth in mind.
● Provided upper management with analytical reports to share key business insights which induce appropriate and timely action as well as milestone to achieve optimum KPI’s
● Coordinated affiliate, referral, and social media programs to spur growth and attract new users to the brand. Increased referral traffic by 75% and increased new visitor traffic by 9%.
● Built relationships with vendors to manage all ecommerce technology partners. Integrated several third party advertising sources as well as site search, email marketing, and xml shopping feeds.
● Managed a staff of 10+ in support of key ecommerce initiatives across various projects and tasks
PROJECTS FOR DATA TECH VENTURES
Project Name — Blu Ecigs
Brand Marketing Manager - Blu electronic cigarettes
● Managed all aspects of marketing, product, and advertising strategy for the launch of a market-leading electronic cigarettes brand; grew annual sales to over $33MM. Business was acquired by a leading consumer goods brand ($135MM exit valuation).
● Built a strong advertising program in a niche traditionally shunned by top ad networks; convinced networks to accept advertising, the major source of new customer leads.
● Identified opportunity to expand initial brand positioning (health focus) through acknowledging customer lifestyle preferences; increased addressable market by 30%.
● Developed successful affiliate program which emerged as a key source of traffic for the brand; affiliate generated 29% of leads and 15% of growth.
● Grew organic search into a low-cost traffic source that fueled brand growth; executed link-building campaigns and site optimizations which delivered 80%+ growth in traffic.
Project Name —Health Products Launch
● Led marketing and advertising strategy for multiple products in the health and wellness space.
Project Name — Online Gaming Product
● Developed traffic and monetization strategies for the launch of an online gaming product. Successfully implemented an advertising arbitrage strategy, building an audience of 2M monthly users generating $30M of annualized advertising revenue.
● Negotiated with advertising partners and traffic sources, managing
$1.2M of advertising spend while retaining viewers for an average of an hour per session.
Project Name — Video On Demand
Consulting for marketing and advertising for the past 13 years. Extensive experience with user engagement and google adwords / analytics.
Graphnet, Atlanta,Ga — Sales Engineer
Served as the sales engineer and regional manager for the Southeastern, United States. Designed and oversaw custom data solutions pre and post sales for clients such as Michelin, Exxon and MTV. Responsible for working with the regional sales manager on Powerpoint and Excel presentations to prospective clients as well as ensuring success for the project from a technical standpoint. References
President Kamado Joe / Masterbuilt
VP Sales Kamado Joe / Masterbuilt
Director National Accounts Kamado Joe / Masterbuilt 206-***-****