David W. Thompson **** Brookston Cir, Flowery Branch, GA 30542
High-performing and skilled finance professional with extensive knowledge of systems, product costing, data analysis, strategic planning and cost savings initiatives seeking a rewarding and challenging position as an Regional Controller as the next step in my career evolution. AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Cost Accounting and Analysis Capital Investment Analysis P&L Management Lean Principles
Budget Development and Management Proficient in MS Office & SAP Cash Flow and Management Systems Implementation
Complex Accounting Manager 2015 – present
Perdue Farms, LLC – Gainesville, GA
Responsible for all financial reporting and analysis for an $80M chicken processing plant utilizing multiple locations. I have been instrumental in streamlining our accounting process and increasing the validity of the reports coming out of our department.
- Took an under-performing department and improved it through mentoring, training and eliminating non-essential positions.
- Reduced headcount in the department by more than half while improving the analysis and reporting generated.
- One of my direct reports was promoted to Accounting Manager at another Perdue facility.
Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis 2012 – 2015 Scovill Fasteners, LLC – Clarkesville, GA
Responsible for all financial reporting, forecasting and budgeting for a $50M Manufacturing/Sales organization with locations in multiple countries. I worked to help transform the Accounting Department to be viewed as a true partner to Operations.
- Implemented new financial reporting package.
- Helped decrease the time to close the books from ten days to three.
- Perform all Eliminating entries and Consolidation Review.
- Instrumental in Due Diligence gathering leading up to the purchase of our Company.
- Communicated financial information to all levels of management. Senior Financial Analyst 2007 – 2012
Wrigley Manufacturing, LLC – Flowery Branch, GA
Responsible for maintaining P&L and Fixed Assets for a $1B manufacturing facility. Routine tasks included period close and reporting, analysis and forecasting, budgeting and product costing. I was generally recognized as the subject matter expert in SAP for the Americas and routinely provided support for my peers at other facilities.
- Developed and documented a formal written budget process in SAP.
- Developed Waste Data Collection System which generated $2M in savings.
- Developed in-house costing system to enable non-financial personnel to trial cost products.
- Helped implement process to enable Supplier-Owned Inventory.
- Back-filled as Controller at another facility while associate was out on leave.
- Cross-trained in Procurement and External Manufacturing. Chief Financial Officer 2004 – 2007
Atlantic Engineering Group, Inc. – Braselton, GA
Responsible for all Finance, Human Resources and IT services for a fiber-optic cable contractor. I prepared all financial statements, budgets and percentage of completion documents. I arranged Surety Bonds for all out municipal jobs and secured financing for our operations. EDUCATION
Masters of Business Administration – 1991
- Member, Society of Management Business Students
- President, Association of Graduate Business Students
- Member of MBA Alumni Advisory Board
AB Degree – 1988
University of Georgia