Innovative team leader and entrepreneur with outstanding communications, management and technical skills built upon years of web development – from starting one of the first web agencies and building teams that won Webby and MAXI awards to architecting large applications and creating server infrastructures. Experience working in multiple sectors, including government, finance, hospitality and retail. Enjoy time with family, playing in a band, competing in ultimate Frisbee – and bringing the San Francisco start-up spirit to enterprises of any size.
• Frameworks: Ruby on Rails, Angular, Ember, Grunt, Backbone, React, Node, jQuery, Spring
• Agile Development: Atlassian, BaseCamp
• Continuous Integration: AWS, GIT, Git Flow, Circle CI, Capistrano, Heroku, Artifactory, Jenkins, Bitbucket
• Databases: SqlServer, Postgres, Mysql, Oracle, SqlLite, Mongo, Redis
• Statistical Analysis: R, Google Analytics, Excel
• Testing: Rspec, VCR, Faker, FactoryBot
Cognizant, Denver, CO. September 2016-present. Engineering Manager
• Developed large-scale financial applications in Ruby for Oppenheimer Funds.
• Managed and mentored 12-person onshore and offshore engineering teams.
• Resolved more than 2,500 production incidents; provided fixes for over 500 bugs.
• Wrote test coverage in Rspec for hundreds of model, controller, service and concern files.
• Led client and offshore daily stand-ups, grooming and review meetings.
• Managed multiple restful microservice implementations for financial data transfers.
• Worked in Jenkins-AWS continuous integration environment. Travelers Haven, Denver CO. 2016. Senior Software Engineer
• Added functionality to existing Ruby on Rails and Angular applications.
• Utilized GitFlow versioning and Circle CI on Heroku.
• Released Salesforce ETL integration with Restforce gem and Apex.
• Refactored error and cancellation handling for hotel booking site.
• Used Active Job and Sidekiq for delayed jobs.
Placewise Media, Denver, CO. 2008-2015. Senior Developer
• Developed and launched MVC social platform for 500 major market shopping mall sites.
• Grew platform from zero to 500,000+ users.
• Won six MAXI awards for interactive programs distributed across multiple mall web sites.
• Delivered projects in Rails with Rspec, and with Node and Grunt.
• Developed secure REST JSON APIs and web services. Catapult Technologies, Denver, CO. 2006-2007 Application Developer
• Programmed Java servlets and JSP with Hibernate for federal government agency time entry application.
• Developed form builder and handler application in Coldfusion with Oracle. John Haig 2
New Orleans Hospitalities, New Orleans, LA. 2005. Webmaster
• Managed 12 sites including bigeasy.com
• Built Yahoo Store (RTML!).
State of Louisiana, Baton Rouge, LA. 2004. Consultant
• Installed and configured multi-tier IBM Web-sphere portal and commerce cluster for the State of Louisiana.
Oxygen Media, San Francisco, CA. 1998-2002. Director of Web Development
• Hired and directed engineering staff.
• Managed budgets and priorities; contributed to annual strategic planning.
• Winner of Webby Awards in Health in 2000 and 2001.
• Directed development of dozens health-related content programs.
• Grew audience from 500,000 to 2,000,000 page views per day. Organic Online, San Francisco, CA. 1994-1997 Project Manager
• Employee #4 at what is considered the first Web development agency.
• Coded and produced original web projects.
• Managed clients, contractors, engineers, creative directors, and account managers.
• Wrote specifications, project plans, information architectures, requirements documents and internal policies.
• Clients included Saturn Cars, Kinkos, ClubMed, Sybase. Pluralsite/Code School
• For a complete list of classes, visit https://www.linkedin.com/in/bagusbagus/ Open Source
• MegaBar Rails Engine: github.com/megabar/megabar Education
• University of Wisconsin – Madison. 1989. B.S. History of Science.
• University of Maryland - College Park. 1992-1993. Advanced studies in biostatistics.
• Sun Education Services – San Francisco. 2001. Java and ATG Dynamo training.
• IBM Educational Services – Baton Rouge, 2003. WebSphere Portal STEW.