• Strong knowledge of user-centered design principles, strategizing ideas, execution of desired paths and analysis and assessment of status against perceived usability benchmarks.
• Experienced in qualitative and quantitative user testing, including heuristic evaluations, card sorting, usability testing, contextual interviews, focus groups, etc.
• Extensive experience with design and production management. Capable of managing teams through aggressive deadline oriented projects from prototype to post-mortem review.
• User-centered design focus with unique esthetic style. Natural empathy to connect with end-users to generate exciting, forward-thinking and appropriate solutions.
• Thorough organizational ability coupled with a procedure oriented mindset that is highly adaptable to any team.
• Spirited approach to the creation and organization of concept models, site maps, ﬂow charts and wireframes. Experienced with design briefs, competitive reviews and usability reports.
• Solid understanding of brand development and management, and has worked through the trials of corporate brand analysis and the weight of the stages of its improvement.
• Advocate of the collaborative team-oriented environment while taking ownership of autonomous responsibility.
• Understands that championing project feedback is the difference between a good, or an exceptional designer.
Thomas P. Gohagan Travel
Design Manager (10/2018 - 01/2019, Freelance)
Contract position within the Design and Creative Services Department, responsible for the design and production of all marketing and client
facing materials. Reports all procedural analysis and improvements to head of department.
• Oversee design staff providing esthetic guidance elevating the level of storytelling and design in client facing materials.
• Improving procedural fulfillment through efficiency analysis.
• Planning and prototyping full website redesign implementing e-commerce integration for 2020 rollout.
• Strategical planning and initial research for user data acquisition.
• Building proposal and prototype for company-wide rebranding.
Senior Graphic Designer (07/2018 - 07/2018, Freelance)
As a contract designer, I was brought in to assist in the development of various high-profile marketing collateral.
• Metropolis Think Tank event signage, multimedia displays and social media collateral.
• O’Hare 21 initiative, collaborating on initial conceptual prototypes.
National Restaurant Association
Production Coordinator (07/2014 - 03/2018)
A very fast-paced position with multi-faceted responsibilities requiring the need to constantly shift gears. Creative/conceptual, administrative and managerial fulfillment on a daily basis.
• Managed the production of the NRA’s entire library of printed and multimedia training materials.
• Developed concept and prototype, and managed initial production of the Fundamentals 2 release.
• Design and layout of multimedia USB’s, books, certificates, testing material and various marketing materials.
• Vetted all third party vendors through rigorous testing and Q&A, creating listing of preferred vendors approved by all departments.
• Managed and fulfilled freelance talent acquisition, job tracking and all involved invoicing, alleviating management of the task.
Senior Graphic Designer (07/2012 - 07/2014)
Contract position producing print and digital educational materials for K-G5. Very aggressive deadlines were met with tight integration into
CMS/LMS workflows. High-paced production and the completion of
deadlines was leveraged over design.
• Maintained constant communication between Editorial and Development departments, tracking rounds of edits and keeping department lead informed of team status.
Pivot Point International, Inc.
Creative Manager (04/2002 - 08/2009)
Responsible for creation and development of all print related educational materials. Managed 3 full time staff members, and up to 8 other part time resources. Influential in the development and implementation of all procedural systems.
• Starting as Graphic Designer, working up to Creative Manager through building the Production Department from its infancy.
• Designed and managed the design and production of Design
Forum, PPI’s flagship fashion industry release. Responsible for
design of DF275, a pivotal release that greatly increased sales
Administrative: Word, Excel, Docusign, Papersave, Entourage.
Cloud: BOX, Google Drive,
CMS: WordPress, Drupal.
Design: InDesign, Photoshop, Sketch, Adobe XP, Axure RP, Invision, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Animate, Acrobat.
PMS: Teamwork, Wrike, Daptiv, SharedPlan and Gaant Chart project management systems.
Video: Final Cut/Premier Pro, After Effects.
DePaul University (current)
Completing Masters in Science, focus on Computer Interaction. Completion in 2020.
- Digital Design
- Foundations of HCI
- Information Visualization & Infographics
- Inquiry Methods & Use Analysis
- Interactive Design & Information Architecture
- Intro to User-centered Design
- Prototyping & Implementation
- Scripting for Interactive Systems
- Usability Evaluation Methods
- Website Design for HCI
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago
Bachelors of Fine Arts, 1997. Focus on visual communications, graphic design and image
manipulation. Continued education web certification.