Recent graduate (2018) from Sheridan College’s Human Resources Management Program, seeking full time employment in an HR related position.
• Implemented proficient and confident use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) to prepare clear and concise HR metrics and reports for senior management.
• Fulfilled data entry and business communication requirements using JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, SAP, and Ceridian Dayforce.
• Prepared and managed internal communication to employees regarding time and attendance, benefits and pensions, in addition to various other daily paperwork transactions.
• Experienced working in fast-paced, professional business environments for over three years.
• Managed time and resources effectively, and planned contingently to ensure deadlines were met with exceptional results.
• Applied knowledge of benefit providers, policy development, HR related legislations (Ontario & Canada), WHMIS, and WSIB.
• Archived and efficiently organized both daily transactional paperwork and the company electronic library.
HR Assistant (Co-op Placement), Sandvik Canada Inc., Mississauga Sept 2017-April 2018
• Conducted pre-screen phone call interviews, and face-to-face interviews for entry level positions, while providing detailed feedback, and cooperating with hiring managers to ensure ideal candidates were selected to fill open positions.
• Compiled employee files, completed document checklists, and tracked employee documents for new hires/re-hires, employee lifecycle events, retirees, and terminations.
• Communicated onboarding process, benefits packages, and policies to newly hired employees.
• Accurately entered employee benefits information and pension coverage statuses for multiple insurers on their respective online systems.
• Correlated consistent information and performed regular audits between HRIS (PeopleSoft) and benefits/pension providers.
• Utilized HRIS (PeopleSoft) functions to process HR metrics reports, conduct performance management reviews, answer information inquiries, and to perform ad hoc audits.
• Assisted to process hourly and salary payroll.
• Managed two time and attendance systems for over 700 employees across Canada.
• Proactively supported the Joint Health and Safety Committee, and assisted with monthly workplace inspections.
• Archived hard copied documents for offsite storage and HR records. HARRISON BROWNE
Supply Chain Clerk, D-Link Canada, Mississauga 2014-2016
• Maintained effective professional internal and external communication using proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
• Coordinated supply chain functions across the departments of Warehouse, IT, Sales, and Finance.
• Planned diligently and contingently with vendors and carriers to meet daily order requirements.
• Accurately processed daily data entry in JD Edwards accounting system, using precise attention to detail.
• Prepared regular shipments and fulfilled customer orders while managing inventory. EDUCATION
Human Resources Management Post-Graduate Diploma, with Highest Honours Sheridan College, Mississauga 2018
Honours Bachelor of Arts
University of Toronto, Mississauga 2013
HRPA APPROVED COURSES/RELEVANT PROJECTS
Recruitment and Selection
• Created and implemented a structural interview guide and scoring matrix for a Customer Service Representative position.
Occupational Health and Safety
• Presented a Health and Wellness display/seminar regarding cold and flu prevention in the workplace while utilizing resources from Health Canada. Human Resources Administration
• Prepared a shared information center for employees, focused on the researched topic of employee theft and workplace confidentiality.
• Conducted a job analysis of benchmark jobs and assigned pay grades to entry level, core, and senior levels jobs using HAY and FES pay grading systems. HR RELATED ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Artistic Director, (Formerly) Scotiabank’s Nuit Blanche, Toronto 2012-2013
• Directed and prepared budgets and safety logistics for two, twelve-hour interactive live performances at the Arts and Letter Club of Toronto, for audiences of over 2000 people.
• Recruited and casted several teams of volunteers and paid staff members to work in various departments.
• Coordinated with the city of Toronto to ensure safety and quality standards were surpassed.