Phone: +1-347-***-**** email: email@example.com Objective
Seeking freelance and full time opportunities in women’s footwear design utilizing my wide-ranging experience in both European and US markets.
Key Qualities & Career Highlights
* Creative: Creating and drawing designs that are brand appropriate.
* Product Knowledgeable: Able to introduce new vendors and maintain high, brand-appropriate product standards.
* Strategic: Strong skill set strength building a brand recognizable identity with integrity and aesthetic presence. Able to combine innovative design specifications with manufacturing guidelines, deadlines and budgetary boundaries.
* Communicator: Strong team work and bilingual skills in communicating with manufacturers.
* Ambitious: Constantly driven to create an attractive, well-constructed, and unique product for all demographics.
Co- Founder - Creative Director, January 2018 – current
* Responsible for the creative direction of the brand and the design of the collection.
* Oversee Branding, PR & Marketing.
* Supervise protos, samples and production in Italy.
* Designed and presented the first collection in January 2018 to wholesale & press for Fall 2018. RALPH LAUREN COLLECTION & POLO RALPH LAUREN
Vice President of Design, Women's Shoes, January 2014 - December 2017 Senior Design Director, Women's Shoes, August 2010 - December 2013 Senior Designer, Women's Shoes, May 2007 - August 2010
* Responsible for leading design process combining brand heritage with innovation.
* Sourcing and selecting color and leather product for each collection.
* Developed design specifications for all segments of women's shoe structures: lasts, heels, uppers, hardware and soles.
* Collaborated with European technicians to insure successful implementation of design.
* Strategized with merchandising & sales for the marketing and successful roll-out of each collection.
* Participated in the production of all runway presentations, by designing appropriate footwear for each new collection.
Designer, Women's Shoes, September 2004 - April 2007 Junior Designer, Women's Shoes, April 2002 - September 2004
* Collaborated with Creative Director to insure coordination between footwear collection and other products in the brand.
* Evaluated color and material research and product sourcing.
* Corrected and approved product prototypes.
* Communicated directly with factories and technical engineering teams in Italy. VALENTINO ROMA
Designer, Women's Ready-to-Wear, October 2001 - March 2002
* Designed brand appropriate clothing product utilizing Valentino archives as inspiration.
* Selected fabrics and treatments for each collection in collaboration with senior designers.
* Coordinated garment fittings with in-house tailors and seamstresses. MARNI
Design Consultant, Women's Ready-to-Wear, February 2001 - April 2001
* Collaborated with design studio, selecting images and colors for seasonable mood book. TOD’S
Designer, Women's & Men's Shoes, April 1999 - November 2000
* Designed all aspects of both women's and men's shoe collections. Education
Polimoda/University of Florence, Italy: Bachelor Degree in Costume and Fashion, 1996 - 1999 Istituto S.S Apostoli in Naples, Italy: Degree in Art, 1991- 1995 Awards
* Finalist at the Mittelmoda- Premio in Gorizia, Italy (competition for young fashion designers),September 1998, May 1999, September 2002
* Exhibition at MOMI in Milan, Italy "Borsino Stilisti", October 1998 & September 1999 Languages: Native Italian Speaker, fluent in English Computer knowledge: Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Illustrator
*Read the informative, I authorize the treatment of my personal data.