A skilled, talented and versatile craftsman in Public Relations; More than 10 years of demonstrated success improving the brand image of a firm; Accomplished through planning, designing and implementing strategies, initiatives, creative campaigns and PR events; Project management and Corporate sales experience for more than 20 years. Core Competencies and Strengths:
• Networking - outstanding communication skills
• Creativity - ability to develop/innovate new concepts and techniques
• Presentation skills - excellent oral and written skills
• Organizational/Prioritization - ability to balance multiple projects
• Motivated/Self Starter - ability to motivate subordinates ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Dean's List, Spring 2017, Spring/Summer 2016, Spring/Summer/Fall 2015, Central Penn College Student Leadership Award, 2017, Central Penn College Club All Academic Award, 2016, Central Penn College Education Foundation Leadership Scholarship, 2015, Central Penn College EXPERIENCE
Staffmark/MetroLogistics - Lindt
6/2018 - 2/2019 (7-month contract)
Oversee activities at the Lindt distribution warehouse that pertain to ordering, receiving, storing and distributing materials, equipment, merchandise and supplies. Work closely with management, oversee multiple teams, develop and improve existing procedures and policies, prevent losses and, when necessary, modify pallets of chocolate to make certain each layer is maintained. Other responsibilities include managing storage facilities, ensuring accuracy of inventory records, compiling balance, price and cost reports and daily counts on all chocolate and related products.
• Track inventory maintenance.
• Control flow of equipment and supplies.
• Coordinate and direct multiple teams.
• Develop loss mitigation processes and protocols.
• Train new employees on inventory procedures.
• Forecast future inventory requirements.
111A South Spruce Street, Shiremanstown, PA 717-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org Team Leader
1/2017 - 5/2018
• Managed and lead a team of employees.
• Communicated company goals, safety practices and deadlines to the team.
• Provided help to management including training and kept management up-to-date on team performance.
• Communicated concerns and policies among management and team members.
• Additional duties included: line leader; stocking shelves; building displays and down stocking and top stocking merchandise; promoted Walmart services and sales, including online shopping services and discounts and current sales, by encouraging customers to take advantage of great value store brands which would save them money on their grocery purchases. Vice President
Central Penn Knightly News Media Club
5/2016 - 3/2017
• Assisted the media club by building and defining the media club on Central Penn Campus through fundraisers, news stories, podcasts and media club competition events.
• Served as a feature writer for Central Penn Alumni events, Common Hour events, campus activities, Capital Blue Cross theater events, voting awareness and education news regarding open source materials and textbooks, and Poetry Slam events.
• Planned and assisted in fundraisers for the Central Penn Media Club including promoting the events through traditional media channels, online and social media. Media Channels -
• Through podcasting on Central Penn Campus, maintained good relationships with faculty, staff and local businesses.
• Identified relevant media influences and general awareness of opportunities.
• Assisted media club advisors with newscast, writing news scripts for news podcasts.
• Developed and produced a commercial for a local real estate company. Project Management -
During my tenure at Central Penn College, I had the opportunity to do a number of projects, with the most significant being Kwanzaa (a celebration honoring the African-American heritage, observed Dec. 26 to Jan. 1). I was given four months to plan the event along with full reign on the project. The location was the Boscov's Annex at the Harrisburg Mall with over 60 vendors participating. As the project manager I looked at a floor plan and designed a layout of where each vendor would be placed along with tables/seating setup and also coordinated the sound system and podium for the stage. Additionally, there was a fashion show with over 50 models to be announced NORMAN GEARY
111A South Spruce Street, Shiremanstown, PA 717-***-**** email@example.com individually and an awards ceremony recognizing leaders in the community. Some of the attendees included the President of Harrisburg Area Community College and members of Channels 21 and 27 TV stations. A power point presentation was given where I explained the importance of Kwanzaa along with all the support given by the community. A photo booth was also set up so all attendees could have their pictures taken to a Kwanzaa backdrop. There was live music and food. With over 400 attendees, a smoothly run event, and much recognition.
While at Central Penn College, I also coordinated PR events, job seminars, podcast shows and food sales fundraisers along with assisting staff and faculty on musicals, plays and educational programs held at the Capital Blue Cross Center as well as media and communication classes. Club Supervisor
Advantage Sales & Marketing/Sam's Club
10/2014 to 12/2014
• Promoted food product to Sam's Club members by introducing the food sample cart program, giving away food samples that Sam's Club sells.
Business Sales Manager
Gold 'n' Copy/Xerox
Camp Hill, PA
9/2013 - 3/2014
• Trained sales staff on new Xerox products, services and software.
• Traveled and monitored sales staff on a weekly basis and closed sales when needed. Account Manager
6/2012 - 9/2013
• Sold advertising for Weis Markets in Central PA to get customers in stores via coupons on the back of register receipts to local businesses in Central PA. Inside Business Manager
New Cumberland, PA
7/2007 - 5/2011
• Supervised sales force of 35 sales associates; hired 35 sales representatives over a 5-eek period.
• Exceeded regional annual sales target by 110%
• Supported sales team in writing proposals and closing contracts; closed avg. 160 sales calls/qtr.
• Participated in Susan G. Komen, United Way Run and various food drives at food bank events. NORMAN GEARY
111A South Spruce Street, Shiremanstown, PA 717-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org EDUCATION
Bachelor of Science, Corporate Communications, 2017 Central Penn College, Summerdale, PA
Honors: magna cum laude (GPA: 3.86/4.0)
Associate in Arts, 2012
Harrisburg Area Community College, Harrisburg, PA