Seasoned Senior Payroll Administrator & Human Resources professional with over 19 years of experience in preparing payroll cycle completion, including bonus payments for processing, in a variety of industries. Extensive experience in processing all garnishment payments, implementing a new payroll system and processing termination payments in compliance with labor payment regulations. Continually exceeds expectations by creating valuable partnerships and works well with people at all levels of the organization, including stakeholders, customers, vendors and team members. Skills
● Reviewing & Calculating Withholding Per Period
● Providing With Remittance of Amount Withheld
● Processing the Distribution of Paystubs & Checks
● Supporting Internal & External Audits
● Responding to Employee's Payroll Questions
● Reviewing & Processing Leave Adjustments
● New Hire Set-Up & Direct-Deposit Changes
● Collecting, Auditing & Verifying Timesheets
● Handling & Prioritizing Multiple Tasks
● Discretion & Maintaining Confidentiality
● Understanding the Flow of Transactions
● Efficient, Organized & Meeting Deadlines
● Proactive & Resourceful Work Habits
● Positive Attitude & Interpersonal Skills
● Supporting a Teamwork Environment
● Excellent Verbal & Written Communication
Sr Payroll Administrator And H R 11/2012 to 02/2019 New Hampshire Ball Bearings, Inc.– Chatsworth, CA
● Received a promotion due to the successful implementation of a new payroll system that improved efficiency, reduced costs and increased accuracy across the enterprise.
● Prepared complex payroll and HR information for data input purposes, verifying that quality control measures were undertaken, as well as ensured that the operational aspects of payroll processing and associated activities like salaries or leave management were accurately handled.
● Managed and processed the weekly along with semi-monthly payrolls for 500+ employees in California, including management reporting and statutory filings, while also supporting the payroll departments in Peterborough and Laconia in New Hampshire.
● Entered new hires for Exempt and Non-Exempt positions in ADP, including Japanese employees, adjusting employee payments for Disability and FMLA according to company policies.
● Acted as the Voice of the Employee, answering any staff concerns or questions, while also coaching, mentoring and training staff members to ensure they performed work duties in accordance with standards and protocols.
● Reviewed time cards for accuracy of total daily and weekly hours along with assigned shifts, updating information in the e-time system and assigning new users with appropriate access, as well as communicating with the time card approver with questions on missing hours and punches.
● Ran yearly bonus payroll with appropriate taxation for California and aided New Hampshire locations with quarterly bonus payments, uploading files for yearly merit increases, as well as calculated manual checks for final payments.
● Verified W2's and entered W4 and State info including local and district taxes for other States, entering direct deposits, child support, garnishments or other deductions.
● Prepared, administered, and maintained fiscal year-end reporting, ensuring accurate reconciliation, as well as supported KPMG Auditors with questions.
● Filed quarterly tax returns on behalf of NHBB for the Arizona, California, Connecticut, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Vermont, and Washington. Operations Manager 07/2011 to 06/2012
BB's Boutique – Panorama City, CA
● Oversaw company operations, directing production, sales, inventory management and administrative activities while utilizing a customer relationship management system.
● Analyzed and evaluated company processes, continuously adapting to ensure maximum efficiency and profitability, resulting in increasing revenue by over 98% with a 32% profit margin.
● Managed cash handling procedures, inputting daily receipts into QuickBooks as well as produced P&L reports, filed corporate tax returns and deposited taxes to the appropriate agencies. Payroll Administrator 02/2006 to 06/2011
Harman International (NYSE:HAR)– Northridge, CA
● Prepared and processed bi-weekly payrolls for over 600 employees across NJ, IN and MI, including entering 401(k) catch-up amounts, W4's, direct deposit info and medical benefits reductions.
● Coordinated efforts between Payroll, HR, Budget, and other departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data, including preparation/distribution of detailed reports such as labor" home" work, overtime, leave balances, headcount and retirement contribution reports.
● Updated the US payroll spreadsheets info by using the payroll register company totals page, submitting to Manager as well as updated the payroll spreadsheet for expatriate employees and sent to Plante & Moran.
● Calculated bonuses to print live checks and calculated expatriate employees pay according to offer letter, including COLA amounts, keeping track of SS maximums, while also answering any employee questions regarding paychecks.
● Established employee records, ensuring changes were entered correctly and adhered to APA policy including compliance with Federal, State, Local regulations, while checking ALPAY016 report for any changes on new hires' vacation accruals, salary and benefits amounts.
Previous Work History
Payroll Administrator – Dole Food Company, Westlake Village, CA – 2004 to 2006 Payroll Administrator – Portion Pac, Division of H.J. Heinz, L.P., Chatsworth, CA – 2000 to 2004 Consultant – Edison Select, San Dimas, CA
Payroll Supervisor – Tandem Staffing for Industry, Burbank & Downey, CA Certifications
Human Resources Certification
ADP WFN, AS400, ADP Enterprise (EV3) HR/Payroll, SAP GlobalView, Geneva, E-Time, Rapid Pay, Lawson HR/Payroll, Ceridian Time and Attendance; Knowledge of Peoplesoft, Quickbooks Pro, OutSmart 3.0, Impact Payroll, Peachtree III Bookkeeping, Quatro Pro, Pro Forma for Legal Solutions Software, Microsoft Word/Excel, Type 60 WPM, and 10-key. Education
California State University Northridge - Associate of Arts in Language Arts, minor in Business Administration, Northridge, CA