Michael Paul Brees
**** **. *** ***** ***** Road, Unit 405, Plantation, FL 33324
email@example.com www.linkedin.com/in/michaelbrees ACCOUNTING PROFESSIONAL
Diversified, Hands on and Detail Oriented Accountant with extensive experience in Wholesale, Manufacturing, Distribution, Services and Retail. Proven expertise in all aspects of Accounting, Business and Financial Management. My hands-on management style results in the development and implementation of strategic process improvements which insures company growth. I am also a strong team leader, builder and facilitator fostering an atmosphere that encourages staff with a work-life balance which supports the overall corporate goals and objectives.
STRENGTHS AT A GLANCE
Accounting Management, Cash and Treasury Management, Financial Reporting, Excel Modeling (Expert Level), Accounts Receivable (AR), Accounts Payable (AP), Inventory Management, Internal Controls and Implementation of Software and Process Improvements, Local, Multi-State and Federal Taxation, Regulatory Compliance, GAAP, Training and Development, Budgeting, Internal and External Audits, Special Projects. CAREER ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Development, revision and implementation of accounting systems, Documentation of accounting policies, procedures and changes, publish all administrative and financial procedures, Implementation of Purchase, Inventory and Invoicing procedures, establish system controls which verify the integrity of financial system processes
COMPUTER SOFTWARE SKILLS
QuickBooks Enterprise, Peachtree Accountants edition, Sage MAS through 200, Great Plains, Real World, Datapro Accounting, Accuterm 2000, Creative Solutions Ultra tax, Depreciation Solutions, Fixed Asset Solutions, TurboTax, Crystal Reports, MS Suite, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook SPECIALIZED TRAINING
SBA–Loan Guaranty Program, FICPA–Sales and Use Tax Procedures and Administration, Sage Group PLC – MAS 90 / 200 Management and Administration, Executrain / Microsoft–MS Office Suite, ADP–Payroll Management and Administration
University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida
Major: Accounting, Minor: Business Management
Alpha Epsilon Pi Fraternity
Marquis’s Who’s Who in America
Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
The Trellises Homeowners Association (Non-profit organization) Treasurer 2015 – 2017 and 2019
Finance and Property Management for this 131-unit Home Owners Association located on 19 acres in Jacaranda Florida.
Michael Paul Brees
9717 No. New River Canal Road, Unit 405, Plantation, FL 33324
firstname.lastname@example.org www.linkedin.com/in/michaelbrees PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Meds Direct Rx Inc. (And Subsidiaries), California, Florida, New York and Texas May 2015 – April 2019 Controller This is a hands-on role which includes the Full Accounting cycle and monthly Financial reporting for 4 owner related companies and the Principals personal finances; within the Wholesale, Distribution, Durable Medical Equipment, and Jewelry trade. Duties include full AR, AP, Cash management, Budgeting and Forecasting, Reconciliations, Month end closings and special projects.
• Development, Implementation and Documentation of policies and procedures to enhance internal controls Meds Direct Rx of FL (Formerly Drug Place), Hollywood, Florida Mar 2011 - May 2015 Controller This hands-on role had 7 staff members reporting to me on a daily basis. The duties included Full accounting cycle, Month End Closings, Reconciliations, Financial Reporting, Budgeting and Forecasting, Audits and Cash Management for 10 related companies, located in Florida, Tennessee, Texas, New York, Puerto Rico and California. The companies specialize in Wholesale pharmaceuticals, Durable Medical Equipment, and Closed-Door Pharmacies.
• Development and Implementation of Purchase order system, Inventory and Invoicing procedures.
• Develop and implement business processes and accounting policies to enhance internal controls.
• Develop procedures with our auditors for compilation and review for our annual bank required audits. Canam Golf Group, LLC, Pompano Beach, Florida Oct 2010 – Jan 2011 Controller (Consulting Assignment) This role was to assist the Canadian owner in the setup of a viable day to day Accounting and Billings system under US GAAP, included in the duties were Cash management, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger reconciliation, Month end closing and Financial reporting. Artistic Surfaces, Pompano Beach, Florida Jun 2009 – Oct 2010 Controller (Consulting Assignment) My responsibilities were for the management of the day to day Accounting, Billings, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inventory, Job Costing, Reconciliations, Financial reporting and Cash management.
• Development and implementation of an integrated inventory system with warehouse controls. Casale Marble Imports, Delray Beach, Florida Apr 2008 – Jun 2009 Controller (Consulting Assignment) This role had the hands-on responsibility for the Full Accounting cycle, Accounts Receivable, Billings, Accounts Payable, Job Costing, Reconciliations, Month end closings and Financial reporting.
• Assisted CFO in Chapter 13 filings and proceedings.
• Created and Implemented from Excel an automated AIA billing form. Starbrite Distributing, Inc., Fort Lauderdale, Florida May 2007 - Feb 2008 Controller Responsibilities included all aspects of the full Accounting cycle for this Manufacturing and Distribution company, oversight of 5 staff members, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Inventory and Production analysis, Reconciliations, Month end closings, Taxation, Financial reporting and quarterly SEC reporting.
• Development, Implementation, Documentation and Publishing of Accounting System Procedures.
• Development and Preparation of Monthly Supplemental Analysis of Key indicators.
• Conversion and Implementation of all manual analysis to Excel.
• Reviewed, Streamlined and Implemented closing process. Shaw-Ross International Importers, Inc., Miramar, Florida Apr 2006 – May 2007 Accounting Manager Responsible for the Management of a staff of 4, I reported directly to the Controller of this subsidiary of Southern Wine and Spirits. The primary function of this division is the import of select brands of wine and spirits for distribution through its vast network of outstanding customers.
• Developed and implemented a uniform reconciliation procedure for General Ledger Cost and Inventory Analysis. Pavermodule of Florida, Inc., Pompano Beach, Florida Dec 1998 – Apr 2006 Controller Handling with the oversight of a staff of 5 all aspects of the accounting process for this Manufacturer and Distributor of interlocking pavers and concrete products. Responsibilities include the review of day to day Accounting, Billings, Receivables, Payables, Purchasing, Inventory, Costing, P&L, Month End Closings and Preparation and Direction of bank required annual audit.
• Implemented Accounting department expansion and cross training of new staff.
• Part of the team which established an E.S.O.P which was instrumental in reducing employee turnover.
• Part of the team which reviewed and implemented Return Material Authorizations procedure.
• Reviewed, Recommended, Acquired an integrated Purchase Order Module for MAS 200.