David C. Byrd
Experienced IT and Business management professional
seeking a challenging senior leadership role that will allow me to utilize my diverse experience, education, and creative problem solving skills. I am seeking an opportunity with a progressive organization that promotes creativity, vision, passion, and excellence with an emphasis on personal and professional development.
• Bottom-line focused IT Program/Project Manager with strong organizational and leadership skills.
• Experienced Business Analyst, Process Analyst, Program, and Project Manager with proven skills in both Agile & Waterfall methodologies.
• Visionary leader continually seeking out opportunities to reduce project costs, improve system performance and improve user experience.
• Experienced Process Analyst specializing in development, documentation, improvement and re-engineering of
enterprise and departmental business standards.
• Skilled Business Analyst with specialty in Agile requirements elicitation, epic, and user story creation.
• Expert Project Manager with experience delivering complex development initiatives using multiple
methodologies (Waterfall, Agile or Hybrid).
• Experienced Portfolio Manager, Program Manager,
Project Manager and Project Financial Analyst.
• Accomplished communicator at all levels of the
organization written or oral.
• Outcome focused leader that understands the
importance of engaging and empowering stakeholders, and peers to facilitate quality deliverables.
• Delivered numerous application development, data center build/move, infrastructure, PaaS, SaaS, and network security projects.
• Detail oriented, meticulous and reliable leader.
• Developed, governed and administered an Enterprise Process Management Catalog.
• Architected a new system based change control and release management methodology.
• Problem solver that utilizes out-of-the-box, creative thinking, system tools and collaboration with subject matter experts to resolve any issue presented.
• Proven analyst that uses key business data to guide executive leadership to better data driven decisions.
• Developed a Hybrid IT Service Provider’s cloud
automation platform by focusing on features and
functions that provided the highest business value. E: firstname.lastname@example.org
P: 919/ 606.0386
A: 1130 Green Level Road Apex, NC 27523
• Agile Project Management
• Agile Product Owner
• Application Development Lifecycle
• Budget Management
• Budget Planning
• Business Analysis
• Business Process Improvement (BPI)
• Business Process Mapping
• Business Relationship Management
• Change Management
• Cisco Intelligent Automation for the
• Conflict Resolution
• Data Analysis
• Data Management
• EM7 – Monitoring & Ticketing
• Enterprise Planning
• Executive Stakeholder Management
• Financial Management
• Financial Planning
• HP Open View
• HP PPM
• HP Quality Center
• ISO 9000
• Kan Ban
• Key Process Indicators (KPI)
• Methodology Implementation
• Microsoft Access
• Microsoft Office 365
• Microsoft Project
• Microsoft Visio
• New Product Development
• Object Oriented Development
• Oral & written communication
• Organizational Change Management
• Process Analysis & Development
• Process Engineering
TierPoint LLC (formerly Windstream Hosted
01/2012 – 02/2019
Senior Enterprise Business Architect/Analyst
Raleigh, NC • 04/2016 - 02/2019
• Responsible for defining, updating and promoting a myriad of different business process frameworks to improve the overall business operational efficiency.
• Identified, qualified and defined business process improvements opportunities for all functional
departments from Finance to Data Center
• Consulted with teams to define best practice,
business and system impact potential for customer
one-off implementation projects.
• Managed major enterprise wide project initiatives working with Architecture, Systems Engineering,
Development and external vendors to deliver a
successful outcome using Agile (Scrum & KanBan)
• Collaborated with Data Architecture to evaluate
how to use data elements to enhance the
operational efficiency of all business and
operational support systems and support teams.
• Analyzed projects, programs and special initiatives to provide strategic guidance to senior leadership.
• Facilitated user story sessions with external
contractors, cross-functional operations teams,
architects and engineers, and senior leadership to capture new feature and functionality requirements using Agile elicitation techniques.
• Delivered new and improved workflow designs to
streamline business standards and processes.
• Reimagined multiple business system's operations to better serve the user community and deliver high
• Managed multiple projects using both Scrum and
Waterfall methodologies as needed.
• Agile Product Owner for a critical API middleware program that would allow external vendors and
customers to easily integrate into our ticketing,
monitoring and other support applications.
• Worked with EPMO and other senior leaders to
mature the companies Agile processes and
• Coached new PMs on internal Agile methods and
integration best practices with Waterfall PM tool (MS Project).
• Process Management
• Product Implementation
• Product Testing
• Program Management
• Project Management
• Project Reporting
• Quality Assurance
• Requirements Elicitation
• Risk Management & Mitigation
• Software Development
• Staff Development
• Staff Management
• Stakeholder Communications
• Stakeholder Management
• Strategic Alliance Development
• Strategic Planning
• Supply Chain Management
• Team Building & Motivation
• Team Leadership
• Training & Personnel Development
• User Story Development
• Vendor Management
• vCloud Director
Keller Graduate School Of Management
Masters: Business Administration
• Majored in Information Systems
• Minored in Finance
• Graduated with 4.0 GPA
• Graduated with Distinction
Bachelor of Science: Business
• Minored in Project Management
• Graduated Summa Cum Laude
• Graduated with 4.0 GPA
Senior Consultant, Program Manager/Business Analyst/ BRM/Project Manager/Agile Product Owner
Cary, NC • 05/2013 - 04/2016
• Developed product roadmap, vision, and delivery
expectation for a completely customized cloud
orchestration and automation platform.
• Agile Product Owner and negotiated with Business Unit leaders and Development Leaders to define backlog, sprint planning and release schedule.
• Acted as Scrum Master for a team of internal and external resources.
• Led all Agile project ceremonies with the project team and other business leaders.
• Managed external development contractors, QA
teams, and SMEs to ensure sprints and releases
delivered on time.
• Interviewed and consulted with cross-functional
operations teams, architects and engineers, and
senior leadership to capture new feature and
functionality requirements, workflow designs, and work bilaterally to improve business standards and
• Led daily stand-ups, sprint planning and backlog planning sessions.
• Elicited and documented users stories and epics using Agile methods.
Senior Technology Project Manager
Raleigh, NC • 01/2012 - 05/2013
• Delivered multiple on-time and on-budget new
product development projects, data center builds,
software development and other internal company
• Coordinated with cross functional team of architects, engineers, managers and executives to plan, execute and deliver successful multimillion dollar projects with extremely short delivery timelines.
08/2008 – 12/2011
IT Project Manager II
Durham, NC • 07/2011 - 12/2011
• Developed strategy and development plan for the
organization's Portfolio & Project Management tool.
• Transformed EPMO's process engineering, training/ team development, financial review and analysis, and PPM tool development/support resource oversight and guidance.
• Oversaw the entire enterprise project portfolio
including new project intake, financials and project status.
• Member of the project team that developed the Agile methodologies and standards.
PMP - PMI Project Management
• PMP #: 1278475 - Active
• June 2009
CompTIA Project + Certified
• Certificate #: COMP001006781710
• January 2008
Member, Project Management Institute
(PMI) - May 2007 to Current
Member, Project Management Institute
NC Chapter - May 2007 to Current
Member, Project Management Institute
(PMI) - Information Systems Community of
Practice (PMI) - May 2009 to Current
IT Project Manager II & IT Project Coordinator
Durham, NC • 08/2008 - 07/2011
• Created all required artifacts for projects and
development lifecycles including scope, design
specifications, WBS/milestone planning, financials, resourcing, and communication plan for a myriad of diverse application development and infrastructure projects.
• Defined new features and functions for the EPMO's project management tool (HP PPM).
• Delivered multiple cross-functional projects
simultaneously, while working closely with internal & external stakeholders, vendors and contractors to
establish an effective project team in order to deliver project on time, and on-budget.
08/2007 – 08/2008
Implementation Project Manager
• Scheduled, planned, managed and delivered new
customer installation and upgrade of network security services.
• Developed and deployed a standard project
management methodologies and processes for the
Implementation Project Management and
01/2003 – 05/2007
Reverse Logistics Manager & Demand Manufacturing
• Managed the day-to-day operations of a multimillion- dollar product returns facility for a global supply-chain management company.
• Owned P&L, revenue, forecasting and budget
planning for the reverse logistics and special projects operation.
• Managed facility, operational and client special projects including complete operational process
• Delivered special projects for high profile clients like PALM, SanDisk, Intuit, and EMC on time and with the highest quality possible.
• Produced highly successful special NPI launch plans, process improvement kaizen events and facilitated
quarterly business reviews with key customers.
• Other successes: staff management, staff reductions, budget management and cost reductions, and ISO
9000 adherence and auditing.