Charles (Hua) Jiang
603-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
• Around 6+ years of experience in development of all phases of SDLC including design, development,
testing, implementation and support using Python
• Enhancement, Support and Implementation of
various web, stand-alone, client-server enterprise applications using Python, Django in various
• Experience in developing web-based applications
using Python 2.7/3.0, Django 1.4/1.3, Java,
• Worked on several standard python packages like
Numpy, matPlotLib, Pickle, PySide, Scipy,
WxPython, PyTables and Scikit-learn.
• Expertise in working with different databases like Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL and Good knowledge in
using NoSQL databases MongoDB
• Experienced in installing, configuring, modifying, testing and deploying applications with Apache,
• Hands on experience in working with various Version Control Systems, mostly GIT, CVS and SVN.
• Excellent working knowledge in
UNIX and Linux shell environments
using command line utilities.
• Languages: Python 2.7/3.0,
Java, Shell Script, C++, SQL
• Framework: Django 1.3/1.4
• Database: MySQL, SQL Server,
• Web Technologies: AJAX,
HTML, DHTML, XHTML, XML
• Versioning Tools: Git, SVN,
• Appl/Web servers: Apache,
• Operating systems:
Linux/Unix, MAC OS
M.S. Computer Science, January 2014 - August 2015 GPA: 3.63/4 Rivier University, NH, US
M.S. Electrical Engineering Information, January 2007 - July 2010 GPA: 80/100 Chong Qing University of Posts and Telecommunications, Chongqing, PRC Experience
Google, Sunnyvale, CA Oct 2018 – Now
Responsibilities: Responsible for developing and evolving existing system, responding to user inquiries, troubleshooting technical problems, and resolving data/configuration issues. Require system administration, writing utility scripts, tracking down change history through log analysis, running database queries, and understanding the web application codebase. Work closely with the engineering, QA, and 2
product management teams to collaborate on resolving problems as well as prioritize bug fixes and new development.
• Upload Squarespace logo.SVG using HTML.(go/cider, create new workspace and new CL)
• Add new promotion text for Squarespace using Soy, Python. (code search, promo code location, config location, protoconf.pi )
• Create Squarespace promotion experiment flags using Python. (boq run node, create new workspace and new CL)
• Store experiment on interstitial URL for Squarespace using Java.
• Fetch Interstitial URL for Squarespace using Java.
• Create Unit Test for Squarespace Promo using Java, Python, Soy. (blaze run test, fix bug)
• Change Promo Text and Fixed Bug in Squarespace using using GSS, Soy, HTML. (use scuba.corp.google.com/+id fix ar-XB_chrome android_phone.png, en-XA_chrome-android-tablet.png, chrome-linux.png, safari-ipad, safari-iphone6,ar-SB_ie-win7.png,ar-SB_firefox-linux.png display bug)
• Quick Fixed Squarespace Bug using GSS.
• Create Wix/Squarespace Promo Side-By-Side experiment flags using Python.
• Wix/Squarespace Unit Test using Java, Python.
Worked on Selfservice development of system For Glogou. This included web crawler, data analysis and management.
• Worked on LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PYTHON) architecture.
• Developed entire frontend and backend modules using Python on Django Web Framework.
• Designed and developed data management system using MySQL and Django.
• Developed database layer including Tables and Stored procedures in MYSQL.
• Developed a Front-End GUI as stand-alone Python application.
• Used JSON based and RESTful API for information extraction
• Worked with Marketing and Sales teams to enhance applications to suit their needs
• Debug application deployments on multiple environments.
• Basic flow of Application Search Engine Project (Python, Django, ElasticSearch, MVC, UNIX, SQL) Part one is to demo the capability of django-elasticsearch-dsl, which is able to map django database models to the type of ElasticSearch indice. Part two is use elasticsearch-dsl with existing elasticsearch indices.
• Scrapy_elasticsearch_text_analysis Project(Python, scrapy, goose, textblob, Git, UNIX ) I grab paper from website(https://news.ycombinator.com/newest), analysis sentiment, content save them into elasticsearch server(for search engine database)
China Telecom, Chongqing Jun 2010 – Oct 2012
Worked on 3G resources checking System. China Telecom can search and check BTS, MSC, BSC, update information.
• Responsible for gathering requirements, system analysis, design, development, testing and deployment.
• Scrapy data using Python 2.7.
• Used Django framework for application development.
• Created database-using MySQL, Wrote queries and Django API’s to extract data from database.
• Created specific images using Python Imaging Library for the custom images used for each book.
• Wrote scripts in Python for extracting data.
• Effectively communicated with the external vendors to resolve queries.
• Used Git for the version control.
Environment: Python 2.7, Django 1.4, MySQL, and Linux. Alcate-Lucent, Shanghai May 2007 to Aug 2009
Worked on development of 2G(GSM) handover with 3G(TD-SCDMA) core network system and published a paper(Research of Handover Mechanism between GSM and TD-SCDMA) Responsibilities:
• Designed and developed Use-Case Diagrams, Class Diagrams, and Object Diagrams using UML Rational Rose for OOA/OOD techniques.
• Designed and developed components using C++.
• Implemented database access and data manipulation functions in Oracles Embedded SQL environment using ODBC.
• Interface allows distributed modules of an enterprise system to access databases via HTTP across networks.
• Designed object model, data model, tables, constraints, necessary stored procedures, functions, triggers, and packages for Oracle Database.
• Developed and executed User Acceptance Testing portion of test plan.
• Debugging Software for Bugs.
• Updated Software Version