Architecture, Design and Implementation
Location: Durham, NC 27707
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cell Phone: 843-***-****
Freelance Architect and Designer
March 2019 - Present
Java 8, Spring Boot2, RESTful Services, JPA, Hibernate, and
Developing UI, Restful Services,
Backend and Database for a Complex Hospitality Industry Application.
McKesson Specialty Health
February 2019 to March 2019
Responsibilities: • I've recently completed this AWS Cloud Freelance DR Advisory Position.
• Participate in Agile Ceremonies.
• Create and Test AWS Disaster Recovery.
• Freelance work Modifying CloudFormation, OpsWorks and AWS Services Templates. Working with AWSAdmin Console to Start and Maintain Systems Stacks and AWS Runtime Environment.
MetLife - Cary, NC
August 2018 to November 2018
Responsibilities: • Created Solution Architecture Documents for a number of different Projects supporting the Enterprise Architecture Group.
• Maintaining and Guiding MetLife Architecture and Development to use Reference Architecture and Security Requirement Standards.
• Projects included Cloud Web Components and Services, Artificial Intelligence backed Assessments, Financial Balances and Reconciliation, Eagle Eye Camera Monitoring Security and Access Control System and MetLife Foundation Volunteer Platform.
• Bamboo Solutions Web Page Cloud Based Component Architecture using SharePoint on Microsoft Azure Cloud for Component Deployment.
• ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE(AI) OFFICE ASSISTANT with FIN Exploratory. Architectural Recommendations
Real Time Senior Control Software Engineer
Pegasus Control Software - Myrtle Beach, SC February 2018 to June 2018
Responsibilities: • Developed Real Time Control Software using C++ Development Environment and Complex Programmable Devices.
• Debugged using trace logs and set stepping sequences up to drive the generator's armature in this proprietary hardware driver interface.
• Used React to create UX enhanced Reactive Screens.
• Used Native React to enhance performance.
Technologies Used: C++, C++ Development Environment, C++ Debugger, Log Info, and Oscilliscope.
Solution Architect & Technical Advisor
CSRA/General Dynamics - Bossier City, LA December 2016 to January 2018
Responsibilities: • Software Technical Advisor led a team of four developers using PowerBuilder and an Oracle Database.
• Architected, Designed, and Developed a TSA Clear Application Middleware containing RESTful Services and built to run on AWS utilizing EC2, S3, EMR, Lambda, Athena, and Elasticsearch.
• Technical Point of Contact Developing, Administering and Maintaining a "Keep'm Flying" mentality for Business Internal 2 and 3 Tier Applications running on Macs Windows and AWS environments, Angular2 Development of Internal Project, Internal Apps using Angular 2 JS, and Angular 5 with Bootstrap JS.
Microservices Development round trip to Database via Jooq returning to Angular 2 Services, Wrote Proposal for Smart Application STATE DEPT.
• Actively involved in analysis, detail design, development, bug fixing and enhancement in Agile methodology.
• Designed, developed and maintained the data layer using Hibernate and performed configuration of Spring Application framework.
• Angular 4 also used in a Prototype for feasibility of use study. Upgraded Applications using the latest versions of Angular • US NAVY developed Courses application in JBoss Developer Studio Version
11.0.0.GA using JSF, RichFaces, Spring Boot, JAVA SE 8, Enterprise Application Platform (EAP), JBoss Tools featuring Visual Page Editor Hibernate and Oracle 11.
• Developed single page application using ReactJS and NodeJS.
• Configured development environment using WebSphere application server for developer's integration testing.
• Proficient in SQL and wrote Stored Procedures, Triggers besides writing DDL, DML and transaction queries with development tools like TOAD • Mulesoft ESB - created Prototype using the Graphic Process Flow Editor, created RESTful APIs with RAML, implented Process Flows consisting of ESB SOA patterns supporting Routing, Filtering, and Transformations.
• Used Ruby on Rails to Prototype Navy Project's Screens. Demoed Behavior and Look and Feel via Ruby on Rails.
• Used AWS EC2, S3, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancer Route53 and other AWS to stand up DHS HART Biometrics Application.
• Involved in implementing the Micro Services based on Restful API utilizing Spring Boot with Spring MVC.
• Utilized Selenium WebDriver to programmatically exercise screens. Automated tests were created to test screen components and drive functionality in Automated UI Tests.
Angular JS, Angular 2/4/5, Spring, MVC, Oracle 11g, TOAD, HTML, XML, SVN, Node JS, React JS to Prototype
the Department of State Proposal's Screens Ruby on Rails to Prototype Navy Project's Screens, Bootstrap 3.0, Visual Studio Editor, Websphere Application Server.
Architect, Designer, and Implementer
Lexis Nexis - Raleigh, NC
April 2016 to August 2016
Responsibilities: • Created Java Stored Procedure Wrappers, Removal of Identity Manager • Migrated LDAP Interface methods for Oracle IAM - modified OID to an Oracle DB-Oracle SQL and Stored Procedures.
• SAML SSO Implementation, Java Version 8 Eclipse Mars & SOAP UI, Team Foundation Repository •Involved in writing Stored Procedures for handling complex queries with help of TOAD and access them through Java Programs.
• Mulesoft ESB - used Anypoint Studio to develop Mule Flows, Used jBPM Workflow Management to control deployments, Amazon AWS and Linux Commands.
• Created APIs using Swagger and Mulesoft RAML with Service Mocking. Included installation,
Configuration and Deployment of Mulesoft Software. API Management as needed in Deployment. Technologies used: Java, JSF, JSP, Servlets, Struts, Backing Beans Bus Layer, JPA, Jscript, Hibernate 3.0, Node JS, spring, MVC, HTML, XML, Eclipse.
Architect, Dev Ops, and Big Data Architect
First Tennessee Bank - Nashville, TN January 2016 to May 2016
Responsibilities: • Architected and Designed Server dubbed the MIDDLEMAN Project consisting of Node JS, Hadoop with the Hadoop File System (HDFS) and MongoDB, Used Drools Engine for Rules Management (BRMS).
• Node JS, Hadoop, MongoDB, Mongoose, DEVOPS Engineer Jenkins Builds & Deploys • Used Eclipse as JAVA IDE tool for creating various J2EE artifacts like Servlets, JSP's and XML.
• Used Spring Framework for dependency injection for Action classes using Application Context XML file.
• Used JBPM Workflow Management to control builds & deployments, Maintenance, Database
Corrections, Performance Architecture Recommendations, Performance Testing & Enhancements
Garbage Collection Tuning on Linux and WebSphere JVMs
Full Stack Lead Developer and ESB Developer
Fidelity Investments - Durham, NC
August 2015 to November 2015
• WSO2 ESB Sequence Creation, Mulesoft ESB - used Anypoint Studio to develop Mule Flows Developed Java
Class Mediator • Created Test Data, Performance Test Scenerios • Tools: Dynatrace, JMeter, Unix Commands,
Designed Keystroke Capture and Playback Tools • To mimic Robotic Users. Used this tool to Group User Functional
Day-In-The-Life Scenerios • Created an Xpath Transformer Schema, Code Reviews, coding using Eclipse, Git, Stash, Source Tree and SOAP Web Services. API Development and Mocking to support using Rest API while backend services were being developed RESTful WEB SERVICES created for a DHS Biometrics Application featuring Facial Recognition, Iris Recognition and an advanced fingerprinting match Framework all running On the Amazon AWS Cloud.
HTML, XML, Websphere, Oracle
Senior Architect, Senior Designer and Developer
Bank of America - Charlotte, NC
September 2014 to August 2015
Responsibilities: • Created UI using AngularJS, Bootstrap CSS and MVC Controlled Backend Used DAO for Database Access.
• Enhanced and Maintained Everest Portfolio Management and Portfolio Relationship Portal.
• Developed Screens in Financial Risk Analysis Portal using Sencha EXT-JS Version 4.0 • Used python UI Tk Development Kit to develop Python UI.
• Used AngularJS for UI Development creating Enhancements and correction of bugs.
• Highly used Angular 2 Router to build single page applications for navigation through the different status and multiple modals • Designed and Implemented UI NAICS Search using Checked Tree Panel, SuperBoxSelect.js, and ComboBox.js featuring Interactive functionality to/from Tree Panel and Suggestion Box • Used JBOSS Drools Rule Expert Rules Manager, jBPM & Eclipse Plugin created Workflow and BPMN2 for Process Definition, Created a Tomcat Application in Java, Jersey RESTful Services.
• Ran Stand Alone running on Jenkins and UI Web Based using Tomcat Server, AngularJS, and BootstrapJS.
• Used Subversion for version control.
• Implemented Role Based Access Control Security including Database tables, Added Concurrency Control via multi-threading and Synchronization.
• Involved in Requirements gathering and analyzing the requirements of the client and the flow of the application as well as the application Framework.
• Added new features like database tables and update database tables for Oracle database wrote DDL and DML files, Using SQL set up procedures.
• Reverse Engineered Python Application to create Java Based Replacement for Release Management Validation Suite • Used Anypoint Studio to develop Mule Flows based on the Enterprise Integration Patterns
Technologies used: Java, JSF, JSP, Servlets, Struts, Bootstrap, Eclipse, Hibernate 3.0, spring, MVC, HTML, Tomcat, Websphere, Oracle.
UI/UX and Medicaid Consultant
SC DHHS - Columbia, SC
April 2014 to September 2014
Responsibilities: • Designed the user interface screen and its functionality as per user requirements and developed RESTful Web services in MuleESB based on Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). • Mulesoft Service Buss developed services using SOAP and deployed to the Mulesoft Enterprise
Service Buss (ESB), Created UI POC using GWT Development Environment, Presented findings to Management.
• Mulesoft ESB - evaluated Mulesoft Anypoint Studio to determine ease of use while developing Mule Flows or Process Flows for Oracle Service Buss, AWOS2 Service Buss and Mulesoft. Critiqued each for ease of use with regard to Administration • Developed database objects like tables, views, stored procedures, indexes. • Reviewed Architecture and made Recommendations for changes, Created UI Wireframes and
Interactive Prototypes for four Interactive Prototype Screens using Axure RP Pro for SC DHHS Medicaid Replacement Project, Developed User Interface using AngularJS, Kendo UI, and Bootstrap.CSS.
• Created Reference Data Screens, Menu, List, Add Reference Code, and Edit Reference Code using AngularJS, KendoUI Grid and DropDownList Components, AngularJS Forms, and Bootstrap.CSS, Created Mock Mulesoft Mule Service with Mock Data returned via REST API.
Technologies used: Java, JSF, JSP, Servlets, Struts, Backing Beans Bus Layer, OSB, JPA, TOAD, Angular JS, Bootstrap, Hibernate 3.0, Eclipse, spring, MVC, HTML
Architect, Smart GWT & Jasper Dashboard Designer and Implementer
Performance Indicators Displayed Auto Pick Warehouse Management Dashboard - Newport News, VA April 2013 to March 2014
Responsibilities: • Actively involved in analysis, detail design, development, bug fixing and enhancement in Agile methodology • Architected, Designed, and Implemented per requirements an Executive Dashboard containing Graphical and Number Quick Glance Decision Widgets based on SmartGWT Version 4.0 Portlet technology •
Responsible for the Architecture, Design, Implementation and Test of the Performance Indicators Displayed Auto
• Taught and Mentored Enterprise Architecture to Fedex, LC Industries, etc. creating an Enterprise Database sharing Enterprise Information across Departments in the Enterprise.
• Application Development Solutions, Used JBOSS Drools Rule Expert Rules Manager, JBPM & Eclipse Plugin created Workflow and BPMN2 for Process Definition, Prototyped the Dashboard using Ruby On Rails to see its effectiveness, Developed Ad Hoc Query Report Generation Subsystem Prototype. • Reverse engineered Perl Scripts used in version 1 Dashboard. The Dashboard I worked on was the second version. The second version was developed in Java instead of php. The php used Perl Scripts to gather data for the original Dashboard version.
• Used REST to access some services. Both POST and GET methods were implemented for various server side invocations, Database Modelling, Creation of Logical and Physical Data Models, Data Location Distribution across Application's DB Servers, Caching.
• Dashboard included Jasper Dynamic Reports based Ad Hoc Reporting functionality using My-SQL Database to create a Logical and Physical Data Model for the My-SQL centric Dashboard Database • Created various services including Database JDBC Access services.
• Used SmartGWT Visual Builder to auto-create Data Source definitions, SmartClient Components such as ListGrid,
ListGrid Records and Portlets, Used JReport Designer to include Data Source, Queries, and Business Views for • Reporting Subsystem allowing easy end user designed reports, Added Jasper
Reporting Subsystem as an alternate low cost solution for the Dashboards' • Used MQ Series for a Communications Channel for Urgent Backend Notifications.
• Reporting Subsystem, Using Single Sign-on allowed users to transparently access the Reporting
Subsystem from the Dashboard. Single Sign-on with Ad Hoc Query Report Generator built into the
Dashboard, Saved Development Money using Rapid
Technologies used: Java, JSF, JSP, Servlets, Struts, JPA, Hibernate 3.0, Eclipse, spring, MVC, HTML, MY SQL, Jasper Reports, Websphere.
GWTP MVP User Interface Version 2.4 Consultant
Delta Airlines - Atlanta, GA
April 2012 to February 2013
• Made recommendations on look-and-feel and Performance changes.
• Performance Analysis performed by adding Timing Probes at strategic locations in the code and to determine where time was being spent in the round-trip of view rendering and determined Templates would need to be rewritten to gain performance improvements.
• Recommended lazy screen creation and loading when each as action is performed by the user upon request of screen display, Performance analysis and recommended improvements.
• System Wide Solution Architecture Changes to make the application perform well and make it more easily maintainable Common Component Creation and Integration • Architected a Generic Solution for
Popup Panels used in Same Day Travel App
ILog JRules Developer
IBM - Research Triangle Park, NC
January 2012 to April 2012
Responsibilities: • Researched Web Application JRules Integration, Created Rule Project using JRules Rule Studio. • Performed Database Modelling, Creation of Logical and Physical Data Models, Data Location
Distribution across Application's DB Servers, Caching, and Created Business Rules using IBM iLog JRules, Created Rule Flow, Debugged Rule Flow, tested • JRules on using Decision Validation Services, and Deployed Rule Project to the Rule Execution Server Published Rule Project on the Rule Team Server.
• Managed, Validated, Monitored, and Audited Rules from the Rule Team Server, Supported jBPM app for BPMN • Used JMS based on MQ Series for inter-process messaging communications.
Gwt MVP UI Designer & Developer
Elavon - Knoxville, TN
July 2011 to December 2011
User Interface Solution Architect
Responsibilities: • Provided Mentoring and Advice on using GWT Version 2.3 used with UIBinder.
• Enterprise Architecture, Design, and Development.
• Created prototype using Smart GWT Version 3.0 for evaluation purposes. Tested SmartGWT MVC, Data Access, and its Local and Remote DataSource binding and configuration capabilities.
• Made recommendation on Development and Design Patterns using Generic Patterns of Design and Implementation reducing Design and Development costs.
• Implemented Persistence layer using Hibernate to interact with the MySQL database and performed CRUD (Create, Read, Update, and Delete) operations.
• Designed and Implemented a Merchant Credit Card Processing Form-like application using Java, J2EE, Hibernate, spring, MySql and Oracle using Rational Software Architect IDE, Used IBM iLog JRules for Credit Application Acceptance Criteria Rules Implementation.
• Created Web Services for City and State lookup by Zip Code, Bank Name lookup by Routing Number and Costco Merchant Membership Info lookup, Integrated WebSphere App. Server Web Application into Liferay Portal.
• Created ANT Build File and Tested Build and Deployment of the Portal Application.
Technologies used: Java MQ Series, JSF, JSP, Servlets, SQL Developer, Struts, RSA, JPA, Eclipse, Spring, MVC, HTML, Websphere Application Server.
UI Solutions Architect
Sensus - Morrisville, NC
December 2010 to June 2011
Responsibilities: • Control and Monitoring System for Street Lighting, Electric Grids and Electric, Water and Gas Meters.
• Architected RNI 3.1 Common Control Framework Web Based UI, Discovered UI Patterns of Reusability, Used iLog JRules for Billing rules definition and implementation.
• Used Camel ESB for Event Processing, Identified Reusable Widgets and Panels, Designed and Implemented jQuery Plug-Ins, Designed and Implemented jQuery Widgets and Panels.
• Designed and Implemented Highcharts Graphs and Charts, MVC Control based on Struts2,
Application runs on Tomcat Version 6.0 • Java/Web Service Development, Used Hadoop Distributed File
System for Storage and Operating on Big Data, Business Analyst met with Users to discuss Business Processes, Developed Perl scripts to drive the ETL, Reverse engineered and maintained existing perl scripts used for ETL • Acted as a Business Analyst collected Business Requirements for the Application being created.
• Architected, Designed and Implemented Locates Application using Flash/Flex, Rich Web 2.0 UI, WebLogic and Axis Web Services, deployed to SunOS Linux • Architected Database and Data Structure using Object Modelling approach • Added code to Money Market application, Performed Database Modelling, Creation of Logical and Physical Data Models, Data Location Distribution across Application's DB Servers, and Caching • Modified Coherence based Applications; Code invoked Web Services using complex table joins for Sybase data selects,
Used Sybase for table generation and population. Used BCP Bulk Loader • Created Axis Web Service for gathering Trade and Monetary historical information. Web Services based on WSDL definitions, created various Java applications • Deployed code to UNIX servers and WebLogic App Server, Mentored on GWT Development.
• ETL (extract, transform, and load) extracting data from a source applications database transforming it to the requirements of the destination application and loading it into the destination application's database.
• Used PHP to develop interactive web application for buy/sell decisions, migrated applications to use the Oracle
Database and Coherence Distributed cache • Created data exchange application using WebLogic J2EE and Web Services, Security Services were built into Web Service Data Exchanges. • Source Code was maintained in Subversion repository accessed via Tortoise User Interface for subversion.
Technologies used: Java/PHP, JSF, JSP, Servlets, Struts, SQL Developer, WSDL, UNIX, spring, MVC, HTML, SVN
Senior Software Consultant
ACN - Concord, NC
September 2009 to December 2009
Responsibilities: • Architected, Designed and Implemented Web 2.0 UI using the Google Web Toolkit (GWT and EXT). Implemented code in Presentation, Business and Data Layers, Business Analyst met with Users to discuss Business Processes.
• As a Business Analyst collected Business Requirements for the Application being created.
• Created SQL Scripts to make various Data Corrections to the Telecommunications Order Processing and Billing Databases, Automated Order Processing for Telecommunications Order Entry and Fulfilment using php language for interactive dynamic web application.
• Guided and Mentored Junior Level Developers with Development Process. Created Java Code and Ant Build Scripts for Automated Nightly Builds. Architected Solutions to current problems, heavily used XSLT to perform rules based transformations.
Technologies used: Java, JSF, JSP, Backing Beans Bus Layer, JPA, Hibernate 3.0, Spring, MVC
Senior Architect & Software Consultant
Bank of America - Charlotte, NC April 2009 to August 2009
Responsibilities: • Architected, Design, and Implemented Web 2.0 Application using Flash/Flex for the User interface. Application provided functionality for a Financial Market Risk Analysis System.
• WebLogic Portal Development. Developed various portlets as plug-in web components to the Portlet Container. • Modified Build Scripts adding dependency checks to determine which source code to rebuild. • Evolved J2EE EJB Application modifying an existing application to an improved application with enhanced workflow.
• Set up a Distributed Cache and Computing Framework based on the Synapse GridServer technology.
Created a working prototype with concurrently running Risk Management • Distributed Calculations. This solution consisted of running jobs across processors contained process execution task splits and joins. This application consisted of WebLogic App. Server, spring, and Hibernate components accessing an Oracle 10 Database.
• Set up Cruise Control Continuous Integration Build Environment, Created Flex Test Clients. Modified Sever side services for Flex and Flex Data Binding, IBatis Data Layer Construction and Testing, Junit and Cactus Local and Remote Testing, Helix Workflow and Bus. Process Engineering Language Technologies used: Java/J2EE, JSF, EJB, JSP, Backing Beans Bus Layer, JPA, Oracle 10, Spring, IBatis, WebLogic Application Server.
ECommerce Web Architect
LC Industries Inc - Research Triangle Park, NC June 2008 to February 2009
Responsibilities: • Used JBOSS Drools (aka jRules) Rules System for Applications' Business Logic and jBPM to create the Workflow to define the Process. Used BPMN XML to refine Process Definition. • SalesForce used for CRM, Architect and Lead Developer over four consultants for Development Life cycle.
• Performed multiple roles including Business Analyst, Database Architect, and Data Modeller, created Physical Database. As a Data Architect create the Logical and Physical Data Model, Created a Content Management subsystem as part of the eCommerce Application.
• Enterprise Architect and System Database Department Integration Usage to track orders among Business Channel Product Suppliers, Purchasing, Order Tracking and Order Fulfilment.
• Architected and Designed LC Industries BuyLCI eCommerce Web Site Multi-vendor, Web 2.0 based Ecommerce system, MVC, Microsoft's SQL Server Database Server, Web Services using SOAP UI tool, Apache Drools Engine and Development Environment.
• Enhanced the JSP Standard Tag Library by adding tags streamlining the development of the JSP Application. Used the tag library to solve simple repetitive processing that would have to otherwise be coded each and every time the functionality was required • Utilized IBM WebSphere Application and WebSphere Commerce Enterprise Suite, IBM WebSphere Commerce provided most of the infrastructure for eCommerce Store • Used Spring MVC based on Struts 2 Model, Created Users, Roles, and UI Screens to map Users to Roles and Roles to Functions, Promoted Marketing Campaigns, Discount Programs, and Customer Personalization via the easy to use IBM WebSphere Commerce suite of enabling software.
Technologies used: Java, JSF, JSP, Backing Beans Bus Layer, JPA, Hibernate 3.0, Spring MVC, IBM Websphere Application Server, IBM Websphere Commerce Enterprise Suite, SQL Server.
Cormine Intelligent Data - Suffolk, VA April 2008 to July 2008
Project: GWT with Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing
Responsibilities: • Provided consulting services including review of the current code, current code file structure, and current flow-of-control model. Architected, Designed and Developed GWT Web 2.0 Web Data Search Engine and UI Panels.
• Real Time Screen and Controller generation via Struts, DHTML, Java, and Servlets, Suggested the HSQLDB in-memory database to hold and order real-time view data • Used MQ Series messaging for Error and Status Notifications • Used Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing to dissect web based data to create advanced search mechanisms providing intelligent search functionality to the Government.
• Created Preprocessor Replacement Items Screen, Created Preprocessor Stop Words Screen,
Created Preview Preprocessor Changes Screen. Added Buttons to Toolbar to provide functionality to
Commit Changes and Discard Changes, User Interface (UI) • Development based on Human Factors Engineering
(HFE) was used on real-time screens developed for the government • Created complete round trip code including UI, Services, and Spring 2.0 generated DAOs. Technologies used: Java MQ Series, Servlets, JSF, JSP, Hibernate 3.0, spring, MVC
Lead UI Developer
JDS Uniphase Inc. - Morrisville, NC October 2006 to April 2008
Responsibilities: • Lead Meeting with other Product Area UI Architects. Set Corporate UI Architectural Diction. Lead Migration to JBoss Portal creating a Unified Approach for next generation Corporation's
Umbrella Flagship Application, • Designed, Developed, and Maintained Application Configuration
Code which ran on the UI using a mix of Python and HTML, Lead UI Architect of the JDSU Corporate
Architecture Team. Championed the use of JBoss Portal, Seam, Java Server Faces (JSF), RichFaces, JBoss Developer Studio, Ajax enabled components and the JBoss App Server for the new NetComplete Application, J2EE Application Prototyping using WebSphere Studio Application Developer (WSAD).
• Led the NetComplete UI Architecture Team in the direction of Service Oriented Architecture using J2EE and Web Based Application technologies including Struts and RAD Development using WSAD Built-ins to minimize mundane development.
• Created an Enterprise Level Architecture Flagship Product to integrate Exercisers into JBoss Portal fora Common Look and Feel, Single Sign On and Personalization.
• Implemented Enterprise Service Bus using Tomcat Servlets to satisfy Ajax and DHTML Service Requirements.
• Architected Database supporting above application, Modified Python Scripts for Support Updates. Technologies Used: Java/J2EE, JSF, RAD, WSAD, JBOSS, Tomcat, Struts, HTML, XML, Ajax, CSS Jboss Developer Studio.
Associates Degree - Computer Science Programmimg
Branch: United States Air Force Rank: SGT.