Monique L. Chouinard
CORPORATE OVERVIEW – ADMINISTRATIVE/EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT A motivated and results-oriented administrative professional with over 25 years of experience in various administrative roles. Highly-refined attention to detail and the ability to proofread and format compelling documentation. Able to efficiently and effectively support senior executives, and to interact with clients, team members, and suppliers. Consistently prioritizes and multi-tasks in order to complete assignments on time and on budget. Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills, critical thinking skills, as well as the ability to work independently or as an integral part of a team. Areas of strength:
• MS Office
• Adobe Creative Cloud
• Customer Service
• Calendar Management
• Travel Arrangement
• Office Technology
Genstar Development Company 2016 – 2018
Provided support to the President, Vice President and Development Managers in various ways including, but not limited to the following:
• Prepared documents (Master Development Agreements, Interim Indemnity Agreements, Special Clauses etc.) for execution by management.
• Created documentation necessary for legal department to formulate Restrictive Covenants for all community phases.
• Generated and tracked Letters of Intent, price lists, marketing maps and Purchase & Sale Agreements for execution by builders and Genstar management.
• Tracked all Construction Completion Certificates and Final Acceptance Certificates issued by the City of Calgary for all communities under development.
• Orchestrated a Stampede party for over 200 guests.
• Organized travel arrangements (flights, accommodation, vehicle rentals) for senior management for all Canadian and US travel.
• Completed expense reports for management.
• Updated sales and marketing, management and operations meeting minutes.
• Tracked all corporate approvals of Preliminary and Final Cost Estimates.
• Generated marketing/collateral materials (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and negotiated print and other media costs.
FLOW Creative 2010 - 2018
As owner of and designer for Flow Creative, secured meaningful relationships with a variety of clients, produced compelling marketing materials in mediums such as print, radio, television and outdoor advertising campaigns.
• Under contract with a local children’s book author, provided creative concepts and computer generated finished artwork for book covers, Copy editing, proofreading, and creation of a 2-year marketing/promotional plan for two children’s books which were published in August 2014.
• Under contract with Summit Signs, provided project management/coordination, computer generated finished artwork and print/installation of 5 large sign cans for retail outlet in Calgary, Alberta.
• Under contract with the Stoney Nakoda Resort & Casino in Morley, Alberta, worked with their marketing department and general manager to create and implement the 2012/2013 Advertising and Promotional Plan. This involved a range of duties, some of which included: creation and typesetting of the plan (including all budgets), all media negotiations including radio, television, print (offset and web), direct mail preparation, postage and distribution, directional signage, highway signage including billboards (production and installation). Computer generated finished artwork for local newspaper ads, direct mail campaign elements, on-site signage, and contest materials.
• Under contract with Instalogic, generated all Copy and computer generated finished artwork for a corporate presentation folder, cut sheets and Brand Standards Manual for Global Steel.
• Under contract with CIR Realty, generated all Copy and computer generated finished artwork for a Brand Identity Marketing Manual.
Stagewest Hospitality Ltd. (Mayfield Consulting) 2011 - 2013 Office Manager
Organized and coordinated office operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. Responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, and document creation.
• Responsible for counting all cash and preparing deposits for the Bank on 8th Nightclub; one of Stagewest's properties.
• Reconciled Food & Beverage accounts for Violino's Gastronomia; another of Stagewest's properties.
• Researched and arranged all Canadian and International travel and accommodation requirements for the President and Chief Financial Officer.
• Key contact for all mobile devices company-wide. With 8 properties owned/managed by Stagewest, the number of devices and plans numbered in the hundreds. Responsible for arranging all roaming and long-distance requirements for travel to the US and abroad.
• Proofreading of all correspondence and Copy used in advertising as well as the annual marketing and communications plans and budgets from all Stagewest owned and managed properties.
• Creative Director overseeing the marketing for the Bank Nightclub including all stationery, signage, menus, VIP lists and promotional items.
• Worked with all properties’ Food & Beverage, lodging and casinos to create impactful marketing materials and events.
Stone Creek Resorts Inc. 2005 - 2010
Assistant to the Vice President of Marketing
Managed a high-volume of graphic design and print production, supervision of art department work flow and trafficking creative assets for print and digital advertising.
• Advanced experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Responsible for media research, negotiation and buys for all local, regional, national and international online and print advertising.
• Played a key role in the successful launch of a $1.5 billion Italian villa-style resort development and luxury destination club.
• Developed and enforced brand positioning for key company product/service offerings.
• Responsible for direct mail fulfillment, tracking, summarizing and reporting results.
• Current on all Adobe design and pre-press software, printing methods and materials.
• Responsible for graphic design, production co-ordination and supervision of all advertising and collateral materials for the recruitment, food and beverage, golf, events and real estate departments of two, five-star golf resorts: Silvertip in Canmore, Alberta and Eagle Ranch in Invermere, BC.
• Established and tracked advertising/marketing budgets for both resorts.
• Produced and maintained directional and informational signage and pageantry systems for both Silvertip and Eagle Ranch Golf Resorts.
• Press-checked projects, as required, to ensure quality and accuracy. Powerlines Strategic Marketing & Communications Ltd. 1993 - 2005 Office Administrator/Production Manager
Created compelling materials for various clients and managed extensive campaigns in order to achieve meaningful and impactful messaging resulting in the achievement of strategically planned goals.
• Worked as a team member with the entire staff of this fast-paced, full-service advertising agency; completed multiple projects for a wide variety of clients, on time and on budget.
• Produced computer generated finished artwork for all projects completed in-house.
• Proofread, at all stages, copy and layout development for all print production materials from rough draft to completion.
• Negotiated paid media, public service announcements and bonus spots/insertions. Orchestrated prompt delivery of broadcast quality materials to television and radio stations in large media runs.
• Maintained television/radio materials libraries and voice talent banks.
• Opened, maintained, summarized and billed all financial dockets and projects. Processed all purchase orders and invoices both incoming and outgoing.
• Produced all materials including: Copy, credential documents, communications and marketing plans, strategic analyses, press releases, traffic reports, contact reports, estimates, invoices, letters, and proposals.
• Mocked up ideas/storyboards for presentation.
• Communicated with television and radio stations, outdoor media suppliers and various print publications.
Centre for Distance Education (CDED) 2014 - 2015
Graphic Design Diploma (98.9%)
Athabasca University 2002 - 2008
Administration 232 (92.8%)
English 255 (95.5%)
Interpersonal Communications 243 (97%)
Philosophy 252 (92%)
• Actively contributed to the Calgary Chamber of Commerce President’s Cup Challenge initiative. Worked with a team of high-profile business leaders in an effort to “build business community” through the introduction of networking events, which resulted in increased Chamber memberships.
• Participated on the steering committee that was responsible for the re-establishment of working Carillon Bells in the Calgary Tower.
• Played a key role on the committee responsible for raising funds for the Calgary Police Service HAWCS Helicopter. Worked hands-on producing memorial binders for the Calgary Police Service in honor of fallen police officer, Constable Richard Sonnenberg.