JACQUELYN M LYONS-HEFFERNAN
Accounting Professional with 11 years of experience, helping companies reach their goals, through an engineering background and the use of generally accepted accounting principles(GAAP). SKILL SET
• Monthly Closing & Completion of Financial Statements • Statement Billings/Invoicing
• Generation of Financial Reports & Comparatives • Accounts Payable & Receivable
• Confidential Client Relations & Customer Service • Cost Accounting & Payroll
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, Netsuite, JD Edwards • POS & Account Reconciliations
• Create Editable PDF’s & Document Procedures • Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP’s EXPERIENCE
Whitinsville Golf Club, Whitinsville, MA
Assistant Treasurer Private Golf Course 03/2014 to 12/2018
• Transformed all paper accountancy to digital using spreadsheets and reports.
• Prepare Monthly Financials with Comparatives for the Board of Governors.
• Prepare Journal Entries & Reconcile Ledger Accounts,
• Manage Account Receivable & Payables & Payroll sent to a third party company.
• Prepare Audit documents for CPA Firm.
• Monthly Invoicing of 350 members & Online payment of State & Municipal Tax to the Commonwealth.
• Spearheaded on-line emailing of Monthly Invoices & Payment System for members to pay their invoices thru an on-line interface.
• Manage Customer Service for members & Human Resources for employees.
• Facilitated QuickBooks online transition from desktop version and added transfer utility to move Golf Now transactions to QB.
• Create editable PDF’s using MSWord with knowledge of Visual Basic, Pivot tables, v-Lookups. Victory Productions, Worcester, MA
Assistant Bookkeeper Content Development Company serving major Educational Publisher’s 04/2013 – 02/2014
• QuickBooks, Account Receivable & Payables, Created Payment Schedules, Open Purchase Orders & Cost Reports. MIAA/MSSAA, Franklin, MA
Account Receivables Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association sponsoring 377 schools 09/2010 – 07/2012
• Journal Entries in Microsoft Solomon/Dynamics, Account reconciliations, Managed Income Accounts thru Access Database, Collections, Invoicing 500 accounts using Access, Set up & documented Panini check-to-bank scanner, Reported income margins utilizing Excel & Wrote Document procedures for production and auditors. Dean Foods, Franklin. MA
Cost Accountant Manufacturer of Dairy Products/Fortune 500 Company 05/2008 – 06/2009
• Reported Monthly Cost against standard variances of inter-company dairy products for Livonia, Michigan and O’Fallon, Illinois manufacturing plants. Evaluated cost variances for Plant Management using JD Edwards.
• Document development including Bill of Materials, cost distribution rates, standard cost, formula changes, monitoring and reporting of variances & a Milk Accrual worksheet using Excel & Customer Pricing forms.
• Calculated & submitted monthly Milk Administration Report for the USDA. MIS Training, Framingham, MA
Staff Accountant Seminar Training Services 09/2007 – 06/2008
• Journal Entries, Reconciliations, Product Costing, Account Receivables, Month End Closings, Collections & Bank Deposits. Engineering Jobs prior to Accounting: Boston Scientific(Associate Engineer), Texas Instruments(R&D engineering), Adcole(Aerospace Technician), Doble Engineering, C & M Corp, MicroE EDUCATION
2002-2007 Worcester State College - Bachelors of Science in Business: Accounting Graduated May07, Magna Cum Laude Present Enrolled in Master’s Degree program, accounting concentration readying for CPA certification. Graduating 2019. 1999 Worcester Polytechnic Institute – Client Server Certificate: Database Design, Visual Basic, Access, Crystal Reports