Please accept my application.
As a member of a team we established a small company designed to perform international trade with the Middle East area; at the time, we were at the forefront of international business in Oregon. We quickly found the need for developing training programs to help other businesses be succeed in international trade. We developed a training program which gave executives the correct way to conduct business in the Middle East area and beyond. The course covered the intricacies, barriers and opportunities of international business. The Company and the program were very successful.
In IT business, I worked many companies establish their IT infrastructure, and making the IT as a resource rather that expenditure. Clients included newspapers, utilities, banking, accounting, engineering, and local and federal government. My team was selected to supply technology to the scientific operations that worked on Chernobyl nuclear disaster. I have also worked in the personnel part of the business, I worked with companies to hire staff for either temporary or permanent projects. I, also managed all aspect of business from hiring, training and developing human capital to ensure the success of the customers, the company and the employees individually and collectively. I created an culture conducive to success, growth and effectiveness. The company sales grew with its commitments to excellence in providing products and services to our customers.
Additionally, I served as a Co-Chairman of 2 charities, I gained experience in Grants giving for employment training, Medical Research, Hospice Programs, Education Programs, Children with Cancer research and treatment among others.
As and American with Lebanese Heritage, I continue to maintain strong contacts in the Middle East area, including Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE and other countries. Many of my contacts hold critical and decisive positions within the public and private sectors throughout the area.
I am confident that my experience, background, knowledge of the area as well as my contacts in the area will beneficial in expanding the scope of your operations.
I look forward to your call to discuss a mutually beneficial working relationship.
Career Summary Accomplished leader with over 20 years’ experience in Management, Sales, Marketing, Leadership, Change Management, IT Management, Human Capital Ma and Leading Teams to Success.
Skills & Abilities • Client Management • Business Development • Human Resources Management
• Relationship Building • Revenue Growth • Sales Direction
• B2B Sales • Training/Mentoring • Business processes
• Marketing Strategies • IT management • Database Architecture
• Project Management • System Engineering • Service Management
• Multilingual in English, French and Arabic.
Experience 03/2013– Present
Management and IT Consultant, IA Consulting
• Spearhead transformation and change in client work environment toward more profitability and market exposure; while helping maintain continuity and smooth operations.
• Oversee the Management, design and implement database system to track sales, quotations and activities. The system can be accesses both locally and remotely with all the necessary security in place to prevent unauthorized use of the system.
• Led the creation of Data management system that saved a client 25% of the cost of production while increasing the efficiency by over 33%.
• Directed the increase in efficiency by streamlining technology and its applications.
• Oversee the design and implementation of WANs and LANs.
• Successfully grew a business at 19% year over year.
• Establish procedures and processes that caused significant cost reduction and improved performance.
• Substantial Improvement in communication and efficiency between departments, and significant Reduction in redundancy and task repetitions.
06/1995 – 02/2013
Chief Operating Officer, Fore Ware, Inc.
• Successfully manage the company and help it grow from startup.
• Hire and develop many members of the staff that were promoted to higher position.
• Manage the development of proactive strategies to increase sales, distribution and marketing, and address improving customer service and problem-solving strategies.
• Guide the creation and implementation of training programs for the employees.
• Head the design, blue printing and creation of applications for various business operations with built in documents and employees management.
• Champion change as required by the business environment and operations.
• Manage the design, processes, testing and quality control of software and hardware deliverable.
•Lead Project Development and Management insuring successful implementation on time and under budget.
• Successfully managed the company’s budget and made sure that the operations were performing the best levels of efficiency and effectiveness.
• Direct the negotiations of agreements with private and public sectors locally and internationally.
• Continually met and exceed the goals that we set for the company.
01/1992 – 05/1995
West Coast Region Manager, Datronics, OR
• Facilitate and establish the Portland office as the company's West Coast hub of operations.
• Run and Assist in planning the portfolio growth through the development of a business plan consistent with overall management objectives.
• Manage 45 staff members of HR, sales and marketing of consulting services to various industry leaders in the West Coast region.
• Provide premier client service by developing customer relationships; Focus on client needs and performance, and profitability.
• Provide talent that fit closely the clients’ requirement. Many of our staff on contract at the clients became permanent employees at request of the clients’. List of Clients include Nike, First Interstate Bank, PG & E, Consolidate Freightways, Wells Fargo Bank, US Bancorp, Mazda America among others.
• Exceed sales goals set by the company.
Education 06/1981 Portland State University – Portland, OR – Bachelor Mathematics
Communication In early 1980s, Author a booklet on International Trade; the Benefits and the Challenges. Conduct seminars, the booklet and the seminars met with great success and were used by many venturing in trade especially in the Middle East area.
Leadership Co-Chair of OCSO, a charity conducting ski events and collecting money for Cancer research, Hospice and education.
Communication Chair for BIST, a charity that trained physically injured and handicapped people to become productive members of society by providing them with IT training and placing them back in the work force.
Member of Habitat for Humanity.