Suvarchala Devi Chavva
Binghamton University, State University of New York, Watson School of Engineering May 2019
Master of Science in Computer Science Overall GPA: 3.66/4.00
Sastra University, Thanjavur, Tamilnadu, India May 2015
B.E. Electronics and Communication Engineering Overall GPA: 3.80/4.00 Dean’s List: May 2013 - May 2015
Algorithms - Programming languages - Computer Architecture and Organization - Programming Systems & Tools - Computer Networks - Operating Systems - Data Structures - Design Patterns (OOP) - Adv Topics in Cloud Computing
Languages: Java (Proficient), Python (Intermediate), C(Intermediate), C++, R (Basic), Node.js
Software and OS: Linux, GitHub, xv6, Windows, Eclipse, Visual Studio, MATLAB, Vim
Front end/Database: SAP Basis(Proficient),SAP R/3, MySQL, SAP HANA (beginner), Apache (Tomcat), MongoDB
Additional: AWS, GCP, Network Protocols, TCP/IP familiarity, UDP, Hadoop, MapReduce, Docker
Certifications: SQL Programming, Python Programming, Cloud Computing, Google Analytics
- Maintained the UI by working on bug fixes and modifying the existing code for better user experience.
- Worked closely with analytics & development teams and provided insights on diseases to focus on a country level.
Assistant System Engineer, Tata Consultancy Services, Bangalore, India August 2015 – July 2017
Role: BASIS Consultant Client: SAP Labs
- Performed Quality Checks and monitored System Performance of SAP systems built in Hana Enterprise Cloud Environment.
- Administered activities like creating, changing, maintaining, deleting user accounts.
- Performed activities like installation of add-ons, SAP Kernel upgrades and applying SAP S-notes/Support Patches
- Provided Go-Live support to customers on all Landscapes like SAP R/3, ECC, PI, Java, ABAP on Oracle, Sybase, HANA
- Involved in version and SP upgrade activity for Business Intelligent platforms from 4.1 SP7 to 4.1SP02.
- Supported the SAP system software in Production environments which improved system availability/uptime to 99.9%.
Trainee, BSNL May 2013
- Trained on Networking essentials (router, switches, gateways), Intelligent Network, Protocols, TCP/IP and LAN Switches.
- Participated in Industrial Training on different encoding techniques, GSM technology and Mobile Communication.
No SQL DB Performance Analysis on Cloud Node.js, Python Fall 2018
- NoSQL (Mongo) DB is chosen for evaluating its performance on container against virtual machine created on Google Cloud.
- Created a docker container inside GCP instance and deployed MongoDB. Configured HTCondor, created multiple clients and
sent requests to MongoDB to evaluate the performance of the system as number of clients increased.
- Achieved better Insert/Update performance of Mongo DB on container as opposed to virtual machine.
Artifact Removal from EEG Python, MATLAB Summer 2018
- Implemented an automated artifact rejection method that purifies EEG signals and helps in diagnosing the patients suffering
from brain related problems.
- Designed an efficient and robust Machine Learning Model and achieved an accuracy of 85% on test and training sets.
Dynamic Object Serializer/De-serializer Java Fall 2018
- Developed a generic library to serialize and deserialize objects.
- Designed the application using Design Patterns like Dynamic Proxy, Strategy and Visitor Patterns.
- This application helped in reducing the ripple effect causing minimal changes when new objects are being added.
Xv6 Kernel Hacking C Spring 2018
- Added kernel thread support and implemented a small thread library that supports creation, joining and termination of threads.
- Implemented Multi-level Feedback Queue scheduler over default Round Robin Scheduling policy.
IRC Chat Server C Spring 2018
- Implemented Internet Relay Chat server that uses TCP/IP and UDP network protocol in C.
- Implemented a Multithreaded application that allows for real-time discussion with up to hundreds of people at once.
Library catalogue Python, Java Script, SQL Fall 2017
- Designed and implemented a Library Management System which covered all relevant CRUD operations.
- Implemented using Python (object oriented), JAVA Script (functional), SQL (procedural) satisfying three programming
Paradigms. Utilized HTML, CSS for front end development.
Apex Simulator C++ Programmer Fall 2017
- Developed an APEX pipeline simulator in C++.
- Includes implementation of Register Renaming, Reorder Buffer, Issue Queue and out-of-order execution.
Sudoku Solver C & Java June 2015
- Developed an Application which generates a solution when an image of unsolved sudoku is uploaded.
- Implemented using Backtracking and Crooks algorithm and performed time complexity analysis for both algorithms.