956-***-**** (c) Email: email@example.com SUMMARY: Air conditioning and refrigeration professional with A/C certification. Performed minor building maintenance and repair work. Maintain and repair buildings, utility systems and stationary equipment and operation of motorized equipment. Confer with management, and team. Requisition material and supplies. Maintain records, and complete basic janitorial work. Trained co-workers as needed. Bilingual English / Spanish.
• Basic Computer Skills, office equipment, fax machines, printers, copiers.
• Skilled in minor carpentry, electrical and plumbing repairs.
• Customer Service Skills
Self –Employed Brownsville, TX
General Labor September 2011 to present
Basic carpentry, plumbing and electrical repairs and landscaping.
• Mow lawns, use of weedeater, tree trimming, and clean and water plants/flower beds.
• Repair fence
• Installed sinks, pvc pipes, and facets in bathrooms and kitchen area.
• Replaced waterheater and kitchen stove.
Cameron County Housing Authority/People Ready Brownsville, TX Maintenance Worker March 2018 to May 2018
Basic carpentry, plumbing and electrical repairs, painting and landscaping.
• Mow lawns, use of weedeater, and tree trimming.
• Paint rooms, doors, entrances as requested by occupant via work order request.
• Installed sinks, pvc pipes, and facets in bathrooms and kitchen area.
• Make ready apartments, paint kitchen, living room, bathroom, closets and bedroom walls, doors, door and window trimming.
City of South Padre Island South Padre Island, TX
March 2018 to March 2018
March 2017 to March 2017
March 2016 to March 2016
Enforce code ordinances for the City of South Padre Island during Texas Spring Break.
• Check ice chests, bags etc for glass containers at beach. S t e v e G o n z a l e s P a g e 2
• Provide verbal or written sitations for violations.
• Prepare all necessary reports and documents at end of each shift to office administration.
• Clean vehicle at end of each.
Berry Pool Brownsville, TX
Pool Technician November 2017 to January 2018
Basic pool cleaning and repair for residential and commercial areas.
• Transferred tools, parts, equipment, and supplies to and from work station and other areas to clean pools in assigned route.
• Disassemble broken or defective equipment to install parts and reassemble when repairs are completed.
• Test equipment for proper functioning.
University of Texas at Brownsville and Texas Southmost College Brownsville, TX Mantenance Worker April 2006 to August 2011
ITEC Center Facilities Office
Cleaned, organized and/or relocated storage. Disposed of damaged furniture. Set-up and tear-down of events. Maintained layout of storage area with various department equipment or furniture. Complete walk through of building to assess damages to be reported. Performed minor carpentry and electrical repairs. Arranged classroom furniture to original layout. Custodial responsibility for designated area(s) throughout building and/or after events.
• Coordinated set up of 1 event per week collaborated with other convention personnel to make arrangements for group meetings and conventions
• Monitored event activities to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and laws, satisfaction of participants, and resolution of any problems that arise
• Inspected event facilities to ensure that they conformed to customer requirements
• Assist with Hurricane Preparedness Plan
• Assist with Emergency Notification System Testing
• Respond/Report custodial requests and concerns
• Respond/Report facilities requests and concerns
• Respond to inquiries from the general public
• Assist the Physical Plant personnel with jobs that need to be completed at the ITEC Center
• Assist in maintaining grounds and plants at the ITEC Center
• Assist with answering phones and taking necessary actions
• Dispatch Campus Police, Housekeeping and Phyisical Plant where needed
• Assist with other duties that need to be accomplished S t e v e G o n z a l e s P a g e 3
A/C Refrigeration Brownsville, TX
Air conditioning and appliance installation and repair. Air-conditioning Refrigeration Mechanic March 2003 to March 2006 Installed, repaired and troubleshoot air-conditioning systems and their components. Used electrical meters, refrigerant recovery units, oxygen/acetylene equipment, manometers, air flow meters, temperature recorders and psychometric charts for heating and cooling applications.
• Installed, serviced, and repaired heating and air conditioning systems in residences and commercial establishments.
• Tested electrical circuits and components for continuity, using electrical test equipment.
• Tested pipe or tubing joints and connections for leaks, using pressure gauge or soap-and-water solution.
• Joined pipes or tubing to equipment and to fuel, water, or refrigerant source, to form complete circuit. University of Texas at Brownsville and Texas Southmost College Brownsville, TX Temporary Help (maintenance) February 2003 to February 2003 Continuing Education Department
Moved, repaired and / or assembled furniture for offices. MAACO Brownsville, TX
Body shop, with close to 500 body shop locations across the continent, provides auto paint and auto body repair services for over 12,000 vehicles a week, 600,000 a year. Auto Body Technician January 2002 - January 2003
Repaired and refinished automotive vehicle bodies and straightened vehicle frames.
• Repaired 10-15 cars per week.
• Reviewed damage reports, prepared or reviewed repair cost estimates, and planned work to be performed.
• Sanded body areas to be painted and cover bumpers, windows, and trim with masking tape or paper to protect them from the paint.
Denny`s Restaurant Brownsville, TX
American family style restaurant chain serving breakfast, lunch and dinner 24 hours per day. Cook January 2001 - December 2002
Ensured food orders come together timely, efficiently and in an eye pleasing way. Used knowledge and application of food safety principles critical for the continued success of the restaurant. Followed set recipes, cooked food to order and presenting a great looking plate while maintaining a clean and sanitary work environment. Honored special requests customers made. S t e v e G o n z a l e s P a g e 4
• Prepared dinner meals, going into breakfast while working overnight shift, preparing approximately 80 to 100 meals per shift.
• Correctly Grilled, cooked, and fried foods such as French fries, eggs, and pancakes to guest satisfaction.
• Recognized by management for maintaining clean food preparation equipment, work areas, and counters.
Petty TV Service/Direct TV Port Isabel, TX
Authorized DIRECTV dealer, offers access to hundreds of channels of quality programming in the places people live - single family homes, condominiums and apartment buildings. DIRECTV also provides television entertainment to tens of thousands of commercial locations, including airports, hotels, restaurants, bars, hospitals and office buildings. Crew Leader January 1997 - December 1998
Installed satellites, ran the cables, installed the receivers and called into the satellite company to activate the system(s)
• Traveled to customers` premises to install, maintain, or repair cable TV equipment or accessories.
• Inspected or tested lines or cables, recorded and analyzed test results, to assess transmission characteristics and locate faults or malfunctions. EDUCATION:
Ferris State University, Big Rapids, MI
Completed training as a cook which included on the job training. University of Texas and Texas Southmost College, Brownsville, TX AS degree Air Conditioning / Refrigeration and Certificate Auto Body Repair Certifications:
Licensed Certified Forklift Driver