Mary D’Costa firstname.lastname@example.org Cell: 917-***-****
EXPERIENCE: Staff Accountant, Millennium, New York, NY February 2017 – Present
• Reconcile and analyze expenses for the US and UK BU and post Journal Entries during the month end close.
• Supervise and train new employees and interns with proper communication and process documentations.
• Perform monthly bank reconciliations and analyze the AP accounts for outstanding balances and accuracy.
• Reconcile all domestic and international bank reconciliations and assist the UK BU with any discrepancies.
• Analyze and reconcile all telecommunication headcount allocations for domestic and international employees.
• Roll, enter, investigate. analyze and tie the general ledger with multiple BU schedules during the month end close.
• Responsible for analyzing information and options by developing GL and Tableau spreadsheet reports.
• Support the team by utilizing analytical skills to compile data, research and analyze financial information.
• Provide analysis on monthly expenses incurred vs. prior 12-month trend, prepare accruals or reclasses as needed.
• Proactively lead monthly financial reporting and variance analysis including monthly financial statements.
• Maintain files and documentations thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with US GAAP.
• Prepare payments by accruing expenses; assign legal entities, cost centers, departments and strategies.
• Primary contact for all Millennium telecommunication, utility and rent invoices and in charge of the analyzing, processing, attaching, validating, initiating and approving process. Accounts Payable Coordinator, UBM, Lake Success, NY November 2015 – January 2017
• Reviewed, prioritized and processed daily Checks, Wires and ACH payments in Oracle EBS.
• Assisted with creating batches, entering invoices, attaching files, initiating and modifying invoices as needed.
• Analyzed the Accounts Receivable accounts for accuracy and assisted the AP department with bank reconciliations.
• Reviewed all invoices for appropriate documentation and management approval prior to payment of daily invoices.
• Responded to all vendor and client inquiries and questions and contacted vendors for any further information.
• Communicated verbally and in writing any technical issues, as well as business and product requirements.
• Exercised critical thinking and problem-solving techniques in resolving performance, capacity and other data issues.
• Created and matched self-bills with Oracle and Bank Statements to keep track of company's accurate cash flow.
• Maintained files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and US GAAP.
• Monitored vendor accounts and banking details to ensure payment methods and terms are accurate and up to date. Accounts Payable Assistant, Five Star Electrical Corp., Ozone Park, NY July 2008 - October 2015
• Maintained files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with GAAP.
• Kept track of all purchase orders for the AP department and provided cover for AP functions when required.
• Reviewed all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment of invoices.
• Liable for responding to all vendor inquiries and contacted vendors for any further information. SKILLS:
• Proficient in Oracle EBS 11i, R12, and Oracle Cloud Fusion, Tableau, Workday, Procure2Pay, Corporate Systems
• Skilled in Microsoft Excel (VLOOKUP, PivotTable, PivotChart, and special functions)
• Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills. EDUCATION:
Queens College of the City University of New York
Master of Science Degree in Accounting – May 2020
Cumulative Queens College GPA: of the 4.0 City University of New York Bachelor of Arts Degree in Accounting – May 2015