M A N I S H A AGGARWAL
Escalon Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94085
-Motivated & result oriented professional in Geographic Information Science (GIS) domain with overall 5+years of experience in Geospatial & Remote Sensing.
-Well-versed in quantitative analytical research with open sources QGIS, ERDAS & ArcGIS. Hands-on experience with Data Mining tools Numpy, Pandas and Ski- learn using Python for data analysis.
-Experienced with managing PostgreSQL and MySQL database on multiple projects.
-Expertise in advanced satellite imaging process, land covers mapping, time series analysis and land use cover change analysis.
Python Data Mining Eclipse (IDE)
Java Script AWS C# .Net (ASP.Net, WCF, ADO.Net)
ArcGIS, QGIS Postgre SQL GitHub
Master of Technology (M.Tech), Astronomy & Space Engineering, May. 2012 (7.5 CGPA) Manipal University, Manipal, Karnataka,India
Bachelors of Engineering (B.E), Applied Electronics & Instrumentation, Aug.2009 (78%) Rajasthan University, Jaipur, Rajasthan,India
CropIn Technology Solution Pvt Ltd. Bangalore, Karnataka, India (Jul.16- Feb.19) Designation: GIS Software Engineer
In this AgriTech Company, I built products & platforms that connect farmers digitally & provides them financial, agriculture & government-related services based on their crop and crop cycle using spectral and spatial data analysis. I worked with data platform and data science teams in direct co-ordination with the CTO to identify the business needs and brainstorm the product scalability. Data Science Team
Software: Google Earth Engine (GEE) services, QGIS, Python, Jupyter Notebook, Scikit-learn
• Conducted POCs for various insurance companies in the domain of Earth observations.
• Interacted with clients to perform data validation.
• Conducted geospatial analysis to map land cover in different regions of India, which produced a land classification map with informed decision on farmers-crops.
• Designed algorithm for crop-type prediction using satellite images data values.
• Developed ML (machine learning) algorithms for satellite images to calculate pixel level data like prediction of Yield value, Growing stages and Health of the farms using different classification models. Data Platform Team
Software: Python, GeoServer, PostgreSQL, GitHub, AWS,GEE Python API
• Built data models for the product and optimizing supporting algorithms for the products.
• Developed the automation algorithms in python2.7 for product & execute them according to release schedule.
• Communicated with staff /clients to understand specific product requirements. Contribute to the production solutions development, testing and deployment. Verify stability of system architecture.
• Research, test and verify proper functioning of software patches and fixes for algorithms.
• Knowledge sharing of project information
• Developed a consolidated GIS system to store & display the spatial representation of farmer plot & score data using C#.Net, ArcSDE, ArcGIS9.1 and ArcObject.
• Exploring a GIS database, Map layouts, Raster data and vector data, Geographic data, Querying data, analysing spatial relationships using ArcObjects.
• Developed a web service to access the raster images with APIs SOAP and REST.
• Developed a web interface using ASP.Net for storing farmer data.
• Developed a web application using ArcGIS Web Application Developer Framework (ADF) using ASP.Net for both server side and client side controls and libraries as well as templates.
• Developed mapping application with combination of Open Layers, ArcGIS Server REST API, WMS and spatial web services.
• Developed a web mapping using ArcGIS web mapping APIs to embedded mapping capabilities into web application.
G.L. Bajaj Institute of Tech & Mgmt. Greater Noida, India (Apr.13- Feb.14) Designation: Assistant Professor
• Prepare and deliver lectures to students on topics such as Satellite communications, Digital Signal Processing and Microwave Theory
• Developed MatLab tutorial for the Department of Electronics & Communication
• Mentored students in designing & completion for their major projects. Collaborated with faculty and R&D Center to enhance external researches. Conducted research projects for Signal & Image Processing.
• Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers. ProArch IT Solutions Pvt. Ltd. Bangalore, Karnataka, India (Dec.12 - Mar.13) Designation: Software Engineer
Project: UPN & FUTURA GIS
Software: C#, ASP.NET, ArcGIS Desktop9.1, ArcObjects, SQL Server 2008, HTML
• The project provided the client a cohesive approach for billing and accounting software.
• Managed the development and designed of energy projects.
• Ensured accurate plotting of electric powerhouse/ poles using ArcGIS survey data.
• Produced georeferenced historical imagery and maps, and digitized new features using ArcGIS Desktop 9.1 and ArcObjects.
• Performed basic GIS operations with head GIS analyst, using geo-processing tools, and creating+ editing geographic data sets.
Regional Remote Sensing Center-South, INDIAN SPACE RESEARCH ORGANIZATION (RRSC-ISRO). Bangalore, Karnataka, India, (Jul.11 - Aug.12)
Project: Analysis of Hyperspectral satellite data for the Rubber Plantation in parts of Tripura state & Space Based Information for De-Centralized Planning (SIS-DP).
Software: ESRI ArcGIS Desktop, ERDAS, ENVI, Python, Eclipse
• Research carried out between multispectral and hyperspectral satellite data.
• Extracted data from satellite images e.g. NDVI, LAI with medium resolution pixel value.
• Sampled the images with pixel values.
• Analyzing spatial relationship from spectral extracted data.
• Developed Land cover map with different classification of models like Data Driven Models.
• Researched legal descriptions and survey maps to verify property lines and gather requisite information for mapping.
• Developed and created GIS maps as requested by implementing ArcMap and analyzing relevant data.
• Determine root causes of failures using statistical methods and recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
• Assisted in data management and organization, including vector and raster data in geospatial database. Pioneer Pollution Control and Air System Pvt. Ltd. Gwalior, MP, India (Aug.09- May.10)
• Participated in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, and schedules.
• Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates. Work-Visa status: Holding valid L2-EAD work visa from 03/14/2019 to 03/13/2021