DAVE MEREDITH, MBA
Easton, PA ****5
FINANCE MANAGER with 20 years financial planning and analysis experience in high tech industries. Expertise in strategic financial planning, tactical implementation, contract negotiations, establishing state-of-the-art financial models and practices, and managing cross-functional teams. A high-energy, results-oriented manager with a gift for translating complex financial data into concrete terms.
Verizon – Basking Ridge, NJ (2018 – 2019)
Consultant, Treasury (Risk Management Dept)
Key finance business partner to Treasury Risk Management team. Provided financial oversight and tracking/reconciliation for $350M+ corporate insurance budget, as well as $25M Treasury departmental budget.
• Researched, analyzed, reconciled and validated insurance premium accounts, working closely with Accounting department CPA team
• Ensured timely and accurate Sarbanes-Oxley senior management quarterly attestations
• Developed detailed annual Treasury department expense and headcount budget Verizon – Basking Ridge, NJ (2014 – 2018)
Manager, Financial Planning Analysis, Wireline Business Transformation Finance Key finance business partner to Business Transformation teams in Verizon Enterprise Solutions and Verizon Partner Solutions. Provided financial oversight for over 100 projects with benefits totaling $1B.
• Researched, analyzed and validated financial benefits of Lean/Six Sigma (LSS) Black Belt and Green Belt projects which simplified end to end business processes, from quoting to ordering to customer service
• Reviewed source data and calculations, challenged assumptions and created financial models to support and validate cost saving and incremental revenue business cases
• Coached and mentored non-financial LSS Black Belts Verizon – Basking Ridge, NJ (2009 – 2014)
Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis, Verizon Enterprise Solutions Key finance business partner supporting $270M expense and 2,500 headcount budgets, demonstrating expert-level knowledge of MS Office suite and Hyperion (including Excel Essbase add-in).
• Developed annual budgets with detailed monthly expense and headcount components
• Created detailed monthly outlook, evaluating and projecting headcount, overtime, nonwage, and contractor expenses; forecasts within 1% of actuals on average
• Mined data, analyzed revenue and expense, identified trends and recommended actions to senior management to reduce costs, improve processes, and increase productivity and revenue
• Analyzed $4B annual revenues, evaluating price and volume sensitivity and variance Verizon – Basking Ridge, NJ (2005 – 2009)
Sr. Consultant, Financial Planning & Analysis, Verizon Consumer Markets Prepared and presented plan vs. actual financial variance analysis for $4B+ expense budget, working cross-functionally with finance leaders from all lines of business to provide clear and concise financial and business assessments to senior management. Summarized business drivers of variance to plan and prior year for executive consumption. Dave Meredith Page Two
• Developed model to quantify costs of specific key metrics, allowing management to measure expense impact of productivity, dispatch volume, and overtime variances
• Best View/Forecast accuracy within 2% of actuals Verizon – Irving, TX (2000 – 2005)
Specialist, Financial Planning and Analysis, Verizon Logistics Provided financial analysis of revenue, expense and margin. Budget development, tracking, and variance analysis focusing on business drivers, making use of SAP, PeopleSoft and proprietary systems, as well as heavy use of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Modeled capital business cases, working cross-functionally with operations to provide clear and concise financial and business assessments to management.
• Developed a business case which supported $25M savings by using in house capability vs. outsourcing following merger
• Capital software and hardware business case modeling ranged from $100K - $25M with three to five year economic lives, evaluating NPV of investments Verizon – Irving, TX (1998 – 2000)
Senior Accountant, Verizon (fGTE) Logistics
Tracked and accrued revenue and expenses, ensuring items were booked properly to general ledger. Analyzed and reconciled reserve and other balance sheet accounts.
• Designed and maintained database to serve as intermediary between incompatible systems
• Calculated and issued $50M monthly intracompany vouchers, ensuring expenses were charged to the appropriate entities
Verizon – Irving, TX (1997-1998)
Administrator, Results and Analysis, Verizon (fGTE) Logistics Allocated business unit expenses among regulated entities; explained variances to plan in terms of business drivers for senior management; reconciled revenues and receivables associated with contract service billings. Calculated and issued $2B annual contract service fee billings to 50+ affiliates.
• Assisted in completing responses to regulatory inquiries, including annual filings, rate case interrogatories, and supporting documentation
• Served as primary interface with auditors performing regulatory compliance testing
• Designed, maintained and operated supply cost allocation model in Lotus 123 Core Proficiencies
• Financial Analysis • FP&A Consolidation • Quantitative Analysis • Trend Reporting
• Data Mining • Financial Modeling • Coaching/Mentoring • Management Reporting
• Cost Reduction
• Governance &
EDUCATION / PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
MBA, Finance, University of Texas, Dallas, TX
BA, Business Administration, Augustana College, Rock Island, IL