email@example.com Home: 516-***-****
Head of Finance/Product Control Accountant with extensive experience in Financial Services industry working with Fixed income, derivatives, interest rate and credit default swaps, bonds, stocks, and GICs. Primary contact for all P&L, Regulatory and Branch related issues: established and managed a daily P&L process, monitored and resolved large variances, and advised branch GM and international head office of all large movements. Point of contact on all Branch Finance related activity. Recognized for a solid deconstructive approach to problem solving P&L and balance sheet issues. Fostered productive relationships with back office and traders. Accomplishments
Discovered check embezzlement scheme at Abbey National Treasury Services Accounts Payable Department and the remediation of policy and procedures to adequately prevent this sort of fraud in the future thru several additional remediation steps.
Assisted along with my team to upgrade the Account Payable System.
Enhance reconciliations such as Bank recs.,& AP adding layers of proofing & analysis of expense.
Improved process of monthly finance "Management Reports" for Branch Managers and CFO. This allowed for an easier flow of discussion during monthly meetings and saved 2 days of labor.
Recommended and put into place a day-to-day profit and loss for different trading desks and was point of contact for daily variances and ad hoc queries.
Led the Business Object Migration team in 2012 allowing a smooth transfer of all prior system queries for the Bank.
Involved in the restructuring, disentanglement and re-alignment of FMS-WM/HRE/DEPFA project of assets.
€ 220B of bad assets were transferred to the German government. This project lasted 9 months and saved 15% percent of total budget by not hiring temps.
Took leadership role in the Finance Dept. in 2012 and trained colleagues in daily/monthly operations. Professional Experience
Abbey National Treasury Services(Santander Bank)
Vice President, Head of Finance 9/2015 - Present
Promoted to Head of Finance to manage group.
• Prepare and present monthly financial results to Management Committee. Ensure analysis is accurate, concise and provide a summary understanding of the Branch’s monthly effect.
• Responsible of setting up new folders and accounting structure of new products.
• Point of contact with audit/examinations conducted by internal and external regulatory bodies.
• Reviewed overhead cost forecasting and budgeting.
• Development of staff for possible succession to level above current roles.
• Daily analysis of P&L and coordinating that month end are fulfilled by T+2.
• Review and revise all Finance dept. procedures and certify monthly controls and SOX testing.
• Prepared and coordinated yearly budgets and reviewed variances during monthly meetings. Abbey National Treasury Services(Santander Bank)
Vice President 3/2015 – 9/2015
Run the day to day operations for ledger and regulatory reporting and support the Head of Finance.
• Created a new format for monthly financials. With this new process, I was able to provide solid numbers to management by T+6 instead of 3 weeks.
• Began a reconciliation between Market Risk and the GL to calculate comparisons by deal along with weekly dialogue to discuss variances.(Repos, Bonds, IRS, Futures, Securities)
• Recreated daily profit and loss work-papers as well as improved multiple finance reconciliations processes in saving time to analyze and understand the business.
• Responsible in preparing Regulatory Reports (Call Reports, TIC Reports, BEA reports)and ability to research variances and created an optimum relationship with FED counterparts.
• Established strong relationship with Product Control UK, Ops, Front Office and Market Risk UK.
• Responsible for all month end GL accounting process. DEPFA BANK PLC NEW YORK, NY 2006 - 2015
Associate Director of Finance/Product Accountant
Hired to develop P&L process. Managed $15B of assets in the NY Branch while conducting daily and monthly P&L. Prepared monthly close statements for Dublin and Munich. Interacted with auditors, State and Federal examiners to review bank activities. Reported to the CFO of NY Branch.
• Compiled daily P&L, reviewed variances & completed monthly reports for Head Offices.
• Prepared and reviewed monthly Management Reports with Managers and Traders.
• Lead for Business Objects Migration Team and insured that key files and reports were transferred accurately and without disruption.
• Responsible for daily and monthly reporting on Morrigan SPV TRR with $25B of assets.
• Consistently worked with numerous products and investment vehicles: IRS, GICs, Bonds.
• Team member of the Restructuring and Disentanglement project that allowed for removal and separation of € 220B of bad assets to a German Government Company. HVB AMERICA, INC, NEW YORK, NY 2000 - 2006
Associate Director of Treasury Control (2000-2006) Responsible for producing trade P&L analysis for 5 different trading desks: MM, F/X, securities, agencies, and derivatives. Analyzed daily variances and reconciled front office, middle and back office.
• Primary contact with front office and back office for the reconciliation of P&L product allocation and monthly analysis of portfolios.
• Led and SME for the development of Impact Security System, an application that insured that assets priced by third parties agreed with Front Office records. Reconciled discrepancies on a weekly basis and trained employees on new application.
• Produced Management Head Office reports for the Treasury Department.
• Reconciled department worksheets (securities, IRS, futures & FX options) regarding pricing.
• Co-led Board Pricing Warehouse that ensured all fixed income securities were priced consistently on all platforms.
PAINE WEBBER, NEW YORK, NY 1999-2000
Financial Analyst/Sr. Accountant
• Prepared multiple schedules, such as revenue by client and product P&L, for fixed income. CIBC Oppenheimer, NEW YORK, NY 1997-1999
Hedge Fund Accountant
• Responsible for monthly P&L, NAV calculations and preparation of audit papers. Education/Professional Development
B.B.A., Accounting, Adelphi University, Garden City, NY, 1996 GPA: 3.5, Recipient of Adelphi Trustee Awards. Dean's List; Member of the Accounting and Finance Team. Member of the Division 1 NCAA Soccer Team.
FRB NY- attended business regulatory classes/seminars such as FFIEC 002 at the FED; Repurchase Agreement
& Securities Lending Seminar 2015
SAP, Summit, Business Objects, Reef, Murex, Fusion, Cognos, Impact, WSS, Midas, Reporting Central Languages
Fluent in Italian. Attended and graduated high school in Palermo, Italy. Volunteer Work
Greek Orthodox Cathedral of St. Paul. Weekly Local Food Run