Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: **** ******* ****** ****, *******, FL, 32824 AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Network Services Support and
A highly competent and organized systems administrator with Proven experience in Microsoft Windows Server Platforms as Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Window 2008, SQL 2008 Servers, installation, administration & compatibility. Possessing a proven ability to assist with the day-to-day running of an IT department and its business IT systems. Extensive knowledge of monitoring and controlling data security within guidelines to ensure compliance and report on possible improvements.
Effective communicator with proven ability to build strong working relationships. My principal condition as an IT professional is that I enjoy challenges and I love to contribute with new ideas in order to improve Business performance. Looking for a suitable IT position with an exciting, innovative and ambitious company that offers room for progression.
COMTEQ PLUS, LLC
IT Specialist 07/11/2017 - Current
I am responsible for provide IT Support for Scenario employees. Responsibilities consist heavily of technical troubleshooting and resolution of end user computer hardware and software issues. Also I must be able to communicate effectively with his / her user base and colleagues, work in an extremely fast paced, dynamic startup environment, handle multiple support issues at a time, and follow through on all tickets and projects while maintaining a positive attitude, professionalism and a high level of customer service.
· Provide IT support services for all aspects of user account setup and William Rodriguez
maintenance, system patching, antivirus, system imaging, break / fix on PC and Mac platforms, video conference equipment, printers / copiers, phone systems and general IT hardware / software
· Manage individual workflow and maintain current ticket queue
· Mobile support: iOS, Android, Windows Mobile
· Provide after hours and weekend on-call support as needed
-Provide support to Hyper-V environment in monitoring Virtual servers (1 DC, 1 APP, 1 FS, 1 WSUS), update virtual workstation images, check the virtual backups from Veeam Backup software
· Develop and maintain productive and professional relationship with user base.
· Strong service oriented mentality a must.
· Excellent communication/interpersonal skills, ability and willingness to learn and cross train with other IT staff members required.
· Recent hands-on technical experience with Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Microsoft Office Suite 365, Microsoft Active Directory, Windows Server, vpn, network connectivity and mobile devices.
DEPARTMENT OF STATE – U.S. BOGOTA, COLOMBIA EMBASSY COMPUTER MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST July 1995 – Feb 2017 The Computer Management Specialist (CMS) is in charge of planning, design and management of Information Technology (IT) for the Department of State
(DoS) OpenNet Plus, Dedicated Internet Network (DIN) and Data Processing Centers (DPC) at four physically co-located Embassy annex buildings and three
(3) remote locations within Bogota. The CMS coordinates with the Information Systems Officer (ISO) for design, installation, operation, maintenance, repair, analysis and planning all IT network hardware/platforms. Also, is responsible for all computer, data processing, related development or evaluation aspects of DoS IT local area networks (LANs) and software application maintenance and development projects.
Acting as technical lead to identify and implement solutions to problems affecting IT services.
• Installation and maintenance of Windows 2008 Servers.
• Producing documentation on operational, system and user procedures & guidelines.
• Building, configuration and troubleshooting of server and desktop hardware and software.
• Providing advice on selection and purchase of IT equipment.
• Maintaining maximum availability of supported services for users. Obtaining quotes for supply of goods and services from suppliers.
• Designing, implementing and managing Active Directory, GPO and Exchange 2010.
• Responsible for disaster recovery, closing security loopholes and access levels.
• Managing Microsoft Exchange Server and Mail Clients profile
• Ensure adequate antivirus protection & solutions are maintained and updated.
• Monitoring VMware console
• Programing applications on the basis of specific office/customer specifications and system architecture like Visual Basic, MS Access GUI as Front End and SQL Database as Back End.
WINDOWS NT LAN NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR March 1993 – July 1995
Responsible for Installation, configuration and support of Windows NT 3.51Domain Network environment. Also, setup and support for WFWG
(Windows for Work group) 3.11clients. Management of File sharing access permissions, network printer and mail client profiles using NetBIOS as network protocol. Responsible in the NT accounts creation to authenticate domain credentials. Perform backup of the data through Windows NT Backup tool. DULCES EMILITA
Programmer February 1992 – February 1993
Analysis, Design and production of Invoicing application. The application lets create invoices you can print directly to clients, save the clients info into a text William Rodriguez
file for the vendors use it as database, the application calculate the items purchased plus the QTY and taxes creating an invoice for the payment process. The application was developed in Pascal programming language. KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Knowledge & understanding of backup technologies & disaster recovery methods as UltraBack and SAN storage technology.
• Experience of using System Administration tools such as SMS, PAT Tool, Power Shell.
• Good understanding of: Server Hardware Technology, Exchange, SQL, LANs, WANs.
• Experience in monitoring VMware infrastructure
• Experience of: SQL Database design entity-relation model, VB MS Access programing.
• Experience in the installation and Support of Windows 2008 and 2012 Windows Cluster services
• Full experience installing, supporting and troubleshooting of Windows 2003, 2008 domain environment, which include Terminal Services, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, File Server, Group Management Policy features and roles.
• Experience in installation and support of Microsoft SQL 2005 and 2008 Database Server
• Knowledge and understanding switching and routing Cisco network devices L2 and L3
Politecnico Gran Colombiano University
Systems Engineer – 1997
IT Certificates and Training
• CCNA Routing & Switching
CCTI - Feb13 – April 4, 2017
• Core solutions of Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 IT Talent Nov, 2016
• Administering Windows Server 2012
IT Talent Oct, 2016
• Supervisory and Management Skills Workshop
Foreign Services Institute – Nov, 2013
VMWare local provider – Nov, 2013
• Configuring, Managing and Maintaining Windows Server 2008 Foreign Services Institute – June, 2013
• Information Assurance for Systems Administrators Diplomatic Security Training Center – July, 2011
• Network+ Path
Foreign Services Institute – August, 2008
• Managing an d Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment
New Horizons – April 2006
• A+ Certified
CompTIA – July, 2003
• Implementing, and Administering a Microsoft Windows Server 2000 Directory Services Infrastructure.
New Horizons - October, 2002
• Implementing, and Administering a Microsoft Windows Server 2000 Network infrastructure.
New Horizons - September, 2002
• Installing, Configuring and Administering a Microsoft Windows Server 2000
New Horizons - July, 2002
• Installing, Configuring and Administering a Microsoft Exchange Server 2000
New Horizons - June, 2002