Clifton, NJ *****
I graduated Penn State (class of 2013) with a bachelors of Liberal Arts and minor in Professional Writing. Since then, I have paved my way as a successful freelance writing and editing professional providing meticulous attention to detail and producing exceptional content. Broad industry experience includes healthcare communications, consumer/promotional product copywriting, and publishing (book editing).
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Source Communications - Hackensack, NJ
March 2018 to Present
• Responsible for proofing side by side comparisons, slugs, and cold reads for both print and digital assets.
• Makes markups/edits and works closely with Art Directors in production to ensure changes were implemented successfully.
• Works closely with Production Manager so that materials flow through the agency in a timely manner.
• Occasionally assists Senior Copywriter with creative copy. Book Editor
August 2015 to Present
• Provides regular project updates and oversees publication process.
• Maintains high content standards and corrects grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
• Works closely with Author to check facts, word choice, consistency, sentence structure, and logic.
• Proofreads content for proper grammar and usage.
• Communicates with Author throughout the editing process to maintain the integrity of the original manuscript.
• Recommends new ideas, sources, and alternative word choices to the Author. Proofreader
Precision for Value - Gladstone, NJ
May 2017 to December 2017
• Professional experience in proofing side by side comparisons, slugs, and cold reads.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines within an agency setting.
• Responsible for proofing and copyediting pieces for both the production and creative departments efficiently and accurately.
• Strong command of the English language, both in verbal and written form.
• Demonstrated ability to meticulously examine a document for extended periods of time, placing high attention to detail including precise grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
• Other responsibilities included working with the Medical Director to reorganize and expand the internal Reference Library.
Promotional Products Copywriter/Editor
Myron - Quality Promotional Products & Business Gifts - Maywood, NJ April 2015 to December 2015
• Copywriter and Editor of website and quarterly print catalog.
• Maintained the standard voice of the unique publication's brand both online and in print.
• Proofread copy for proper grammar and usage.
• Partnered with Graphic Designers and Senior Editor in production to create effective copy and layout that was both entertaining and informative to the audience, while effectively pairing text with appropriate images.
• Office work included writing copy for a variety of content types; including email campaigns, promotional mailers, editing copy for SEO keywords, researching competitive analysis, managing copy in the workflow system and other internal systems, proofreading copy for QA, and researching product detail to ensure accuracy.
Freelance Article Copywriter
The Richest Publication House
February 2014 to April 2014
• Wrote and edited luxury-related articles for website.
• Implemented language that was fitting to the unique voice of the publication's brand while also keeping the standard of the online magazine in mind through to the completion of each article.
• Worked with senior editor to create an effective article that was both entertaining to the audience and reflected the age group of the readership.
• Partnered with Editor in production and demonstrated excellent proofreading and editing skills.
• Worked with Graphic Designers to integrate graphics that would best illustrate the tone or "voice" of the written text.
• Office work included co-acting with the Editor.
Content Writer /Editor
It's the Doctor's Orders - Wayne, NJ
May 2011 to May 2013
• Wrote and edited educational medical- related articles that were both entertaining and informative to the audience.
• Experience writing for a multitude of health-related topics and creating content for a diverse audience.
• Gained excellent comprehension of the unique voice of the magazine's brand while successfully maintaining the anticipated standard of the publication.
• Collaborated with clients to create an effective article that reflected their profession, success, and passion.
• Brainstormed with Graphic Designers to incorporate ad graphics and titles that best represented the text and emotion of each distinctive article.
• Proofread articles for proper grammar and usage.
• Office work included communication with clients, design, and production team. Education
BA in Letters, Arts, and Sciences/ Minor in Professional Writing. Pennsylvania State University
ACROBAT (Less than 1 year), ADOBE ACROBAT (Less than 1 year), ADOBE PHOTOSHOP (Less than 1 year), EXCEL (Less than 1 year), MICROSOFT EXCEL (Less than 1 year) Additional Information
• Knowledge of AMA Style Guide
• Adobe Acrobat: Advanced
• Microsoft Outlook: Expert
• Microsoft Word: Expert
• Microsoft Powerpoint: Advanced
• Microsoft Excel: Intermediate
• Wordpress: Intermediate
• Google Docs: Advanced
• Google AdWords: Intermediate
• Adobe Photoshop: Beginner