Toronto, ON, Canada 226-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org
• Seeking for a full-time position for Hardware/RF Design Engineer
• In-depth knowledge of High-speed Digital Circuit Design, Analog Circuit Design, RF Circuit Design and Antenna Design
• Proficient in Mixed Signal Circuit design/layout tools: Altium Designer, TINA-TI Spice, ADS, HFSS
• Full Hands-on test equipment Oscilloscope, Multimeter, Function Generator, VNA, Spectrum Analyzer
• Good knowledge of wireless technologies: WiFi, Bluetooth, LTE, GPS, RADAR, SATELLITE
• Familiar with MATLAB, Python and C programming
Hardware Designer, BresoTec Inc., Toronto, ON, CA Jan.2018 - Apr.2019
• Designed schematics captures, PCB layouts and fabrication files for on-body sensor device and off-body data storage device to collect, exchange and store real-time data through WiFi & Bluetooth technologies.
• Designed charger, regulator, RTC, audio codec, DDR3, EMMC, SDC, RF and Antenna matching circuits around MCU/CPU.
• Tested and debugged designed embedded devices. Improved the designs for better signal integrity and WiFi performance.
• Worked with firmware and software teams for the HW/FW/SW integrations.
• Wrote technical documents and test plans for compliance tests (FCC/ISED,CE) of the designed medical devices. Research Associate, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON, CA Jul.2017 - Oct.2017
• Designed a high-gain agile beam 2.4 GHz antenna system for UAVs on imaging, radar and sensing applications.
• Designed the schematics and PCB layouts of the transceiver front-end circuits and control circuits for a 2.4 GHz radar system. Research Assistant, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON, CA Mar.2016 - Jun.2017
• Co-designed a multi-layer antenna and feeding network for a Ka band transmitter of a phase array system for a satellite project.
• Designed and coded a real-time feedback beam-switching subsystem of a 2.4 GHz WLAN UAV for imaging through RS-232 serial port. Performed the range tests and beam-switching functionality for the designed antenna system in anechoic chamber. RF Engineer, NERv Technology Inc., Waterloo, ON, CA Sep.2016 - Oct.2017
• Designed and tested the RF circuits and antenna for an embedded bio-medical device monitoring on post-operative complications for a start-up company NERv Technology Inc.
M.A.Sc Student, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON, CA Jan.2014 - Jan.2016
• Designed and fabricated a novel miniaturized differential dipole antenna for Bluetooth enabled hearing aid devices. Measured the antenna impedance, radiation pattern and coupling factors with head model in anechoic chamber. Integrated the designed antenna into a commercial hearing aid device and observed good audio link range for outdoor/indoor environment under Bluetooth protocols.
• Simulated the circuits of a slow current stealing ring oscillator in Cadence for a master’s course project.
• Worked as a TA for NE241 “Electromagnetism”, ECE475 “Antenna Theory”, and ECE474 “Radio and Wireless System”.
• Tutoring the undergraduates on the block-level circuit design of a LTE uplink transceiver in ADS. Hardware Designer, TP-Link Technologies Co. Ltd, Shenzhen, China Jul.2013 - Nov.2013
• Designed the schematics and PCB of a compact dual-band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) WLAN router including the transformer, regulator, micro-controller, flash, clock, Ethernet, WiFi and antenna circuits.
• Assembled ten samples and tested the product performance including the clock, voltage transfer, DC power supply, RSSI, EVM, Package lost rate etc. under LAN/WLAN protocols to meet FCC/CE certifications. Education
M.A.Sc, Electrical & Computer Engineering Department, University of Waterloo, ON, CA Jan.2014 - Jan.2016
B.A.Sc, Electronic Engineering Department, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, Chengdu, China (GPA: 89/100)
Sep.2009 - Jun.2013
Published: “Design of a Miniaturized Antenna for Bluetooth enabled Hearing Aid Device”, APS/URSI, 2015. Published: “Antenna Design Methodology for Ear-to-Ear/ Ear-to-Remote Communications”, APS/URSI, 2017. Published: “A Smart Beam-Switching Multi-Antenna System for UAV”, APS/URSI, 2017. Published: “Antenna System Design for Multicopter UAVs utilizing Characteristic Modes”, EUCAP, 2018.