Gaithersburg, MD 20886
Experienced senior manager in growing and increasing the profitability in spa, retail and wellness business areas. Able to grow revenue and profits year-over-year in the spa industry through creative approaches, using proven and systematic management sales tactics. Experience in profit and loss responsibility with knowledge of budgeting and forecasting. Able to cultivate a positive work environment for employees that fosters a low turnover rate; and provide a positive consumer experience. Have won many awards in guest engagement, employee engagement and financial success.
August 2012 – February 2018: Account Executive
Represent two luxury brands: Aromatherapy Associates and The Refinery
• Identify volume opportunities within the Northeast– strategizing a plan to exceed annual sales goals
• Implement retail sales strategies by account
• Sales promotional planning by account
• Train staff on spa treatments, professional products, retail products and core values
• Develop marketing tools and strategies for the northeastern territory.
• Establish a professional, ongoing business rapport within the spa and retail luxury community
• Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers via meetings, telephone calls and emails.
• Visiting and prospecting potential new clients for new business.
• Making accurate, rapid cost calculations, and providing clients with quotations.
• Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales.
• Gathering market and customer information and providing feedback on future buying trends.
• Attend trade shows and host events
• Advising on forthcoming product developments and discussing special promotions.
• Checking quantities of goods on display and in stock.
• Identifying new markets and business opportunities.
December 2009 – August 2012: Director of Spa
The Ritz-Carlton Tysons Corner
I was responsible for the over all success for the Spa, retail, fitness facilities with members and pool at The Ritz-Carlton Tysons Corner. This includes all spa revenue streams, budgets, marketing pieces, guest engagement and employee engagement. I also sit on the General mangers council, the Hotels PR and Marketing team and I also assist with our community out reach programs.
Manage the overall spa operation. Currently oversee a staff of 30 +employees. Provide supervision to spa supervisors, spa concierge, massage therapist, nail technicians, Aesthetician, spa housekeepers, life guards and personal trainers
Create new revenue streams. Have created 3 new revenue streams which were a spa café that generates a 70% profit margin; a make-up/brow bar station and a retail catalogue for guest groups.
Hire and develop the best talent: In charge of the hiring process of the spa, pool and fitness facilities and training and developing the Standard Operating Procedures.
Create new ways to engage and retain guest: To help retain and engage guest, created an extensive loyalty program that features a membership card with points that allows the guest to receive free or discount services along with an exclusive phone number for faster bookings that gives the guest a sense of belonging and stature.
Develop and maintain a fee based fitness membership program: We now offer a gym membership that local guest can purchase into and have exclusive privileges and rights.
Develop, create, and execute the spas marketing plan: We use a multiple different types of media to attract business. We currently use are website, press releases, quarterly promotions, social media(Facebook), charity and press to attract new business and to create brand recognition.
The Financials: In charge of the all the budgeting, forecasting, cost and the final profit margin results.
Employee engagement: We know that an engaged employee will work harder and buy into the success of the business more. My department was within the top 3 of the entire hotels.
Purchasing: In charge of all purchasing for my department. This includes back bar, soft good and hard goods. In regards to professional supplies I focus on finding and negotiating the best wholesale prices with the best quality to help ensure a higher profit margins
Retail: I am in charge of all the retail buying for the hotel and spa. Ideally we do a full turn of merchandise with in a 60-day window. This is to reduce potential debt on the books and gives way to new pieces. We aim for a 25% retail to service ratio
November 2008 – December 2009: Director of Spa
Sports Club/LA Washington DC a Millennium Partners Company
I was responsible for the overall success for the Spa and retail facilities at The Sports Club/LA Washington DC. This includes all spa revenue streams, budgets and assisted with all spa product development for services and buying responsibilities for the spa segment.
July 2007 – November 2008: Spa Manger
The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington DC a Millennium owned property
I was responsible for the overall success for the Spa, retail and fitness facilities at The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown.
August 2006 – July 2007: Aesthetician
Red Door Spa
I was responsible to deliver 5-star spa services. This included facial’s, chemical peels, waxing and retailing. I held a 28% retail to services rate along with a 33% guest retention rate.